精華區beta CMWang 關於我們 聯絡資訊
如題 還有一張好帥的照片 v( ̄︶ ̄)> NEW YORK -- Chien-Ming Wang learned that he would start for the Yankees this Saturday when his manager at Triple-A Columbus, Bucky Dent, pulled him aside on Tuesday to deliver the news that he was headed for the Bronx. Wang, a 25-year-old right-hander from Taiwan, couldn't believe the news. "I was so excited," Wang said through an interpreter. "I couldn't fall asleep last night until 4 in the morning." The lack of sleep didn't seem to bother him on Wednesday, as he arrived at Yankee Stadium for his first day in the Majors, settling in to his locker, where his No. 40 jersey was waiting for him. Wang will take the ball on Saturday against the Blue Jays, stepping into the rotation for Jaret Wright, who will miss four to six weeks with a shoulder injury. "We wanted to bring him ahead of time to give him a chance to settle in and say his hellos," said manager Joe Torre. "When he pitches Saturday, hopefully getting to the ballpark won't be an issue for him." Wang went 3-0 with a 1.00 ERA this spring for New York, then opened with a 2-0 mark and 4.15 ERA in four starts for Columbus this season. "He seems to be unruffled out there," Torre said. "Of course, this is a different situation than Tampa, Fla. He seems to have a great deal of confidence and he knows what he's doing." Wang, who features four pitches in his arsenal, believes that the pressure that comes from playing with the Yankees won't be a factor for him. "I'll try my best not to pressure myself. I don't feel now that it's too much pressure," Wang said. "As soon as I step on the field, that pressure disappears." "With his personality, I think he's going to go out there and compete like he always does," said Andy Phillips, who has played with Wang in the Minors for the past two years. "I think he's going to have a lot of fun out there." A member of the Chinese Olympic baseball team in last summer's Olympics in Athens, Wang has excelled in international competition. He was named the Most Valuable Player for Taiwan in the 2002 Asian Games. "I do feel that my past experiences on the international sports arena help a little," Wang said, "but the audience is different. Everything is different." 所以是星期六對藍鳥應該沒錯:) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.138.30
Eric30:等等 官網寫Saturday是台北時間的Sunday嗎@@? 140.113.138.30 04/28
yiyo:http://0rz.net/3a0km 幫縮網址 140.114.22.204 04/28
maktub:taipei time sunday... 24.184.109.211 04/28
autorad:美國東岸時間現在正好跟台灣整整差十二個小時 24.91.161.23 04/28
autorad:紐約的星期六下午,就是台北的星期天早上 24.91.161.23 04/28
cadream:臺北和美東時間差十三個小時 在夏天的時候 218.166.126.15 04/28
cadream: 因為美國有夏令時間 會再差一個小時 218.166.126.15 04/28
magichour:錯囉!就因為夏令節約,原來差13時現在變12時 203.203.18.155 04/28