精華區beta Chelsea 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050321/1/9uk9.html Cole keen to make impression Mon 21 Mar, 7:22 AM Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has set his sights on earning Sven Goran Eriksson's trust ahead of this weekend's World Cup qualifier against Northern Ireland - just as he has won over Jose Mourinho. Cole was among the 24 players named in the squad for the double-header qualifiers against Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan. Cole will be hoping to impress Eriksson, especially with Wayne Bridge and Shaun Wright-Phillips both out injured, while Nicky Butt has also been omitted to build up his fitness. "I'm ready to play. I'm playing for a great club, in the Champions League, I'm enjoying my football and it would be great to play for England," declared Cole. Mourinho was demanding in his approach earlier this season, accusing Cole of neglecting defensive duties too often, and Eriksson also observed that the midfielder often tried too hard to impress. Cole has nevertheless knuckled down and worked hard to benefit from Mourinho's guidance and is now hoping that Eriksson will take notice in training. Asked if Eriksson had to learn to trust him like Mourinho, he admitted: "I think so, but the only way you can trust a player is by seeing him in competitive games and by giving him a run of games. "A lot of players have been tried on the left side of midfield. I've done reasonably well when I've played without getting the position for myself. "Not to sound big-headed but whenever I've had an average game, people put it down as a poor game as they have expected so much from me from a young age. "But that's how it is. I've had my grounding and it's put me in good stead. I regard myself as a level-headed young man and I'm ready to play for England." The vacant spot could nevertheless equally go to Jermain Defoe in a 4-3-3 formation, or Stewart Downing if Eriksson looks for natural width in a 4-4-2 plan. Cole is therefore sensible enough to be wary of making any bold claims. After all, he was hopeful of starting against Wales last October only to find himself not even on the bench. Indeed, 17 of his 19 England caps have been won as a substitute, showing how he has tended to live on the fringes of the national side. "Hopefully I will get a chance to play but I'm not going to be saying anything too much," he added. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.192.75
jftsai:SGE has got horse blinkers on and refuses to 61.218.33.2 03/21
jftsai:see the light.以上是球迷說的,小喬別期望太高 61.218.33.2 03/21
DemonRing:hm.433有Defoe,442有Downing,小喬機會不高。 140.113.192.75 03/21
DemonRing:是新聞評論的,唉。 140.113.192.75 03/21
thern:說真的,唐寧身體素質較好,技術小喬比較好 61.59.149.88 03/21