看板 SFFamily 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Basically, there are two types of tower rushes: The Sudden Headache Tower Rush: This is where you run directly into the enemy base with three of your starting peons. One of the others goes for a mill, and the other goes for gold. I'm not going to go into the whole build order, but, if done correctly, you should be able to build 3 towers as soon as you arrive in his base. This is very hard to pull off on 4-6 player maps, and is best done on "Plunder Island" so you know exactly where he is. The Encroaching Suprise: Basically, you send one peon to his base (if you are scouting, send out a second peon counterclockwise when the first reaches the first possible base. (that is unless the first one turns out to be the right one) The build order is basically, mill, altar, burrow (all at the same time), and one guy goes for gold. You really need to get the seer out quick for this. (his wolves are invaluable in hurting his cash flow and distracting him from the towers). When you find his base, start building towers outside of what he can see. You gradually send more and more peons over until you have at least 3 or 4 there. Some people go so far as to build a barracks there as well and build grunts right in his base. Gradually build your towers closer and closer till you completely wipe him out. The best way to counter this is like testicular cancer. Early detection is the best protection. As soon as you get your hero out, always check around your base for towers. Also, if you see a peon in your base early on, (walk in and walk out) it is a sure sign of a tower rush. Now, how do you counter it: I've broken this down by race. Keep in mind that my test char wins over 90% of his battles using the tower rush. Playing with my normal char, I'm at 61%. So, it's not easy to counter it, but if you stay cool and do it right, you will win. After a tower rush, the enemy is so tapped for resources that you can easily kill him from there. Night Elves: Sudden Headache: This is very hard to counter as the NE. You can always hope the guy doing the rush is a newbie, but you can hope that about anything. Your best bet is to put a thumbs down on plunder island. As long as you aren't playing this one, you'll have more time to prepare. As soon as you have your hero out, this won't work for him anymore. If he found you right away, you'll probably get your hero out just as the three of his towers are 70% completed. You should be able stop one of them. Then make sure to kill the peons. Uproot your two ancients (you should have an ancient of war and the tree of life), and crush them with these. Keep your hero on his peons (to stop them from repairing or building more). Encroaching Suprise: The good news is, the NE are the best at countering this. Let's assume that you didn't notice the encroachment until it was too late, and he has towers established. You should have a hunter's hall by now (everyone gets this out as quick as possible to make huntresses). All you have to do is build a couple of Ancient Protectors far enough back in your base so he doesn't notice/has a hard time attacking them. Uproot them and walk within range of the towers. Root back down and pummel the towers. Protectors do seige damage, while the towers do piercing damage. This means that the towers won't last long. Keep walking your trees in and take out all his towers. Don't waste your huntresses and hero on the towers. You'll need them to protect your protectors. Orcs: Sudden Headache: Very easy to counter as the orcs. Just put 4 peons in the burrow you should have by then. The one danger is that usually people build the first burrow right next to the mine. If he builds the towers outside of that range, you are toast. You're best bet is to always build your first burrow on the outside of your town hall. Towers have a little more range, but if he'll have to plant his towers so far out that it becomes an Encroaching suprise. See below: Encroaching Suprise: This is the second easiest race for countering this strategy. The first thing to do is build a tower of your own on the edge of your base. If he's any good, he'll be doing everything he can to stop this. Don't waste your troops on his towers, keep them at home fending the enemy off. If you build two at the same time, you'll probably be able to get one up. This is all you really need for now, just keep your troops near it and don't let him take out that tower. You also need to very quickly upgrade to a stronghold. As soon as you have a stronghold, you should be able to make catapults. Make some catapults, and take out his towers. The most important thing here is to be sure you have catapults before he does. If he comes back at you with catapults while he still has his towers up, you're toast. Also, make sure you have a couple of peons and your whole army watching your catapult(s) while you take out his towers. Because of the cost of doing a tower rush, you should have no problem getting catapults before him, but you have to hurry. Humans: Sudden Headache: This is the easiest to counter as the humans. Just go militia with all your peasants and take out the towers and peons right after he starts building them. Encroaching Suprise: Humans are the second hardest race to counter with. As soon as you notice that he's doing a tower rush (we're assuming that you caught it too late again, and he has at least 2 established), start pumping out footmen and research defend. If you picked the Archmage, bring out an elemental and use it to attack his peons (hopefully slow down the tower building). As soon as you get about 8-10 footmen, turn on defend and charge in. With defend on, you take very little damage from the towers. Don't try to get the workshop out and get mortar teams. He'll have catapults long before you do if he's any good. Try your best to micro the footmen and hope you win. The whole time, also be making footmen and having them join the fray right away. This'll set the odds a little bit in your favor. Focus on one tower at a time. If he has a peon or two repairing it, have one footman or your water elemental chase it around (don't send all the footmen after it, this is a stall tactic). After you decimate his towers, go after his base ;) Undead: Sudden Headache: He would have to be brain damaged to try this on the Undead. Your ghoul should be able to keep them busy until your hero and more ghouls come out. Encroaching Suprise: If you don't catch it, this is nearly impossible to stop as the undead. In fact, no Undead player has ever countered my tower rush, and I have taken on players much better than me (level 12 and 13). You have two options, and none of them are any good. Keep in mind that the orc tower range is about one greater than the spirit towers. So he can encroach your towers as well, but they will slow him down. 1. Counter right away. Just build a bunch of ghouls and attack his base. He'll probably be pretty vulnerable. Your spirit towers and halls of the dead (if you have it by then) should slow him down enough to make this workable. Hit the peons near his mine first. This is to keep them from running into burrows, and keep them from mining gold for more towers. Take out his mill next. If you get the mill, you've won. 2. Try to get meat wagons out. You are basically hoping he's not smart enough to get his own catapults out. Get the halls of the dead, and the slaughterhouse. If he's just trying to encroach with the towers, this might work because it takes a while to slowly eat away at your base. Anyway, good luck! I personally don't like rush strats. I think they hurt the overall playability of the game. It's one thing to get beat down by a glorious army from a really burly player. It's another thing entirely to have a tower in your base hitting your crypt. With any luck, we can all get so good at countering it that no-one will try to use it anymore. --OdeRainwalker -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.201.208.96