精華區beta Christina 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Christina Aguilera Talks Up New Album, Fred Durst, & Shakira http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/redirect/leaf=allstararticle/fid=220464 Sep 15, 2000, 9:10 am PT In Los Angeles to perform at the 1st Annual Latin Grammy Awards, singer Christina Aguilera stayed an extra day to hold a press conference to talk about her new Spanish-language album, Mi Reflejo, released Tuesday (Sept. 12), before going back on the road to continue her tour. Producer Rudy Perez got things underway on Thursday (Sept. 14) in the Champagne Room of the Hotel Sofitel in L.A., declaring Aguilera the "new artist for a new generation." Adding, "She's a Latin raised in America discovering her roots. I think this is a work of love, nobody pushed her to do it. She did it for her grandparents, for her father and mother who love Latin music. She's still not fluent in Spanish but she's learning." When asked why she made a record in Spanish, Aguilera pointed out: "This album was really important to me. It's something that I approached my record label early on about, before my debut record was even recorded. I said, 'Eventually I do want to record an entire album in Spanish.' "And they kept their promise to me, and later on in the year I was able to go to Miami and make the record," she continued. "I also did it for my Latin American fans. And I wanted to make my grandparents, on my father's side, proud [laughs]. I think the Spanish language has a passion the English language lacks. When you hear the album, a more passionate side comes out." With the Latin Grammy Awards still a hot topic of discussion, Aguilera was all smiles about the event and the performances she saw: "It was amazing to be part of the first annual Latin Grammys. I think it was long-awaited. It was great that I was able to be a part of it. I was very happy to perform and to be actually nominated. I was nervous, but I had a great time. I really enjoyed Shakira's performance. I'm a big fan of hers." And as for her odd pairing with Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst at the MTV Music Video Awards last week (allstar, Sept. 8), the teen queen finally came clean: "I knew Fred had wanted to do something for a while, but it was something that MTV really put together and approached both of us with. It was cool. And there was so much controversy with the whole Fred thing, that I thought, 'You know what, why don't we just have fun and rock it.' It was crazy up until the last minute." Does this mean she's going hard? "I think it's fun. I am a pop singer, but I like to edge it up a little bit, and you'll see more and more of that to come, whether it be rock, R&B, jazz or blues." As for her conquering the Latin market: "I'm not sure I'm trying to conquer anything. This isn't something where I'm trying to attack the Latin market. This is a love of mine and whoever wants to come aboard is welcome. I don't want to jinx anything, but so far the response has been really good." -- Jose Martinez -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: h52.s56.ts30.hinet.net