看板 Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
剛在月初度過43歲生日的前球王Muster, 確定拿到下週維也納男網賽的外卡。 他將會是近十年來首位年逾40歲仍參加ATP巡迴賽級正賽的球員。 之前一位超過40歲參加ATP巡迴賽級的球員是Jimmy Connors。 他今年從六月底起已參加了六項挑戰賽,全都是在他強項紅土, 但復出至今只曾取得一勝,現今排名第982位。 Muster To Make ATP World Tour Return In Vienna Former World No. 1 Thomas Muster will make his return to the ATP World Tour for the first time in more than a decade as a wild card at next week's Bank Austria TennisTrophy in Vienna. Muster, who celebrated his 43rd birthday earlier this month, will be the first player aged 40 and over to compete in a tour-level main draw since a 43-year-old Jimmy Connors played in Atlanta in 1996. Connors won his last ATP World Tour match in June 1995 at Halle. "I'm looking forward to it enormously," Muster told Austria's Krone. "I want to inspire the crowd with my fitness and fighting spirit. I'm fighting like in the good old times and I will give everything in front of the fans in Vienna." Muster made his last tour-level appearance in June 1999 at Roland Garros – the site of his lone Grand Slam triumph in 1995 – and bowed out to Nicolas Lapentti in the first round. His last match win on the ATP World Tour came against Thomas Johansson two months earlier at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters. The Leibnitz-native has contested the Bank Austria TennisTrophy on 13 occasions and reached the final three times (1998, 1993, 1995). He made his debut at the ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tournament in October 1984 as a 17 year old ranked No. 381 in world, and made a second-round exit on his last appearance 12 years ago (l. to Rusedski). Muster, a winner of 44 tour-level titles, returned to professional tennis earlier this year, compiling a 1-6 record at ATP Challenger Tour events. He re-entered the South African Airways ATP Rankings for the first time since May 2000 after defeating Borut Puc in the first round of the Ljubljana Challenger in September. Muster has played on the ATP Champions Tour since 2003, and also captained the Austrian Davis Cup team from 2004-06. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 182.93.16.186