精華區beta Catholic 關於我們 聯絡資訊
這個天主教徒 因為支持歐巴馬 受到保守的天主教徒的攻擊 還被神父說 不准領聖體 我覺得 他說的還蠻有道理的 大家看看吧 ======= For Ex-G.O.P. Official, Obama Is Candidate of Catholic Values By PETER STEINFELS http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/30/us/30beliefs.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&emc=eta1&pagewanted=print When Douglas W. Kmiec endorsed Senator Barack Obama for president last spring, it made waves, especially among Roman Catholics. 當道格拉斯瓦特kmiec贊同參議員巴拉克奧巴馬總統去年春天 在天主教引起巨浪 A constitutional scholar who headed the Office of Legal Counsel under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George Bush, Mr. Kmiec was well known as an articulate opponent of abortion. He explains his current stance in “Can a Catholic Support Him? Asking the Big Question about Barack Obama,” which will be published in two weeks by Overlook Press. But reached this week in Denver, Mr. Kmiec agreed to give necessarily brief replies to questions sent by e-mail. Q. What is your position on the morality of abortion, and how is it related to your religious faith? 什麼是你的立場上的道德性的墮胎,以及它是如何與您的信仰? A. I fully accept the teaching of the church that participating in an abortion is an intrinsic evil. My acceptance of abortion as a grave, categorical wrong is one part respectful deference to authoritative Catholic teaching and one part reasoned deduction from our scientific knowledge of genetics and the beginning of an individual life. 我完全接受教會的教導 墮胎是一種內在的邪惡。 Q. Would you like to see Roe v. Wade overturned? A. Yes, but not on the terms usually suggested by Republicans. Roe is mistaken constitutional law not just because it invalidated state laws on the subject but because it is contrary to what is described as a self-evident truth in the Declaration of Independence, namely, that we have an unalienable right to life from our creator. It may surprise the general citizenry that not a single sitting justice utilizes the declaration as a source of interpretative guidance. But even employing the jurisprudential methods applied by the modern court, there is no satisfactory showing that abortion as a matter of custom and tradition was properly found to be an implied aspect of the liberties protected by the 14th Amendment. Q. Given those views, why do you support Barack Obama? 為什麼你支持巴拉克奧巴馬? A. There is a widespread misconception that overturning Roe is the only way to be pro-life. In fact, overturning Roe simply returns the matter to the states, which in their individual legislative determinations could then be entirely pro-abortion. I doubt that many of our non-legally-trained pro-life friends fully grasp the limited effect of overturning Roe. Secondly, pundits like to toss about the notion that the future of Roe depends on one vote, the mythical fifth vote to overturn the decision. There are serious problems with this assumption: first, Republicans have failed to achieve reversal in the five previous times they asked the court for it; and second, it is far from certain that only one additional vote is needed to reverse the decision in light of the principles of stare decisis by which a decided case ought not to be disturbed. Only Justices Thomas and Scalia have written and joined dissenting opinions suggesting the appropriateness of overturning Roe. So given those views, the better question is how could a Catholic not support Barack Obama? 因此,鑑於這些意見,更好的問題是如何能天主教不支持巴拉克奧巴馬? Senator Obama’s articulated concerns with the payment of a living wage, access to health care, stabilizing the market for shelter, special attention to the needs of the disadvantaged and the importance of community are all part of the church’s social justice mission. 