看板 Rays 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《abc12812 ()》之銘言: : 標題: 2009 TAMPA BAY RAYS SEASON PREVIEW : 時間: Wed Feb 4 21:34:03 2009 續上篇 : : #4-Andy Sonnanstine: 193.3IP, 9.9H/9, 5.8K/9, 3.4K:BB, 1.7BB/9, 1.0HR/9, : 1.288WHIP, 102ERA+ : : Sonnanstine is actually a pretty sweet pitcher when you look at his skill : set. He's got great command and doesn't give up many bombs, but he doesn't : strike a ton of hitters out so the upside is limited. That H/9IP would look : better but his BABIP was .312 which was above league average. The big problem : is that Sonnanstine is relying completely on his guile. His average fastball : sat at 87mph last season, which coming from a righty is well below average. : He throws up to 5 pitches for strikes, but I don't know. A few more : strikeouts, a few more groundballs and who know what can happen? With Price : in the mix, Sonnanstine is nothing more than a #4-#5 starter, but when you : can get 200IP out of guy that is going to keep you in games because he : doesn't walk anyone then that's a great asset to have in your rotation. : Sonnanstine will only be 26-years old this season so there is certainly time. : 老實說Andy不是個很好的投手,控球不錯 HR/9也還好,不過低三振率表示他的高點也 不會很高。明年H/9會稍微改善但那是因為有點過高的Babip,問題在於他是個軟投派的 投手,平均速度只有87mph的直球遠遠低於聯盟,所以能倚靠的僅僅只有巧妙的配球。 好壞球比也不漂亮…好吧,如果能多投點三振,多一點滾地球或許能嚇你一跳也不一定。 有Price在輪值,Andy充其量是個4、5號先發,不過隊上有個四壞率低又能吃200IP的 先發也不壞。今季他只有26歲,ya He still has time. : : #5-David Price: 14IP, 5.8H/9, 7.7K/9, 3.0K:BB, 2.6BB/9, 0.6HR/9, 0.929WHIP, : 230ERA+ : : Here comes the ringer! Before we get ga-ga over those numbers, remember that : Price's BABIP in those 14IP was a ridiculous .225. Price works off a : fastball-slider-changeup arsenal although he barely used his change in the : majors last season. He pumps his fastball at 94-95mph as a lefty and in : reality it might only be a matter of time before he is the #1 starter, : relegating Scott Kazmir to #2 status. It's a good problem to have if you are : Tampa Bay. There really isn't a knock on Price at this point. He's a good kid : from Vanderbilt with tremendous makeup. He blew through the SEC and he blew : through the minor leagues on his way to Tampa Bay. He's a 6-6 lefty who : throws in the mid-90s with great control of all his pitches. Price even : pitched in the ALCS and World Series where he did a great job. He had a rough : spot in Game 2 of the World Series but the Rays were up 4-0 in that game and : the 2 runs Price gave up were inconsequential. In postseason play he allowed : just 2 hits and struckout 8 batters in 5.7IP! The only real knock for this : guy is going to be his durability and health. He only threw about 130IP last : season and 110 of those were in the minor leagues. Expecting 30+ starts from : him and 180-200IP might be too much too soon for the guy. : 數據很不錯,不過既是小樣本(14IP)又是超低的babip(.225),所以看看就好。他投三 種球種: fastball-slider-changeup,但control不好的changeup在mlb幾乎沒用到。 左 投有94-95mph的fastball(按:先發時是90-94)代表假如時日注定會把Kaz擠到#2的位置 ,但對真正的光芒迷來說將是快樂的煩惱。 身高6-6左投加上精準的mid-90s fastball,這個Vanderbilt來的天才小子沒甚麼真正的 問題,在大學、小聯盟甚至WS都有不錯的表現。唯一缺點是他的健康和耐力都需要注意 : 去年包括在小聯盟投的110IP總共只投了130IP(按:他07年沒趕上球季,所以在職棒就只有 這一年 ),假如今年就期望看到他30+先發和180-200IP也許是太過夢想了。 : : SP-Jason Hammel: 78.3IP, 9.5H/9, 5.1K/9, 1.3K:BB, 4.0BB/9, 1.3HR/9, : 1.506WHIP, 97ERA+ : SP-Jeff Niemann: 16IP, 10.1H/9, 7.9K/9, 1.8K:BB, 4.5BB/9, 1.7HR/9, 1.625WHIP, : 88ERA+ : : : OVERALL IMPRESSION OF THE RAYS ROTATION? : : It's simply another dominating starting rotation in the AL East. The one : thing that bothers me just a bit is that the Rays really don't have a #1 : starter. Kazmir is certainly a #1 starter in "stuff", but his durability is : always going to be a factor it seems. If he can go 200+IP then this argument : becomes a non-issue but if there is a knock on this rotation, it's that they : don't have a real stopper at the top. They have some candidates in Kazmir, : Price and even Garza; all have the goods to be a #1, but I think Garza & : Price are still a bit too young and Kazmir dealt with injury problems yet : again. 