精華區beta Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
請教各位大大下面一題文法題 I rang the doorbell, but there was no answer. Then I tried__________(knock) on the door, but there was still no answer. 正解是knocking 請教一下為什麼to knock不行呢? 還有try後面是接不定詞或是動名詞有比較明顯的區分方法嗎? 謝謝各位大大的幫忙... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.116.145.210 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: julians (要勇敢面對) 看板: Eng-Class 標題: Re: [文法] try的用法 時間: Tue Feb 7 13:11:24 2006 ※ 引述《layles (孔雀香酥脆)》之銘言: : 請教各位大大下面一題文法題 : I rang the doorbell, but there was no answer. Then I tried__________(knock) : on the door, but there was still no answer. : 正解是knocking : 請教一下為什麼to knock不行呢? : 還有try後面是接不定詞或是動名詞有比較明顯的區分方法嗎? : 謝謝各位大大的幫忙... Yep. To do something implies you haven't done it since you only intend to do so. Doing something suggests you are in the course of doing it, or you have finished doing it. It's similar to the semantic difference between "forget to V" and "forget Ving" So back to the question. The speaker must have knocked on the door and then there was "still" no answer. The "still" here immediately demonsrates that something was done, but the expected reaction didn't take place. If the speaker only intended to knock on the door, certainly there was no answer for there was no knocking at all. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.122.239.21
layles:非常詳盡的解答 謝謝這位大大^^"... 140.116.56.241 02/08 12:08