精華區beta Chelsea 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://itv-football.co.uk/News/story_135019.shtml Parker continues to impress Sven Sven-Goran Eriksson has moved to reassure Chelsea midfielder Scott Parker that he could still force his way back into the England squad next year. Parker has battled to win back his place at Chelsea despite having made one substitute appearance in the club's first 11 games under Jose Mourinho. Indeed, while some observers were predicting that he would have to leave the club to seek regular first-team football, Parker simply concentrated on training even harder. His commitment has finally started to pay off, having made his fifth start of the season in Wednesday night's UEFA Champions League tie against Paris Saint Germain. The battle is far from over, given that Frank Lampard and Claude Makelele are still ahead in the central midfield pecking order, while he has still started just one Premiership game this season. However, Eriksson declared: "I saw Scott Parker last night and I must say he's improving a lot. He had a very good game. He is better technically, his first touch is better. "He has worked very hard over the past few months. He has a strong character, for sure, and I liked what I saw of him. Glen Johnson did okay as well, and that's good too." Eriksson, who was on Thursday visiting the headquarters of England sponsor Nationwide, will also monitor the progress of Middlesbrough's Stuart Downing before the friendly against Holland in February. "Let's see if Downing goes on improving. We will see in February," he said. -- ocmcocmcocmk**no surprises. k**no surprises. a heart thats full up like a land fill. a job that slowly kills you. bruises that wont heal. you look so tried_nhappy. bring down the government. they dont. theydontspeak for us. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.168.32.32