就很棒的先發輪值~ 唯一缺憾是缺少了一個真正的#1 starter, Kaz有#1的stuff但缺少 #1 的吃局數能力。除非Kaz今年能吃200+IP證明並不是那回事,否則光芒少了一張王牌始 終是事實。Kaz、Price甚至Garza都有能力做#1,但可惜前一個有傷而後兩個又有點太年 輕了。 : : Best case is that this rotation dominates because it simply has too much : talent not too. Worst case is that Kazmir has injury issues and Price goes : about 120IP. That would be tough because you'd have a lot of the : responsibilities thrust upon Shields, Sonnanstine and Garza with a couple of : fill ins. I'm not sure Hammel & Niemann are going to be great and Wade Davis : and Jake McGee probably aren't ready just yet. 明年的Best case是先發們實實在在地宰制美東;而worst case是Kaz受傷痛影響而Price 只吃了大約120IP,那樣的話會為剩下的Shields、Andy、Garza和替補帶來很大的壓力。 後備的Hammel和Niemann會投成怎樣還不確定,而 Wade Davis和Jake McGee看起來則是還 未準備好。 : Another factor to consider is : how much better the rest of the AL East got in relation to Tampa Bay. The : Yankees got CC Sabathia & AJ Burnett and also get a healthy Chien-Ming Wang : back in 2009 with Joba Chamberlain at least starting the season healthy. : Those are 4 starters the Rays didn't have to compete with last season. The : Red Sox signed Brad Penny & John Smoltz while also having Clay Buchholz & : Michael Bowden waiting to make an impact. Those are 4 pitchers Tampa didn't : face last season either. : : Don't get me wrong. This is a great rotation to have, but there are some : questions marks that should possibly be concerning for the Rays down the : road. If this was any other division in baseball, it wouldn't really matter, : but because Tampa plays in the same division as the Yankees & Red Sox, it : changes things dramatically when trying to stay and keep being competitive. : 另一個因素的是美東其他勁旅,洋基季後簽下的CC & AJ Burnett 還有健康的Wang + Joba,紅襪方面的Penny & Smoltz加上八扣子和Michael Bowden, 全部是都是小魚昨年沒有對上的投手。光芒的輪值的確是很好,和其他分區比較也是 首屈一指,可是當身在美東軍火庫, 即使一點點小問題都可能會造成很大影響。 : : 2009 RAYS BULLPEN : : CL-Troy Percival: 45.7IP, 5.7H/9, 7.5K/9, 1.4K:BB, 5.3BB/9, 1.8HR/9, : 1.226WHIP, 98ERA+ : RP-Dan Wheeler: 66.3IP, 6.0H/9, 7.2K/9, 2.4K:BB, 3.0BB/9, 1.4HR/9, 0.995WHIP, : 142ERA+ : LP-J.P. Howell: 89.3IP, 6.2H/9, 9.3K/9, 2.4K:BB, 3.9BB/9, 0.6HR/9, 1.131WHIP, : 200ERA+ : RP-Grant Balfour: 58.3IP, 4.3H/9, 12.7K/9, 3.4K:BB, 3.7BB/9, 0.5HR/9, : 0.891WHIP, 288ERA+ : RP-Chad Bradford: 59.3IP, 9.0H/9, 2.6K/9, 1.1K:BB, 2.3BB/9, 0.5HR/9, : 1.247WHIP, 212ERA+ : RP-Joe Nelson: 54IP, 7.0H/9, 10.0K/9, 2.7K:BB, 3.7BB/9, 0.8HR/9, 1.185WHIP, : 213ERA+ : RP-Juan Salas: 6.3IP, 7.1H/9, 11.4K/9, 2.0K:BB, 5.7BB/9, 0.0HR/9, 1.421WHIP, : 63ERA+ : RP-Lance Cormier: 71.7IP, 9.8H/9, 5.8K/9, 1.4K:BB, 4.3BB/9, 0.5HR/9, : 1.563WHIP, 113ERA+ : LP-Brian Shouse: 51.3IP, 8.1H/9, 5.8K/9, 2.4K:BB, 2.5BB/9, 0.9HR/9, : 1.169WHIP, 153ERA+ : : According to The Hardball Times's WPA (Wins Probability Added), the Rays had : the best bullpen in the majors last season. They bring back the same pen : although they've added guys like Joe Nelson, Lance Cormier and Brian Shouse : to the mix. All are good pick-ups but it creates a log jam in the pen. The : closer, Troy Percival, is the worst reliever on the team! How can a guy who : gives up 2 bombs per 9IP and walks 5 per 9IP hold down a closer's job? It : would seem putting in Percival is pouring gas on an already raging fire! 根據TBT的WPA,去年小魚有著全聯盟最好的牛棚。新一季除了去年的原班人馬外,還簽下 了Joe Nelson、Lance Cormier、Brian Shouse,令本來已經一流的牛棚更爆炸了 (按:能 用的已經有13人了)。本來的Closer Troy Percival看成績反而是最糟糕的後援 囧 找一個每9局5BB 2HR的投手頂closer似乎不是很明智的決定。 : : When you think about the pen, you know that Howell, Bradford, Balfour, : Wheeler and Nelson are automatic. That leaves only 2 spots. One is going to : Percival when he's healthy because he's the closer leaving only one which I'm : guessing goes to Shouse because he's left handed and JP Howell owns both : righties and lefties. That leaves both Salas and Cormier out in the cold but : it also doesn't allow room for a guy like Jason Hammel or Jeff Niemann to be : a long man out of the pen in preparation for spot starts when the Rays will : need them. 在開季的25人名單, 沒人質疑Howell, Bradford, Balfour, Wheeler, Nelson 5人將會是我們主力的RP群, Closer Percy有機會留下,牛棚最後一個位子可能會給左投Shouse; 這代表沒進的人有 Salas、Cormier,也沒有機會讓能替補先發的Hammel和Niemann準備。 (按: 兩位替補先發都out of options了,能過waivers的機會看起來不大) : : Even so this is a NASTY pen. Howell & Balfour and downright FILTHY. Wheeler & : Nelson are very solid if not as brutal on opposing hitters as Balfour & : Howell. That leaves Chad Bradford who is effective in his own right along : with LOOGY Brian Shouse. The closer's spot is Percival's but in all reality : the big guy is going to be on the DL a bit so the closer's role probably : falls to Dan Wheeler in that instance. Wheeler had 13 saves last season in : Percival's absence. 儘管如此這仍然是一個超強力的牛棚。有超強力的Howell 和 Balfour,還有相當有實力 的Wheeler和Nelson,一人左Shouse和潛水艇Bradford,Closer暫時仍然是容易受傷的 Percy,進DL後大概會交給Wheeler關門。 : : This is a great bullpen. The log jam creates quite a bit of depth with : Cormier, Salas and Hammel ready to step in when needed. Still, I don't see : how this pen doesn't shorten games to at least 6IP or even possibly 5IP to be : honest. There isn't a weak link except for Percival and if the game is on the : line I don't mind putting anyone in there except for maybe Shouse becasue if : the game is on the line with a lefty up, I'd rather have JP Howell facing : them down than Shouse. That's 6 pitchers you can put into high leverage : situations at any time. Good grief that's awesome! : 牛棚爆炸令深度大增,想憑這群RP在6局甚至5局就凍結比賽也不是不可能。除了Percy有 點抖,每一位投手都能獨當一面,關鍵的時候隨便推哪個出來也沒所謂。except for Shouse, 即使接下來全都是左打,我覺得讓J.P. Howell上也比Shouse安心。有6個強 力後援在,沒在怕啦 : : : OVERALL PROJECTION FOR THE 2009 RAYS : : The AL East is simply going to be a blood bath. I can't believe I'm saying : this but I'm predicting that the Rays will finish in 3rd place in the AL East : for 2009. That they'll win 90-games in my opinion is a no-brainer. Hell, if : they won 93-94 games it still might only be good enough for 3rd place in the : East. I think the Rays will score runs and I think they'll do a great job at : preventing runs, but so goes for the Yankees & Red Sox too. One thing that : really helped Tampa along in 2008 was New York being horribly down and the : Red Sox running into some bad luck without having Josh Beckett healthy for : almost the entire season. At this point both New York & Boston look ready to : go and Tampa won't have that ace up their sleeve in 2009. They'll be an : excellent baseball team and in reality right now they probably are one of the : top-5 teams in the majors, but the problem is that 2 other teams in that : top-5 play in the same division as Tampa Bay! Third place! Wow. 美東戰區會有一番血戰是肯定的了,說出來或許會被打,不過大概Rays會拿90勝以上而最 後名列第三吧,老實說在美東拿93-94可能也只能第三。Rays在得分和防守會表現很好, 不過洋基紅襪也不是蓋的。08年小魚傳奇是靠著天時地利人和,09年要應付兩隊的完整陣 容,又少了一個王牌壓場,長成的小魚明年大概會是聯盟Top 5 teams的其中一隊吧, 只是………………… immortalqq :全MLB前五強有前三強在美東 囧 Third place! Wow. -- 終於翻譯完了,累死我了 (/‵Д′)/~ ╧╧ 到後面一整個亂翻 囧 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 137.189.99.122
immortalqq :用心推 我原本回到家還要翻的 感謝接力 02/05 22:09
※ 編輯: catsondbs 來自: 137.189.99.122 (02/05 22:13)
IVIVI :感謝翻譯!不過如果照作者說的美東前三都有90勝 那其 02/05 22:46
IVIVI :它隊還打什麼 況且又都分屬同區互相對上的機會較多 02/05 22:47
IVIVI :實在不太可能出現三家通吃的情況! 02/05 22:47
OoyaoO :美東就算前三都90+勝還是只有兩隊可以進季後阿 這很 02/05 23:46
OoyaoO :殘酷 進季後就不一定了 NL季後門票戰績最差的躲人都 02/05 23:47
OoyaoO :可以把最好的Cubs給三戰清盤了 02/05 23:47