精華區beta Christina 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Christina Aguilera Proves She Has More Staying Power Than Most In Detroit http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/redirect/leaf=allstararticle/fid=216712 Aug 25, 2000, 11:10 am PT Although she apologized for vocal "problems," Christina Aguilera proved Thursday (Aug. 24) night at Pine Knob Music Theater in Clarkston, Mich. that she is the real talent in the never-ending pool of teen divas. "Bear with me. My voice is a little hoarse," she told the crowd before launching into a striking cover of Etta James' "At Last." Looking virginal in all white, Aguilera suffered through the opening number, her big hit "Genie in a Bottle," and relied heavily on her two background singers for the encore, "What a Girl Wants." During the bulk of the 90-minute show, however, her voice soared, leaving very little evidence of vocal problems. Aguilera came across as warm and genuine, shaking hands with fans in the front row. For her cover of Free's "All Right Now," Aguilera was joined onstage by two young girls who slapped tambourines. It was a stark contrast to performances by Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson. Spears relies on special effects and has a stale rapport with the audience and Simpson has a tendency to lean toward cliche lines and stage moves. Aguilera's stage was simple: A large video screen flanked by two large towers. She was accompanied by six dancers. The crowd of mostly prepubescent girls mature beyond their years ate it up. They mimicked Aguilera's moves and took over for her when she opted against trying high notes. "Thank you for being a part of my dream of being on the stage and headlining my first tour," she told the crowd. Destiny's Child, a nod to the great Motown girl groups, received a better response than Diana Ross and her Supremes did here in Detroit. The trio, who greeted fans at Southland Mall in Taylor, Mich. earlier in the afternoon, effortlessly belted out near- perfect versions of hits like "Bills, Bills, Bills" and "Bug A Boo." An a cappella gospel number set aside any doubts that they were singing live. "Do I have any independent women in the house? Get up and get your party on with Destiny's Child," singer Beyonce said leading into "Independent Women," the theme song from the forthcoming movie Charlie's Angel. During numerous costume changes, Destiny's Child and Aguilera relied on DJ sets, both of which included DMX's "Party Up (Up in Here)," the seemingly new sports anthem. Sygnature and soulDecision, whose disco-influenced "Faded" has just hit radio, offered tight opening sets. "Wow, somebody knows us," soulDecision singer David Bowman told the audience after seeing a sign about his band. "That's fantastic. The night is getting better." The Canadian group's set also included a cover of Bryan Adams' "Summer of '69," during which most of the young crowd sat motionless. When a band member threw the guitar in the air and caught it, Bowman said, "That was, like, a super '70s move. That was so sweet." Christina Aguilera set list: 1. "Genie in a Bottle" 2. "Somebody's Somebody" 3. "So Emotional" 4. "Don't Make Me Love You ('Til I'm Ready)" 5. "When You Put Your Hands on Me" 6. "I Turn to You" 7. "At Last" 8. "All Right Now" 9. "Love for All Seasons" 10. "Come on Over (All I Want Is You)" 11. "What a Girl Wants" -- Christina Fuoco -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: h12.s58.ts30.hinet.net