精華區beta Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《dale (冰城城主)》之銘言: Well, on the 'painstaking' issue, it seemed that there are a division among us^^ dale has opposite view from PINGU, but I am with PINGU. Let me explain why. First, a premise should be stated. The English learners we are now talking about are second-language learners, just like most of us in Taiwan, right? (If you are talking about mother-tongue learners, I'll have the same standpoint as dale. Not a flip- floper, haha.) If yes, I am quite with the 'painstaking' side. It all depends on the background you have grown up with. If you are born into a poor family, all the English learning resources you have are limited. You don't have the chance to attend the bilingual kindergarten. You haven't been to a foreign country for sightseeing, not to mention studying abroad. The first all- English book you have is the textbook of the university. You don't know those names of English writers. You don't even go to the bookstores selling English books. Then, how can you just lay back, and absorb yourself into the beautiful worlds those literary giants create without going all out to memorize words, phrases, learning grammar rules? Time has passed, but lessons won't be forgotten. There are too many stories there for the generations of our fathers, even grandfathers, who by studying so hard, finally elbowing their ways out of the labyrinthine world of English. Their spirit is respected, and their determination also set a strong model for later English learners to follow. Though with much richer learning media around, and various assisting tools to choose, I will remind myself of those heartening stories, and study hard nonstop. Yet, on the other side, just like PINGU mentioned before. 'Painstaking' is just a process. As long as you are equipped with the basic grammar structure rules, enough words to communicate, then there comes the time for you to reap, to enter the joyful English world. Further, at the same time, you should keep yourself up to the pace, learning more to reap more. It's a benign cycle. And believe me, it's a long long journey. Finally, I have to clarify that I don't think dale's opinion is wrong or something. Actually, if I can, I'll hope I can provide that kind of milieu for my children. And of course I hope here in Taiwan, students can enjoy this kind of educational policy. Though I don't know exactly the ratio, I think the 'painstaking' approach is still suitable for most of the learners here. I don't know quite well I have or haven't passed the process of 'painstaking', but here on Eng-Class board, I hope to bring as much fun as I can to the friends here^^ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 202.129.242.19
Adlay:Everyone has his/her own learning style. 163.30.124.135 05/11