精華區beta Chelsea 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Temperament is vital for Chelsea and the Leicester Tigers sports psychologist comes down to Cobham for one-on-one motivational sessions with Academy boys. Yet for all the widespread fears of a dipping in desire levels, Bath believes his pupils are as committed as ever. "I accept society has changed, but the boys we have here are passionate about being players. There is a real hunger. "They are very professional. At breakfast here, you will see 15-year-olds picking up brown bread, fruit and being careful what butter they choose. We teach kids to cook so that if they go on loan somewhere, they can cook themselves chicken and pasta." Seventy per cent of Chelsea's players between 15 and 21 are English, but problems briefly arise with some arrivals from overseas. "We've had African boys who can't use knives and forks," says Bath. "They are in a restaurant eating with their hands. Some kids are not used to a bed. They sleep on the floor." Entrusted with parents' pride and joys, Chelsea are very mindful of their charges' welfare and medical checks are stringent. A heart murmur recently showed up on a screening of one of the boys. "The screening here now is second to none," Bath says. Chelsea advise players of the pitfalls of life as a budding professional. "Young girls all know there are 26 young Chelsea players living in the Cobham area. They are the centre of attention. There's a night life in Kingston. It's a potential risk. There is a code of conduct about staying in digs, and we put on training sessions for landladies. "We have suspended players because of behaviour at school. We don't allow baseball caps, scarves, earrings and there's no swearing allowed. We used to have 12-year-olds who said 'this is my agent', but we only allow them from 16 now." Parents also have to sign a code of conduct, far stricter than the Premier League accord, agreeing to the PARENTS acronym of 'Praising. Accepting. Recognising. Encouraging. Nurturing. Teaching. Supporting and smiling". "Parents have been pulled in and warned that if negative behaviour on the touchline continues, we will suspend you," Bath says. "We have little barriers, or chains, and make them know that foul language is unacceptable. But our parents are really good on the whole. "I have gone to meetings with colleagues from other clubs and so often I hear [complaints] of 'parents, parents, parents' and I think 'our parents are really good'. "We fully understand the father wants to kick every ball with his son. But we speak about controlling that and tell them: 'If you put your son into Oxford or Cambridge you wouldn't turn up telling them how to teach your son geography.' " The Blues of Chelsea are quite capable of helping their youngsters graduate. -- ╔══╗╔╗╔╗╔══╗╔╗ ╔══╗╔══╗╔══╗ ║╔═╝║╚╝║║╔═╝║║ ║╔═╝║╔═╝║╔╗║ ║║ ║╔╗║║╔═╝║║ ╚═╗║║╔═╝║╚╝║ ║╚═╗║║║║║╚═╗║╚═╗╔═╝║║╚═╗║╔╗║ ╚══╝╚╝╚╝╚══╝╚══╝╚══╝╚══╝╚╝╚╝ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.129.127.66