精華區beta Chelsea 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=footballNewsUK&storyID=8008286 Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:25 PM BST By Theo Ruizenaar NOORDWIJK, Netherlands, March 27 (Reuters) - Chelsea and Netherlands winger Arjen Robben believes players in the English Premier League should receive more protection from referees. "It is clear that there is more allowed on the pitch in England," the Dutch international told Reuters. "Players should arm themselves against it but sometimes the game is so rough that referees could give you some protection." The 21-year-old faces another spell on the sidelines after accidentally straining his left ankle ligaments playing for the Netherlands in a World Cup qualifierwith Romania on Saturday. Robben was making his first start for seven weeks after breaking two bones in his left foot following a tackle by Blackburn Rovers' Aaron Mokoena at the beginning of February. Mokoena, who was not booked for the heavy challenge, later apologised for putting Robben in the treatment room. The winger's run of bad luck with injuries started when he broke his metatarsal bone last year in a pre-season friendly. "These injuries are just bad luck," Robben said. "First time I was fouled frombehind and I don't have eyes in the back of my head, while the second time it was a battle for the ball where I came first and then got hit. "The only way to get over it is by playing a lot of matches but after these injuries you pay more attention to the way you handle these situations. "I don't believe that players are deliberately trying to kick you out of a match. But when you play well and make your runs you draw more attention." TOUGH WATCHING After being injured playing for the Premier League leaders seven weeks ago Robben used his recovery periods to improve his physical strength and stayed in touch with his team mates. In his absence Chelsea knocked Barcelona out of the Champions League and claimed their first silverware of the season by beating Liverpool in the League Cup final. "It was tough to watch these matches from the stands because they were very special occasions," Robben said. However, the unlucky Dutch winger has been forced to sit on the sidelines againas he will now miss Chelsea's Champions League quarter-final matches with Bayern Munich next month. His latest injury occurred after he jumped to avoid clashing with Romania's Bogdan Lobont as the keeper came out to clear the ball as the Netherlands won 2-0 to top group One. Robben, who set up the first goal for Phillip Cocu from a corner with less than a minute gone, said it was impossible to compare the style of his national and club teams. "With Chelsea we don't play real attacking football but we are on top in the league with an 11-point gap and are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League,so we are doing well," he said. Robben also praised the team spirit at the west London club. "We've proved thatwe can handle pressure," he said. "We've had a lot of bad publicity but all about unimportant things. 苦命的羅本 >< 大家要全力搶下勝利,這樣今年羅本才有機會打歐冠 帕克.小弗也才有機會打XD -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.224.53.101