精華區beta Chelsea 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4349763.stm Terry cool on Chelsea title talk Chelsea captain John Terry insists the title race is not over, despite extending their lead to 11 points with victory against West Bromwich Albion. He said after the 1-0 win against the Baggies: "It is not in the bag - there is still a long way to go. "Manchester United are pushing us all the way. We still need a few wins. "I had great respect for West Brom. They have been fighting and have shown theywant to stay in the Premiership." Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho refused to speak to the media, but assistant Steve Clarke echoed Terry's cautious message. He said: "No, it's not won yet. It's another big step on the way with another three points. That's what we wanted before the game and that's what we got. "Didier Drogba could have had a few more but he got the winning goal and got us three points and for a striker, that's important. "We have been together all season as a group and nothing has changed over the last few weeks, we are still together. "We think we are doing very well, we are in the last eight of the Champions League and 11 points clear at the top and have the Carling Cup in the bag already. "What more can you do? You can see that spirit for yourself every time we go onto the pitch. It's as plain as the nose on my face. If you can't see we have got a great team spirit, then there's something wrong. "You can see it in the way we play and work for each other." Clarke denied that Mourinho had not appeared for the press conference because he was disenchanted with the criticism he had received this week. "No, that's not the reason, I have done press conferences before," said Clarke. "He is entitled to have a night off. "He can't come out every time, why should he? He is very happy for the reasons I've just outlined." Clarke then suggested that Mourinho was more bothered with the task of winning trophies than hearing his critics sniping at him. He added: "He's bothered about winning trophies. We've got one, we are in the last eight of the Champions League and we are clear at the top of the Premier League. We aim to win that one as well." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.218.33.2