精華區beta CMWang 關於我們 聯絡資訊
NEW YORK -- Maybe Joe Borowski needs more work. Maybe he needs to tweak his mechanics. Maybe he simply needs to throw first-pitch strikes. Whatever it is, Borowski can't afford to make mistakes like he did Saturday at Yankee Stadium. Derek Jeter hit his first career grand slam off Borowski and rookie Chien-Ming Wang held the Cubs to five hits over eight innings as the New York Yankees beat Chicago, 8-1, to take a 2-0 lead in the Interleague series. The Cubs had closed to 3-1 on Jason Dubois' leadoff home run in the sixth. That was it, despite a large Cubs-clad contingent in the sellout crowd of 55,284 at Yankee Stadium. Glendon Rusch (5-3) walked Jorge Posada and gave up a single to Bernie Williams to start the Yankees' sixth. Rookie Rich Hill replaced Rusch, and struck out Tino Martinez before walking Robinson Cano to load the bases. Borowski, who entered the game with a 9.00 ERA in five games this month, came in and served up Jeter's blast on a 2-1 pitch. "That's why you have to get ahead," Borowski said. "The whole thing about pitching is to get ahead and then you can do what you want. When you fall behind, you have no choice but to come back over the plate. "Unfortunately, 2-1 count, he's looking for something in a certain spot, and he did what any good hitter should do," Borowski said. The right-hander has been tagged for four home runs in nine innings this season. In 2003, Borowski gave up five homers in 68 1/3 innings. Something's not right. "It seems like if I do make a mistake, I have to pay for it," Borowski said. "I feel fine out there. It just seems like I'm not able to get away with any mistakes that I make. Maybe I have to bear down a little bit extra. "I'll talk to Larry [Rothschild, Cubs pitching coach] and we'll look at the tapes and see if there's something I'm doing that we can correct," he said. Before the game, Cubs manager Dusty Baker said Borowski's inconsistency makes him a little less reliable than in the past. "I thought he was the best guy out there at that time," Baker said. "With his slider and split, hopefully we could get a ground ball. But he got a fastball up in the middle of the plate. Good hitters don't miss those balls. It's two days in a row that we've got balls in the middle of the plate and up." On Friday, Hideki Matsui hit a two-run homer off Will Ohman in the Yankees' 9-6 win. Jeter's slam was his first in 136 career at-bats with the bases loaded, the longest streak by an active player in the Major Leagues. Jeter also hit a leadoff homer in the eighth off Cliff Bartosh, who has struggled himself. Bartosh has given up five home runs in five innings in his last four games. Jeter had 156 home runs before he hit his first slam. "I didn't know it took him that long until they put it on the board," Baker said. "I wish he would've waited another day or two. Another two days, actually. We've given up a lot of firsts." "If I come in and throw strikes off the bat, there's a bunch of different things I can do," Borowski said. "I limited myself to what I could throw in that situation. Good hitters aren't going to miss opportunities like that." The Cubs now are 4-7 against American League teams this year, and still have one more Interleague series remaining against the Chicago White Sox next weekend. Rusch gave up five runs -- four earned -- on nine hits and one walk over five-plus innings. He struck out three. The left-hander now is 0-7 in his career against the Yankees. Baker said he thought Rusch was out of gas, but the lefty said he felt good. "I felt like I battled well and kept us in the game enough," he said. "Unfortunately, I walked the leadoff guy [in the sixth] and gave up a hit and that inning fell apart on us. Other than that, I thought I kept it close." Wang (4-2) struck out five in his longest outing of the season. He certainly fooled the Cubs. "Now that we've seen that guy today, if we were to face him next week we'd have a better idea of how he's going to pitch you, what his pitches are," Cubs second baseman Todd Walker said. "You can see him on tape, but I saw a lot of sinkers to lefties on tape and then I go out there and he's popping everything inside on me. A lot of times that's why I don't like to look at the video." [今天我們我們總算看到這個傢伙,如果我們在下禮拜遇到他,我們對他要怎樣投會比 較有概念,他的投球方式就是,二壘手Todd Walker說,你可以在錄影帶上看見他如何 投球,但是我只再錄影帶上看到他對左打者投出一堆伸卡球,當我站上打擊區的時候 ,他就狂塞了一堆球在我的內角,這就是我為什麼不喜歡看他的錄影帶!] The outcome of the Cubs' games lately has been rather lopsided. They've been outscored 61-44 in the last seven games, including a 14-0 win over Florida, and a 15-5 loss the next day to the Marlins. "You want to put it together at the same time, the pitching and the hitting, and right now we're off one way or the other," Rusch said. "We have to battle back and get something going." "Ultimately, we just have to score runs," Walker said. "If we score runs, we're pretty confident anybody out on the mound will be able to hold them down. The Yankees have been pretty much unstoppable. I put it on the offense to score runs. If we do that, we're going to win." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.183.29
oldTim:推140.113.126.129 06/19
puppyscat:是說他被王陰了嘛?140.122.144.120 06/19
Ariyari:應該是posada陰他吧XD 203.72.83.19 06/19
Zaber:XDDDD 61.224.206.68 06/19
mayfifth:盡信書不如無書吧.... 218.166.196.49 06/19
howard302:難怪Walker一開始悶的要命^^ 140.129.59.120 06/19
daphnewu:XD218.169.218.147 06/19
qaz2004:挖喔 220.228.156.24 06/19
VampiRekitsu:哇哩咧..-_-"..這個好笑~"~ 219.68.90.58 06/19
jhlin1980:posada,wang:陰你又怎樣~~哈哈哈哈~~~ 219.84.10.62 06/19