精華區beta Braves 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 NY-Yankees 看板] 作者: Herlin (as you like it) 看板: NY-Yankees 標題: Re: Warren Spahn and Casey Stengel 時間: Wed Nov 26 14:51:53 2003 其實類似標題還可以來個Warren Spahn and Willie Mays :P 1951 年初 還是個青澀二十歲小子的Mays 在Minneapolis (?) 開季第一個月打了.477 使得春訓就對Mays 驚為天人的Leo Durocher 總算有機會把他要上來 傳說中兩人的對話: Willie: Skip, I dont think I'm ready yet....I'm still not good enough Leo: How much did you hit down there? Willie: Four-hundred and seventy seven I think Leo: Fine. Now listen kid. Just got that god-damn two hundred fifty for me and you'll be alright. You are my centerfielder no matter what. 可是上來之後Mays 連續三場十三個打數全部槓龜 Mays 的信心越來越動搖 甚至希望Durocher 把他送回去 (Durocher 當然不可能鳥他) 回到Polo Grounds 第一場比賽又碰上成名以久的Warren Spahn 結果Mays 第一個打席打了Spahn 一隻飛出Polo Grounds 的大號全壘打 生涯第一隻安打, 第一支全壘打 And there would be another 3282 and 659 that will follow 事後Spahn 的感想: 1. (Right after the game) You know, a weakness of a young player just spreads like wildfire. The words about Willie is that low-and-away will kill him So I made a perfect pitch to that kid...for the first 60 feet. 2. (many years later, jokingly) If I could strike out Willie at that time, I'll save a horse shit lot of trouble for all National League pitchers for the next 20 years. What a pity.... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.7.249 ※ 編輯: Herlin 來自: 140.113.7.249 (11/26 14:57)
fricsay:不介意的話我就通通轉了喔 :p 推 61.220.175.35 11/26
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.220.175.35