精華區beta CMWang 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Yanks May Lose Wang for Rest of the Season By TYLER KEPNER Published: July 15, 2005 網頁連結: http://0rz.net/a40uJ BOSTON, July 14 - The Yankees took a body blow before the first pitch of the second half of the season on Thursday. Chien-Ming Wang, the rookie who has been the Yankees' most consistent starter since his promotion from the minors in April, may be finished for the season because of a shoulder injury. General Manager Brian Cashman would not say if Wang would pitch again this season. Cashman would not reveal the Yankees' diagnosis of Wang's shoulder injury, but a magnetic resonance imaging exam on Monday was discouraging enough for the team to send Wang to Dr. James Andrews, an orthopedic surgeon. Wang will meet with Andrews on Monday in Birmingham, Ala., for a second opinion. Wang, 25, has a history of shoulder trouble; he had surgery to repair a torn labrum in 2001 and missed the whole season. Asked when Wang would return, Manager Joe Torre said: "It'd be strictly a guess. I can't tell you if we're going to get him back in three weeks or next spring. I don't know which one is closer to the truth. It's just sad, for me, because he's been so consistent." Wang threw in the bullpen on Sunday, and the pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre said he detected no problems. But Wang woke up on Monday with shoulder pain, and his agent, Alan Chang, reported the condition to Cashman that day. Wang was in New York on Thursday. "He's just trying to stay positive and hoping the situation will improve," Chang said. Chang was as secretive as Cashman about the specifics of Wang's injury. Asked if the injury was in the same area as the 2001 injury, Chang had no comment. He would also not say if he expected Wang, who is 6-3 with a 3.89 earned run average, to pitch again this season. The Yankees promoted the right-hander Tim Redding from Class AAA Columbus to start in Wang's place on Friday against the Boston Red Sox. The Yankees acquired Redding with Darrell May from San Diego for Paul Quantrill on July 2. For the moment, the Yankees' rotation consists of Mike Mussina, Redding and Randy Johnson. The team does not have a starter for Sunday or Monday. Kevin Brown, who has missed a month because of a strained lower back, is an outside possibility for Monday but is more likely to come back later next week. Brown will throw in the bullpen on Friday in Tampa, Fla., and Cashman said the Yankees would know more then. Two other starters besides Wang are down with shoulder injuries: Carl Pavano and Jaret Wright. Pavano is in Tampa for his rehabilitation, and Cashman said he would not be ready for the Yankees for at least two weeks. Wright, who has not pitched since April 23, continues to recover slowly and will not be back until August, Cashman said. In keeping with the shoulder theme, Redding missed five weeks this season because of a shoulder strain. He won his only start for Columbus, allowing two earned runs in five innings, but he was 0-5 with a 9.10 E.R.A. for the Padres. A 10-game winner for Houston in 2003, Redding was thrilled to be a Yankee. "I'm from Rochester," he said. "I grew up watching half of these coaches in here fighting for the pennant. I could die today a happy man putting the Yankee uniform on for the first time." Redding was lined up to pitch on Friday for Columbus, and his start here will be the first time Stottlemyre will have seen him pitch. Torre said he did not know anything about Redding "other than he has a pretty good arm." Torre and Stottlemyre said Tanyon Sturtze and Darrell May were possibilities to start on Sunday and Monday. But the Yankees prefer Sturtze in the bullpen and were not encouraged by May's first start with the team last Saturday. Cashman said he had been trying to acquire pitching help from outside the organization, and those efforts could intensify with the injury to Wang. The Yankees have told teams they are not desperate to make a deal, but there is obvious urgency to their situation, and they may have to consider trading for Al Leiter, who was designated for assignment by Florida on Thursday. Leiter, 39, was 3-7 with a 6.64 E.R.A. for the Marlins, with 60 walks and 52 strikeouts in 80 innings. The Denver Post also reported that the Yankees had discussed a trade for the Colorado Rockies right-hander Shawn Chacon, who is 1-5 with a 4.30 E.R.A. this season. --------- 紐約時報的消息也出來了,看情形並不是很樂觀。T_T -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.121.209.112
KeeperOf7Key:may的用法啊....所以大概60~70的機會報銷吧 140.123.46.107 07/15
hibernate:我的天阿 ..... 203.70.2.45 07/15
spawn:...............................................140.115.111.207 07/15
lavoting:感覺比小曹還慘...真令人難過... 140.116.214.1 07/15