精華區beta Christina 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://www.dailynews.com/cdreviews/ci_4197539 CHRISTINA AGUILERA: "Back To Basics" By Rob Lowman, Entertainment Editor (RCA Records) ★★★1/2★ (滿分四分) Unlike many of her fellow pop stars who hide behind the tricks of their producers, the former Mouseketeer can sing — really sing. A few years ago, I heard her do a live version of "At Last," getting down cold the full power of the Etta James version. All she needed to do was develop some style of her own. With the two-disc "Back to Basics," she's taken a giant step in that direction. While the provocative shots of the diva and songs like the nervy "Still Dirrty" (cq)— "Don't be fooled by everything you see/I still got the naughty in me" — may lead you to think that Aguilera hasn't moved on from her second album, 2002's "Stripped," "Basics' " first disc offers an alluring fusion of hip-hop/pop rhymings and rhythms, sampling, and catchy syncopations soaked in an early-r&b groove with heavy bass lines. The arrangements by the likes of DJ Premier and Big Tank, and Rich Harrison are inviting, while giving Aguilera room to show off her ample chops. The second disc was produced and co-written with Linda Perry, who was behind Aguilera's hit. While the first disc was meant to be an oblique tribute to singers of the past — Aguilera checklists everyone from Stevie Wonder to Billie Holiday — the second aims at re-creating the past with tunes like "Candyman," an Andrew Sisters outtake, and "Nasty Naughty Boy" could be paired up with "Hey, Big Spender." Aguilera may have overreached on this album — there is plenty to nitpick — but give the girl credit for knowing how to have fun. 這是自Allmusic, 娛樂週刊後, 又一個給高分的! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.62.10.194