看板 TOEIC 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《lacus00925 (lacus)》之銘言: : 書名:TARGET TOEIC : 頁數:p.111 第139題 : 題目:I ____ Arnold the job, but I hear he can be a little arrogant. : (A) should given : (B) would have given : (C) would gave : (D) has given : 疑問:我選D,答案是B,其實我不太懂這句的意思... : 頁數:p.157 第143題 : 題目:To ____ this competition, simply call 1-800-655-7667. : (A) join : (B) enter : (C) take : (D) part in : 疑問:我選A,答案是B : 希望版上有人能幫我解答 : 謝謝~!! {1} 情態助動詞的定義很多,常因上下文不同有解釋上的彈性。這裡做粗淺的解讀,細部就需 要你再去花時間研究了。你可以先從 "would" 定義去了解。 "would" 有「未發生」「不 可能存在」 [1] 的涵義。 "should" 除了常見的 「責任上應該」,可表示 「高度期待」 [2],還有 「期待落空」[3] 等。至於"has given"除了與"I"動詞不一致外,就算改成 "have given"也有問題。"I have given"有隱含: 「動詞發生,且影響力尚在」。以這句看 來,似乎說不通,因為 "can" 在這句中表達出 「通常行為模式」[4],說話者聽說 "Arnold"有自大的傾向,打消了原本要給她工作的意圖。 [1] would: used when talking about something that did not happen, or a situation that cannot exist: I would have phoned you, but there wasn't time. (過去有意願,結果沒實行) (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English) [2] should: used to say that you expect something is true or will happen: We should arrive before dark. (目前期待接下來會發生) I should have finished the book by Friday. (目前期待星期五前會發生) (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary) [3] should: used to say that something that was expected has not happened: It should be snowing now, according to the weather forecast. (過去對現在的期待,結果落空) The bus should have arrived ten minutes ago. (過去的期待,結果落空) (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary) [4] can: used to describe the way a person sometimes behaves: She can be very rude at times. [=she is sometimes very rude] (Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary) {2} 這題可從搭配字下手。 表「參加」"competition" 常用搭配為 "enter" [5] [6] "take part in" [7] [8][5] When you enter a competition we will use your personal information to contact you if you win. (BBC) [6] Should I let my daughter enter a modelling competition? (Independent) [7] Winners cannot The names of twenty-four mounted policemen who have shown special devotion to their horses, and who will take part in a competition to be held on Dec. 16, under the auspices of the New York Woman's League for Animals, were submitted yesterday to Police Commissioner Waldo. (NY Times) [8] During each month, five customers will be selected, at random, to take part in a competition to win travel vouchers worth €1,000 and €500 and Marks and Spencer vouchers worth €300, €200 and €100. (Independent) 希望以上對你有幫助 : -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.116.173.130
ntust661 :推好文!y 07/17 23:37
lacus00925 :好詳細!謝謝~! 07/18 08:53