精華區beta Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Because most of the board's patronizers are not native speakers of English, also in view of my total incompetence for teaching literary writing in English - I know, never in a million years - I've put forth the idea of imitation as a practical approach for learners of English. I know imitation shouldn't be adopted incoherently all the way through one's writing process, but nevertheless it shouln't be dangerous. Keeping a bank of good sentences in mind is not a bad idea and wisely bringing them on can't be so wrong. In fact I'm talking to people who may not relish the thought of being a great writer but work hard to meet the requirements of being a good communicator. For some people, English is used to exchange ideas - they are scientists doing scientific papers, journalists giving direct accounts of newsworthy events, business executives reporting financial statements, or bloggers keeping bilingual journals. Almost in all walks of life, people more or less need to globalize their voices by using English, but they may not need to go without copying, or "walking off with others' brainchildren," in order to be recognized as a laureate writer. I know writing all by myself is a lot of fun. I wouldn't even need to let other people understand what I wrote if I went a great deal into post-modernism. But when it comes to telling people how to write, I just can't put it too out-of-the-way, like "meditate a lot, and BANG - no grammar, all clear!" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.121.203.106
bcgirl:我啊 218.166.123.92 05/12
bcgirl:推錯~sorry 218.166.123.92 05/12