精華區beta Christina 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Christina Readies Spanish, Christmas Albums http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ws/20000825/en/christina_readies_spanish_christmas_albums_2.html Friday August 25 07:48 PM EDT By John Bream Oops! … Christina Aguilera is doing it again. Senorita Aguilera will release two new albums — one in Spanish, one for Christmas — this fall, and star in her own TV special. Mi Reflejo ("My Reflection"), scheduled for a Sept. 12 release, will feature Spanish versions of five songs from her self-titled blockbuster debut, a traditional bolero, and several new tunes, as well. "This is a side of me I need to explore," she says. "We have some new things where we tried to combine the R&B influence with the Latin side as well." She spoke Spanish for the first five years of her life, until her parents separated (her father was born in Ecuador). Now she travels with a tutor to try to perfect her Spanish. "I do have an ear for it," she says. "It was easy to record in Spanish." Aguilera plans to sing her Spanish material on a fall tour of South America, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, adding horn players to her band. And she will perform the Spanish version of "Genie in a Bottle" ("Genio Atrapado") and another number at the first annual Latin Grammy Awards — where she's one of the nominees — on Sept. 13. On Oct. 24, she will release a holiday album, My Kind of Christmas, featuring a duet with Dr. John and "Silent Night" performed in both English and Spanish ("Noche de Pas"). Aguilera had wanted to do a duet with Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Etta James, a veteran R&B singer whom she admires. But James was unavailable, so the teen sensation turned to New Orleans stalwart Dr. John for "Merry Christmas, Baby." Aguilera feels the holiday album will show how she has grown as a vocalist since recording her debut two years ago. "If I could redo the whole first album, it would come across a lot different," she says. "It would be a little bit edgier, more R&B and soulful in a lot of different aspects." In fact, she insisted on re-recording "Come on Over Baby" before it was released as the fourth single from her self-titled debut. "Going out and selling something that my heart isn't into anymore — being the original version of 'Come on Over' — isn't going to work for me. So going back into the studio and giving it a new vibe was something I was adamant about doing. We changed things up to be more R&B-driven, more soul-driven, things I'm more influenced by. I'll always be categorized as a pop singer, but with an edge, with different inflections." In December, the pop princess will star in a television special for ABC, according to her manager Steve Kurtz. It will likely be a concert format, with only a couple of Christmas songs and some special guests. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: D235-015.dial.dj.net.tw