參議員奧巴馬關注 與支付生活工資,獲得衛生保健,穩定市場,為住房,特別注意向有 需要的弱勢和重要性,社會都是一部分,教會的社會正義的使命 Applying this to the issue of abortion, the senator has repeatedly indicated that he is not pro-abortion, that he understands the serious moral question it presents, and, most significantly, that he wants to move us beyond the 35 years of acrimony that have done next to nothing to reduce the unwanted pregnancies that give rise to abortions. 運用這個以人工流產問題,參議員已多次表示,他並不主張墮胎的,他能理解嚴重的道德 問題,它提出,並在最顯著的,他要提出我們超越了35年的怨憤有下一步要做什麼,以減 少不想要的懷孕,讓大家引起流產。 Q. But all the same, isn’t your support at odds with Catholic teaching? 問:但所有相同的,是不是您的支持,與天主教的教導相反? A. Quite the contrary. Senator Obama is articulating policies that permit faithful Catholics to follow the church’s admonition that we continue to explore ways to give greater protection to human life. 答:正好相反。參議員奧巴馬是闡明政策允許的忠實天主教徒按照教會的教導,我們 繼續探討如何能給予更大的保障人的生命。 Consider the choices: A Catholic can either continue on the failed and uncertain path of seeking to overturn Roe, which would result in the individual states doing their own thing, not necessarily, or in most states even likely, protective of the unborn. Or Senator Obama’s approach could be followed, whereby prenatal and income support, paid maternity leave and greater access to adoption would be relied upon to reduce the incidence of abortion. 考慮可能的選擇:一個天主教可以繼續對失敗的和不確定的道路,試圖推翻羅伊, 或在大多數國家,甚至有可能,保護未出生的。 或參議員奧巴馬的做法可以遵循,而產前和收入支持, 帶薪產假和更多的機會獲得通過將是依賴,以減少墮胎率。 It is, of course, not enough for a Catholic legislator to declare himself or herself pro-choice and just leave it at that, but neither Senator Obama, who is not Catholic except by sensibility, nor Joe Biden, who is a lifelong Catholic, leaves matters in that unreflective way. 拜登一直是天主教徒 In my view, Obama and Biden seek to fulfill the call by Pope John Paul II, in the encyclical “Evangelium Vitae,” to “ensure proper support for families and motherhood.” It cannot possibly contravene Catholic doctrine to improve the respect for life by paying better attention to the social and economic conditions of women which correlate strongly with the number of abortions. 在我看來,奧巴馬和拜登尋求履行的呼籲,教宗若望保祿二世,在通諭“Evangelium Vitae” , “為家庭和母親 確保適當的支持。 ”不可能違反天主教教義,以改善對生 命的尊重,由支付更好地關注到社會和經濟條件的婦女強烈的相關性與墮胎的數量。 Q. You have been fiercely attacked by some Catholic abortion opponents and in one instance barred from receiving communion. How do you feel about that? 問:您受到一些反對墮胎天主教徒激烈的攻擊,而且有一次被禁止領聖體。你怎樣的感受 呢? A. To be the subject of an angry homily at Mass last April 18 and excoriated as giving scandal for endorsing Senator Obama and then to be denied communion for that “offense” was the most humiliating experience in my faith life. 答 去年4月18日宣布贊同參議員奧巴馬,後來被要求不能領聖體 是在我的信仰生活中 最 屈辱的經驗,。 To be separated in that public manner from the receipt of the eucharist, and to be effectively shunned or separated from the body of Christ in the sense of that particular congregation, has left, I very much regret to say, a permanent spiritual scar. Thankfully, it has also given me a new appreciation for the significance of the sacrament in my daily worship. And the priest, having been called to order by Cardinal Roger Mahony, sent me an apology, which of course I have accepted. 我無法在公開的彌撒 領受聖體聖事, 我很遺憾地說,這是一個永久的精神疤痕。 值得慶幸的是,它使我更珍惜彌撒能領聖體 由樞機主教羅傑mahony後來要求那個神父向我道歉,當然我已接受他的道歉。 Nonetheless, I remain deeply troubled that other church leaders not fall into similar traps. That would do untold damage to the church within the context of American democracy. 儘管如此,我仍然深感不安,其他教會領袖不會落入類似陷阱。 這將在美國的民主的背景下 損害教會,。 There are clearly partisan forces that want nothing more than to manufacture or stir up faith-based opposition to their political opponents. The church has been careful to underscore that Catholics have unfettered latitude to vote for any candidate so long as the intent of the Catholic voter is not to express approval of a grave evil. 當有明確的黨派,想要以以製造或挑起以信仰為基礎 來反對他們的政治對手。 教會一直謹慎地強調,天主教徒有不受約束的投票給哪位候選人, 只要天主教選民的意圖不是有嚴重的惡果。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 75.18.254.63