精華區beta Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
One thing you need to know is the difference of how a language is learned by non-native speakers and acquired by native speakers. In other words, the input matters. Recall that when you were acquiring your first language, it took 3 years to recieve the input, say, approximately 2400 hours, according to linguistic investigation. However, in learning your foreign language(s), the intake is so little that you might not see any output from your learning. (How many hours did spend on listening to English?) So one of strategies when I am learning a foreign language, such as Japanese, I focus more on intake and the difference of two languages. For example, it may be frustrated to know the fact that every word is Greek to me in the very beginning when I listen to Japanese. However I keep working on and on. The more intake I have, the faster it will be. Also, I keep one fact in mind that every language is different. This idea is simple in itself but is difficult to be put into practice. One might say, for instance, Japanese pronunciation is easier than Chinese, so the difference between these two languages is less concerned. However, the fact is that many Taiwnaese learners of Japanese speak "Taiwnaese-like" Japanese. This situation can be observed in Englsih. English pronunciation is seldom taught in Taiwan. Or many learners regard that pronunciation is not so important as long as it can be understood. To tell the truth, I realize that the way I pronounce is related to my listening ability because, disregarding languages, I hardly see one foreign language learner with poor English pronunciation is able to have good listening ability. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.233.145