精華區beta Christina 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Christina Aguilera Introduces Mi Reflejo http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/so/20000918/en/christina_aguilera_introduces_i_mi_reflejo_i__3.html Monday September 18 11:47 PM EDT By Correspondent Mikel Toombs reports LOS ANGELES — For his next collaboration, Carlos Santana will join forces with ... Christina Aguilera? Don't laugh. It could happen. The two multimillion-selling performers, the Supernatural guitarist and the teen pop princess, met backstage Wednesday during the Latin Grammy Awards, where each performed. "I was talking to Santana last night," Aguilera said on Thursday, "and he was like, 'I had the TV on at home, I was strumming my guitar and learning the melody to "Genie in a Bottle." ' " The belly-button-baring singer's voice raised in girlish glee at the thought, although she didn't utter an "omigod," as she did when she was named the winner of the Best New Artist award at the February Grammys. Aguilera, 19, convened a press conference here to present her first Spanish-language album, Mi Reflejo, released Tuesday. The CD includes five remakes of songs from her debut album, including the Latin Grammy- nominated "Genio Atrapado" ( RealAudio excerpt), the translation of her breakthrough "Genie in a Bottle," and her current single, "Ven Conmigo (Solamente Tu)" (Come On Over) ( RealAudio excerpt). Mi Reflejo also features six other Spanish-language songs — among them a duet with hot young Puerto Rico–born singer Luis Fonsi, "Si No Te Hubiera Conocido" (If I Hadn't Met You), which incorporates styles ranging from Mexican bolero to Puerto Rican salsa to Cuban guajira. "I think we've definitely covered new ground," Aguilera said, "because I was very interested in, or influenced by, soul and R&B, as well, and I wanted to keep some of that in there, too, you know what I mean? "So it was kind of cool mixing certain R&B and soul flavors with a Latin sense in some songs." The 'Reverse Crossover' With Mi Reflejo (My Reflection) Aguilera follows the lead of Christian singer Jaci Velasquez in making a "reverse crossover" into Latin music. "Jaci's also from this generation of kids growing up with Spanish parents, or at least part of the family is Latin. And they're growing up in English," said Rudy Perez, who produced both Mi Reflejo and Velasquez's Llegar a Ti. (Perez was Latin Grammy-nominated as Producer of the Year for works that included the Velasquez album and "Genio Atrapado.") Aguilera's father is from Ecuador, and Spanish was spoken in her home until her parents separated when she was "7 or 8," Aguilera recalled. The feeling for the language became "second nature" to her as Perez taught her to phonetically sing the songs he had carefully translated. And it led her to appreciate the music her producer was introducing, notably the classic bolero "Contigo en la Distancia" (With You Far Away). "The bolero was amazing. One day I was sitting around my pool area and I just walked into my recording studio, and she was in there warming up. And I just started playing this song, which happens to be one of my favorite songs of all time," Perez said. "Rudy was sitting there, just playing the guitar," Aguilera said, "and I looked in and said, 'Rudy, I really love that song. I can really relate to it.' "And he told me, 'That's a bolero.' And after that, I wanted to include it, with my interpretation." Aguilera's interpretation features vocal frills that invite comparison to Mariah Carey — "riffing," as Perez called it. "I think the bolero's changed forever now. It's never going to be the same," Perez said with a laugh. Eye On Collaboration The best-known version of "Contigo en la Distancia" is by romantic singer Luis Miguel, who just won three Latin Grammys. Aguilera said she would like to work with Miguel, as well as with "Luis Fonsi, who I did the duet with. I think Alejandro Sanz is really talented, too." And she also expressed an interest in hooking up with the singer whose Latin Grammy performance was quickly compared to her own, in which she joined "Contigo en la Distancia" with a salsafied "Genio Atrapado." "It's crazy. People are starting to try and do this whole Shakira and me comparison — the blond hair," Aguilera said of the (not really blonde) Colombian who sang and danced to the Arab-themed "Ojos Asi" on Wednesday. "But actually, a performance I really, really liked was Shakira's. I'm a big fan of hers. There's something about her that really intrigues me, from her personality, or how she gets up there and rocks it." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: ntumcc35.mba.ntu.edu.tw