精華區beta CMWang 關於我們 聯絡資訊
The Yankees Look to the Past and Their Farm System for a Turnaround By TYLER KEPNER Published: April 26, 2005 Chien Ming Wang will join the Yankees on Saturday to start in Wright's place, and Cashman said he hoped Wang would remain until Wright comes back. Andy Phillips has already made an impression filling in for Sierra, with a homer, a double and four runs batted in Sunday. "Wang is an average major league prospect with a ceiling, a good sinker-slider guy who throws strikes. I think Phillips could start on a second-division club. But the tough thing with the Yankees is there's such a small window of opportunity for a guy to prove himself." When Wright went down on Saturday, the Yankees had three starters at Class AAA Columbus with major league experience - Graman, Pete Munro and Aaron Small. But they asked for Wang, 25, who had a strong spring training and was 2-0 with a 4.15 earned run average in four starts. "He's been throwing the ball well," Gil Patterson, the Columbus pitching coach, said yesterday. "He's not afraid of contact. He's aggressive in the strike zone. I'm looking for and really expecting him to be no different for the Yankees. I'm very confident he'll be the same guy." Wang has handled pressure before; pitching for Taiwan at the Olympics last August, he beat Australia, the eventual silver medalist. Wang was the Yankees' minor league pitcher of the year last season, and Phillips was their player of the year. He batted .318 for Columbus with 26 homers and 85 R.B.I., won the International League All-Star Game with a game-ending home run and hit a homer in his first major league at-bat last September. -- 三重人在哪?! 生活娛樂館 生活, 娛樂, 心情 [claus] TaiwanPlaza 台灣 Σ台灣遊園地 → 台灣各地討論/旅? BigSanchung 北縣 ◎"三"顧茅"蘆"--臥龍版!! way1010/Parar -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 68.40.78.21