看板 WashingtonDC 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Groundhog Day: Six more weeks of winter David Wylie, Canwest News Service Published: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 Thousands of people gathered Tuesday to watch as Punxsutawney Phil emerged to make his yearly Groundhog Day prediction in Punxsutawney, Penn. "As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me, six more weeks of winter it will be," announced his handlers, dampening the hopes of an early spring. Canada's most famous groundhog, Wiarton Willie, was also spooked by his shadow Tuesday morning. And Nova Scotia's Shubenacadie Sam also concurred. Sam, who calls Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park home, was the first of the furry forecasters Tuesday to weigh in on the weather. Six more weeks of winter is great news for snow-starved Vancouver Olympic organizers who have been crossing their fingers for snow, but the rest of Canada may not be as pleased with Sam's prediction. Environment Canada's forecasters seem to backup the groundhogs' consensus, predicting colder than normal temperatures in the east, but warmer temperatures in the west. Alberta's Balzac Billy's prediction is expected later. Legend has it that if a groundhog emerging on Groundhog Day does not see its shadow, it will leave the burrow - a symbol that winter will soon end. However, if the groundhog sees its shadow, it will retreat into its burrow, meaning winter will continue for six more weeks. The holiday began in the 18th and 19th centuries, has its origins in ancient European weather lore. In 2009, the three groundhogs also agreed winter would stretch six more weeks. In 2008, however, the animals were splintered over whether the weather would warm or stay chilly. http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=2512533 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 70.179.85.193
OscarJeff:不是六個多禮拜嗎?@@ 02/02 23:31
gerkk:一樣啊 不知道爲什麼想打六週多的時候有點彆扭.用月習慣多 02/02 23:49
aishidelu:O大應該是說 6個禮拜只有1個半月吧.. 02/03 01:26
昏倒~~~~~ 我的數學怎麼變這麼爛 ※ 編輯: gerkk 來自: 70.179.85.193 (02/03 02:51)
OscarJeff:板大的曆法跟我們比較不一樣 一個月只有三週(誤) 02/03 07:34
gerkk:阿 超丟臉的 (土撥鼠老大樹洞借我躲一下) 02/03 08:50
luckyho:哈~板大這個好笑喔! 02/03 10:23
OscarJeff:土撥鼠好像是挖地洞不是樹洞的樣子...@@ 02/03 11:42
gerkk:我也不知道,中文稿寫樹洞,不過burrow應該是地洞 02/03 11:54