精華區beta Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《ChrisLu0606 (...)》之銘言: : 我以往學到的文法:美國人的全名的拼字 : 一般是first name全寫 middle name略寫 姓全寫 : 例如George W. Bush Actually, sometimes Mr. Bush is also simply referred to as "George Bush". The "W" is inserted primarily to distinguish him from his dad, former U.S. president George H. W. Bush. : 可是我看到有些美國人 其它人在文章中提到他時 : 竟然是用「first name略寫 middle name全寫 姓全寫」的形式 : 例如 G. Edward White : 重點是這個形式 在不同文章中出現好多次例子了 所以應該那些作者不是筆誤 : 請問有人知道標題所請教問題 其中的緣故嗎? : 謝謝... Not entirely sure about the reason behind such variations in usage (since I took it for granted): Sometimes it's for formality's sake, sometimes it's just personal preference. (<--I can only think of these two off the top of my head) For example, T. E. Lawrence (the guy who wrote "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" and is known most famously as "Lawrence of Arabia".) Another example would be former U.S. president Bill Clinton, whose full name is actually William Jefferson Bill Clinton. He prefers to go by the name "Bill". All in all, I can assure you that the format is not wrong, and is indeed quite common. :) -- "Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects," -Lester B. Pearson -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 74.98.239.53