精華區beta CMWang 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://www.nj.com/yankees/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1120023085107240.xml &coll=1 Wednesday, June 29, 2005 BY ED PRICE Star-Ledger Staff BALTIMORE -- With two starters on the disabled list and no replacement yet discovered for the second, the last thing the Yankees needed last night was to lose Chien-Ming Wang to injury. And it nearly happened on the first pitch of the game. Baltimore's Brian Roberts smoked a liner off Wang's right arm, but fortunately for the Yankees the ball hit muscle and not bone. Wang threw a few warm-up tosses and stayed in to pitch seven effective innings. "It's going to be sore," manager Joe Torre said. "I never dreamed we'd get what we got from him." Said Wang: "It's sore, a little bit." Wang, who said he should be able to make his next start, allowed three runs on seven hits in seven innings. He wasn't involved in the decision when Tom Gordon allowed the tying run in the eighth inning. "He was great," catcher Jorge Posada said. "I had a lot of fun with him tonight. He was hitting his spots all night. A lot of pitches for strikes, and his sinker was good. A lot of ground balls." Before the game, Torre said Wang does not deserve to go back to the minors no matter which veterans get healthy. "At this juncture, I think ... you have to find a place for him to fit," Torre said. "I think he's done enough where he can help us." All three runs off of Wang last night scored on homers. Wang did not allow a home run in his first six major-league outings (37 2/3 innings) but has given up six in his past five starts. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.229.10.204
Legumer:It's sore?? @_@ 219.84.102.35 06/29