精華區beta Christina 關於我們 聯絡資訊
LIVE: Christina Aguilera Gets Voice Back In Time For Tour, VMAs http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/so/20000909/en/live_christina_aguilera_gets_voice_back_in_time_for_tour_vmas_9.html Saturday September 09 04:47 AM EDT By Correspondent Chris Jordan reports HOLMDEL, N.J. — What a girl wants is good health. And other than being "nervous" about appearing on the MTV Video Music Awards show Thursday (Sept. 7), Christina Aguilera was just fine during her Wednesday concert in front of 17,000 at the PNC Bank Arts Center — her first since doctors ordered her to rest her singing voice. "I'm so nervous," Aguilera told the audience, referring to her MTV awards show appearance. "[But] I know I wouldn't be there performing without you guys." (Sonicnet.com's parent company, Viacom, also owns MTV.) Aguilera told the audience — made up largely of glow-stick waving girls — that she'll sing "Come On Over" with a "surprise guest" on the video awards show. Also, she's just been announced as a performer on the Latin Grammy Awards show, Sept. 13 in Los Angeles, just one day after the release of her first Spanish-language album, Mi Reflejo. The 19-year-old singer, who didn't mention her vocal problems from stage Wednesday night, missed a Sunday show at the New York State Fair in Syracuse and a Monday performance on "The Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon." But Aguilera has clearly recovered. She sang and danced for nearly one-and-a-half hours while her legions of teenage and preteen fans shrieked and squealed at every opportunity. Releasing The Genie Materializing from a mist of smoke in the middle of a metallic, multitiered stage, Aguilera was in constant motion while opening with her career-launching hit, "Genie in a Bottle". She and her six-piece band gave the single a soulful vibrancy, but many elements of their musicianship couldn't break through the crowds' deafening shrieks. Songs that fared better included "So Emotional", a funky midtempo pop tune, and "Come On Over," an infectious R&B dance jam that featured a backroll by Aguilera. Many moments of the show were lost amid the ear-splitting din of the crowd. The flamenco guitar introduction of "When You Put Your Hands on Me" was too musically subtle for the audience. And while Aguilera's take on Etta James' "At Last" has the makings of a blues tour de force, the singer seemed to put too much effort into being heard over the crowd. Still, Aguilera's charisma and likable nature made the show enjoyable. The singer has the stage presence of a seasoned professional. Aguilera is an alumna of Disney's "The New Mickey Mouse Club," which also helped launch the careers of fellow teen stars Britney Spears, JC Chasez and Justin Timberlake of *NSync and actress Keri Russell of "Felicity." At Wednesday's show, Aguilera led a small troupe of dancers through sexy and breezy routines that featured plenty of strutting and turns. Her blond hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, and she wore a liberal application of glitter eye shadow. Several costume changes all were variants on her tight-hip-hugger-pants-with-bare-belly- button look. At least one fan found her look and some of her dance moves questionable. "There were a lot of little girls in the audience, and I thought some of the dances were inappropriate," said Craig Roberts, 16, of Holmdel, N.J. "The girl can really perform — she doesn't need to sell herself." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: h248.s56.ts30.hinet.net