精華區beta CMWang 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2045145 NEW YORK -- Jaret Wright was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with yet another shoulder injury, and the New York Yankees right-hander will miss at least four to six weeks. Wright walked off the mound with one out in the sixth inning of a 10-2 loss to the Texas Rangers on Saturday because of pain in his right shoulder. This is the eighth time he has been on the disabled list in a nine-year career and the sixth time because of a problem with the shoulder -- including season- ending surgery in 2000 and 2001. Tests on Sunday showed torn scar tissue in Wright's shoulder, and he was relieved by that. "There wasn't a whole lot of sleep with everything going through your mind what it could be," Wright said. "I think tearing scar tissue is better than anything else." Wright will have a cortisone shot in four or five days, once the swelling goes down, and then will go to the Yankees' complex in Tampa, Fla., for a rehabilitation assignment. "He will be treated very conservatively," general manager Brian Cashman said. "Four to six weeks is the earliest timetable for him to get back." Cashman said Chien-Ming Wang will be called up from Triple-A Columbus this week to take Wright's spot in the rotation -- Saturday against Toronto. The Yankees recalled right-handed reliever Colter Bean from Columbus on Sunday as a temporary replacement. "He's not going to knock your eyes out with the stuff he has, but he throws a lot of strikes," manager Joe Torre said. Torre said Wright felt tightness in the shoulder during his pregame warmups but didn't tell anyone. "When you have somebody with this kid's courage, tightness might be somebody else's pain," he said. Torre said he wished he knew Wright's personality better because he might have noticed that something was wrong before Wright bent down in pain on the mound. When Wright came back to the dugout in the fourth inning, Torre grabbed Wright's left arm and tried to give him some encouragement. But Wright kept his head down and walked up the tunnel to the clubhouse. "You're not angry. I just feel bad for him. I wish I could've picked up some signs," Torre said. "He reached 94 [mph], his highest all year." Even though Wright went 15-8 in 32 starts for Atlanta last season, the Yankees insisted on a deal that would protect their $21 million, three-year investment. Wright's contract provides for $7 million each season. But if he goes on the DL because of a shoulder injury for a combined 75 days or more in the first two years, the Yankees can opt out of the deal for 2007 and pay a $4 million buyout. In four starts, Wright was 2-2 with a 9.15 ERA. He struck out 13 and walked nine in his four starts. Bean struck out 14 and didn't allow a run in 8 1/3 innings spanning seven appearances for Columbus. "I'm throwing strikes, they're catching the ball. That's all I know how to do, " said Bean, who took a 6 a.m. flight from Louisville and got lost on his way to Yankee Stadium. "Now I have to try to stay here." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 211.74.64.55
lolribbit:Saturday awesome XD 24.82.165.157 04/25
adiho:太帥了><...終於有機會了 218.175.219.20 04/25
kukockuo:wright bye bye, 不要回來了 202.39.224.96 04/25