精華區beta Chelsea 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2058730,00.html Terry says United are worth watching for Ronaldo alone The Blues captain hails the Portuguese winger but warns that the momentum is with Mourinho's men Jeremy Wilson Tuesday April 17, 2007 The Guardian John Terry believes the momentum is with Chelsea ahead of a potential hat-trick of showdowns against Manchester United. Yet, at a time when Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho might be shaping up for an exchange of mind games, the England captain is making no secret of his deep admiration for Cristiano Ronaldo. "For me he is the best in the world at the moment," said Terry. "How do I stop him? I pass him on to Ashley Cole." Ronaldo has been the subject of abuse from English supporters for his part in the World Cup exit against Portugal last summer but his contribution this season for United has brought out the football fan in Terry. "I totally admire the player after the stick he got," he said. "He has done so well on and off the pitch and, honestly, I could watch Man United just to watch him. He does things with the ball you don't see anyone else in the world doing. When he is at his best I don't think there are many people who can stop him. "When he runs at you with his tricks and his skills you don't know which way he is going. If you double up on him he passes to [Wayne] Rooney and he does it. Where do you stop? You can't double up on everyone. It's a case of us defending very well." Terry is even happy to concede that United are probably a more attractive team than Chelsea. He does not, however, agree that they are favourites to repeat their treble of 1999. "We are not banging them in as much as them and we might not be as good as them to watch at the moment but we are certainly getting the results and that's the main thing," he said. "I don't think anyone has any edge coming into this. If we play at our best and Man United don't, we will win it. If we don't and they do, then they will win. "The good thing about this is that both sides have players that can win the game on their own. The Rooneys, the Ronaldos, the Lampards, the Drogbas, Arjen Robbens, Joe Coles. I would suspect it's going to be pretty tight on both sides.' United will face each other three times in a thrilling final fortnight of the season. United are currently weakened by injuries to several key defenders and the reversal in fortune has been noted by Terry. "Every season has its swings and roundabouts," he said. "We had our bit of misfortune earlier in the season when we had quite a few players out. Joe Cole is back fully fit and played fantastically well so, while they have got a couple of injuries, we are all fit bar one of us and Arjen Robben will be back hopefully in a week or 10 days. "Rio [Ferdinand] has been playing brilliantly well alongside [Nemanja] Vidic and he is a big miss for them. Those two out of the team is the backbone and any team would miss them. "The last couple of years we have run away with it and they have shown great desire to come back this year and really fight and push us. But we are pushing them right to the wire now. One result and it swings back in our favour." The Chelsea goalkeeper, Petr Cech, is predicting a battle of nerve. "We know if one side makes a mistake, the other one can take over. We know that and how important every game is." Chelsea's FA Cup semi-final winner against Blackburn on Sunday was scored by Michael Ballack, who was part of the Germany team which beat Kevin Keegan's England on the last major Wembley occasion and is now looking forward to the first Cup final at the new stadium. "For the history it's good for me. I like to score important goals," said Ballack. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.121.202.209