精華區beta Christina 關於我們 聯絡資訊
RollingStone.com Album Review Christina Aguilera Stripped (RCA) It's a shame that the first single from Stripped is "Dirrty." It's hard to hear the song without conjuring up that Girls Gone Wild: Beyond Thunderdome video. And more important, "Dirrty" completely misrepresents the rest of the album. The title of Stripped screams "Look at my privates!" but the quieter message is "Be true to yourself." With its lack of gimmickry and surplus of sweet Seventies soul, Stripped is an album for grown-ups. The sophisticated fare includes the torchy can't-let-go number "Walk Away," the sensual flamenco of "Infatuation" and "Loving Me 4 Me," which is classic R&B make-out music. There's a fine pairing with Alicia Keys on the luxuriant ballad "Impossible," a concert closer set to a Keysian gospel chorus, piano and swelling horns. There are some misses, Lord knows: "Fighter" is a sterile foray into rock, and Lil' Kim stops by for the feminist anthem "Can't Hold Us Down," but it's curiously lifeless. For the most part, though, your folks could play Stripped at their next dinner party. Aguilera's mighty voice continues to grow richer -- on belters like the robust road song "Cruz" she can out-Whitney Whitney -- and these days she wisely avoids the R&B tic of bending the hell out of every note, "Flight of the Bumblebee"-style. So let us blot the "Dirrty" video from our collective minds, because Stripped deserves a fair shot. (JANCEE DUNN) 真是爽而中肯的評論。 -- 只要還能飛翔,或者, 保有著想飛的慾望, 就是好的。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.115.232.162