看板 Rays 關於我們 聯絡資訊
官網上的球迷來信 回答的是Bill Chastain Why did the Rays sign Jason Isringhausen? He's past his prime and they have plenty of depth in the bullpen. -- Mark J., St. Petersburg, Fla. I think signing Isringhausen was a solid move. For starters, the veteran has what it takes between his ears to pitch in the late innings -- just look at his 293 career saves. In addition, adding to the competitive environment at camp is a positive step, and one never knows when a wave of injuries could hit a staff. Finally, by signing him to a Minor League deal, the Rays are risking very little and could have a high return. I read your article about David Price and I don't understand why the Rays don't just give him a spot in the rotation. He's one of the best pitchers in the organization, so he should be in the rotation, period. How quickly they forget what he did in the playoffs. If they are serious about repeating as American League champions, he needs to be on the team. -- Bill H., Clearwater, Fla. You won't get an argument from me in regard to Price's talents. He seems to have it all, complete with a good head on his shoulders. The problem comes when you consider the business of baseball and the situations of Jason Hammel and Jeff Niemann, who are each out of options. These are two talented players the Rays would like to keep, and they don't like the idea of having another team grabbing them if they have to designate them for assignment. I think it would be a wise move for Tampa Bay to use Hammel or Niemann as the fifth starter to begin the season and the other in the bullpen. After a month or so, it's likely something would shake out and the Rays would be able to trade Hammel or Niemann, or an injury would happen, which would help sort things out. Remember, the Rays were fortunate in 2008 not to have many dings in their starting staff. That doesn't happen too often. If Price does make the team out of Spring Training, it would show a true focus on the Rays' desire to win. Because business-wise -- given the time and money they have invested in Niemann and Hammel -- it doesn't make that much sense. With all the additions the Red Sox and Yankees have made during the offseason, do you think the Rays have a legitimate chance to repeat as AL champions? -- Brook C., Tampa, Fla. I do think the Rays have a legitimate chance to repeat. For starters, they broke through a major mental barrier in 2008 by having the first winning season in franchise history and reaching the World Series. Next, they will continue to be the most athletic team on the field every game they play. And nobody, save for catcher Dioner Navarro, really had a career year in 2008. Finally, the team seems to have improved on paper with the solid additions it made during the offseason. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 137.189.99.122