看板 TFSHS61st321 關於我們 聯絡資訊
The conclusion of this letter is that an extensive computer-based long-distance learning program will bring more reputation of Xanadu. I find it questionable on several points. First, the letter mentions that this program would allow more students to enroll in their courses and increase their income. However, there wasn't any study to demonstrate this. Perhaps students perfer atending classes in classrooms and watching their teachers. This makes them more concentrative. Thus, the amounts of students may not increase. Second, the letter says that two of the traditional courses for distance learing trial showed good adaption. But, just two trial of them cannot be convincing enough. It is possible that there might be some difficulty occurr while large amounts of long-distance learning program are on the air at the same time. One of the important element is the bandwidth of the internet. Is it wide enough to effort huge usage? Furthermore, the letter says that faculty will have fewer classroom obligations and have more time to engage in entensive research. Although students may not meet their teachers, they can save their time of consolving students' problem. However, is it good to students that there are lots of problem not consovling. The quality of teaching consquently drops off. Moreover, the letter mentions that more entensive research will bring more reputaion of Xanadu. I doubt if reputation is only related to research. I think reputaion is not only depending on the achievement of study, but also on quality of teaching, ability of teachers and behavior of students. On the base of reasons above, the conclusion of this letter is not very persausive. Long-distance learning program might be a expectable tendency, but it still needs more successful experiment to prove it. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 123.192.178.187
Minneapolis:287 words, 勉強可以... 08/15 15:48