精華區beta Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Both INCREASING and INCREASED mean greater in sized or amount, but seem to have difference in usage. Could someone give me a favor to clarify how to apply the two words appropriately? Consulting my dictionaries, I found nothing helpful for the usage of INCREASED and INCREASING. Thank you in advance. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.166.65.149 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: seylan () 看板: Eng-Class 標題: Re: [字辨] increased VS increasing 時間: Wed Apr 16 11:22:50 2008 ※ 引述《pearltear ()》之銘言: : Both INCREASING and INCREASED mean greater in sized or amount, but : seem to have difference in usage. Could someone give me a favor : to clarify how to apply the two words appropriately? : Consulting my dictionaries, I found nothing helpful for the usage of : INCREASED and INCREASING. : Thank you in advance. Increased is used to indicate an action that is finished. Increasing is used to indicate an action that is happening, at the time of the sentence. With increased, you know that the action has already ended, but with increasing, all you know is that at some point, the action was happening, but you probably don't know when it started or ended. It doesn't matter, because you are only describing the action at the point it occured. example: a) The car increased in speed as traffic light turned yellow. b) The car was increasing in speed when the traffic light turned yellow. Both sentences describes the same situation, but b) describes the moment when the car accelerated while a) describes the moment after the car accelerated. I don't know if this is the most appropiate explanation, but it's the way I distinguish one from another. Hope this helps. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.124.255.226
malisse74:解釋很棒 但例句a)只是過去式而已 並非過去分詞當形容詞 04/16 12:28