精華區beta Eng-Class 關於我們 聯絡資訊
我聽了空中英語教室半年了 再閱讀方面算蠻輕鬆了,機乎都可以蠻輕鬆的讀了 聽力方面,因為聽力本來就很差,不過這半年聽下來進步許多,大概都可聽懂6~7成上下 想說試看看換成advanece 閱讀方面,查字典的頻率變高了,因為句子長,也常常要看比較久 聽力方面,機乎都聽不太懂,因為講得比空英快多了,能聽到3成就很不錯了 感覺空英的講解內容比較生動,還有chat room之類的 advance就一堆人一直在那講 想請問一下,像我這種情況,已經可以換advance了嗎? 因為我感覺繼續聽空英,可能進步伏度不大,而且我又想考中高級檢定 希望請各位高手,指點一下 謝謝! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.247.115
chjuliet:中高級一定要ADVANCE唷,雖然廣播很無聊 220.142.28.39 02/28
lyremoon:別擔心 換了以後一兩個月就可以聽懂了 192.83.167.47 02/28
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: PINGU (drifter in the city) 看板: Eng-Class 標題: Re: 我是否該從"空英"換成"advanced" 時間: Tue Mar 1 01:28:44 2005 Hello. You've been back and forth. This is good. This means something's going to be different 'cause you're making progress. Don't let your iffiness be any kind of reason here. You must get a decisive move-on. Advanced is the beginning level in the major leagues, more or less reflecting the way English is used at full stretch. At first you can set yourself up with articles marked as easy, not just get into too much beyond your comprehension. It may take a while, but it's fine and don't go back to Studio Classroom. I think all you need is just a kick-start because you've got some sense, you know what to do by yourself, or you wouldn't have come all the way to where you're now. Good for you. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.228.20.236 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: sakiki (被愛的幸福) 看板: Eng-Class 標題: Re: 我是否該從"空英"換成"advanced" 時間: Tue Mar 1 18:01:16 2005 能否請問一下那個ADVANCED的那個光碟 因為他好多種 看不太出來那邊不一樣 一種是課文MP3 裡面有全月的課文MP3 前面版友有說過 可以拿來跟讀 一種是全月廣播MP3 就是幫妳把全月的網佔廣播錄成MP3 可以就不用每天上去聽了 如果可以的話 可以試看看 不看文章就直接聽廣播 看能不能聽出他的TOPIC 另外一種是光碟CDROM 他說裡面有全月廣撥MP3 還附有課文MP3朗讀 呃..請問這種光碟裡面是什麼呢??因為沒看過 如果這種啥都有的話 那不是前面那兩種都不用買了 因為只要第三種就有含了 (因為他價錢都一樣........) anyway..一點疑問 因為目前我和原PO一樣 STUDIO可以不看文章聽廣播就知道TOPIC 所以想應該是可以換到ADVANCED了.... but it's fine and don't go back to Studio Classroom. I think so... THX.. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.104.82.15 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: PINGU (drifter in the city) 看板: Eng-Class 標題: Re: 我是否該從"空英"換成"advanced" 時間: Wed Mar 2 03:05:42 2005 I listen to the program once or twice a week for my tutoring job. I don't buy the magazine, though. So it is possible to learn by listening instead of reading if you tend to be a wayward learner like me. But, I should tell you, if you're high school students or you're preparing for tests, it is better for you to go through the text carefully. That's intensive reading. Such training enables you to be accurate so that you can write in long sentences without being awkward. Here is a great example showing the author's craftsmanship in writing: In a hotly contested awards race this season, several Hollywood companies have found themselves walking a tightrope, as they seek attention for films that are tightly wound around difficult social issues without alienating parties to the debate or seeming to exploit human suffering for the sake of a prize. Okay. Back to the point. Here, if you're interested, I have a good idea for you that may help listen. First, you need to get yourself a notebook and divide each page into two part straight. The right part is for dictation, which means to write down what comes to your ears; the left for notes. Suppose you're already in business, I'll give an example on today's topic: "EXTREME RACES FOR INTENSE RUNNERS." Dictation Notes (Note that I skip some information that seems irrelevent. And there are sentences that are not correct in grammar but considered natural in spoken English.) Do you like extreme sports? How about running These are quesions before the long distances like one thousand six hundred discussion starts. They give kilometers in a race? you an idea about what is going on today. Please listen Today we are talking about a sports article. carefully. What's so interesting about this particular article is that it involves one of our own right here at studio classroom. Her name is Rachel Sawatzky. And she actually wrote the article that you see in front of you. Please turn to page eight. There at the top of the article you'll see a picture of her. She works with us here at studio classroom and tomorrow Ethan, who is with us today, will interview Rachel about her extreme sports interest. If you know Rachel at all, you know she loves running and she is also a teacher. So, it's Idioms: one way to keep yourself in shape. We get 1. keep yourself in shape outside, we run , we try to burn extra 2. burn extra calories calories. It's part of our plan to lose weight. 3. lose weight But there are those runners, for some reason, 4. for some reason that are addicted to the extreme sport of long 5. be addicted to distance races, something we call them Here comes a new word: ultramarathon. "ultramarathon" You may know marathon, but With me here at the studio today to talk about you've never seen the prefix this sports article are two fanatics. No, they "ultra" together with it. are not. But they are two people who enjoy So, be sure to keep listening hosting advanced program. The first is Ethan. and don't stop to check it in the magazine. Hi everyone, I'm glad to be here today and talk about running, something I don't particularly enjoy but I think it's something that we can all at least take interesting. Ok. so you are not an extreme sports athlete? Not in running. I do enjoy others, watching other sports. I do play volleyball myself, but I don't enjoy running. I do know that you do enjoy sports because you like talking about sports. Often times you might talk about certain basketball team, or, perhaps you also have an interest in hockey and other kinds of sports as well. So maybe you like to watch other extreme athletes participating in 6. participate in a sporting activity but you yourself don't 7. sporting activity necessarily enjoy participating in that sport. I think I find watching the running can be very interesting. I enjoy watching people push the 8. push the limits limits of whatever they're doing. I think that's one of the exciting things of all sports you get to see how far you can push your body and your mind and challenge yourself and so I enjoy watching people do but for me I just find running is too challenging. Bill is also with listeners of studio here today to talk about the article. Would you consider yourself an extreme sports athlete? No, I would not. I do find this article interesting and actually I've learned some things reading this article. I've play many sports in the past. I enjoy watching sports. But I've never done ultramarathons or iron man competitions or Here comes another term: anything like that. But I did learn a lot by "iron man competitions" reading this article by Rachel. I do enjoy watching triathlon often. When I have The trickiest word so far: free time and I turn the television on, the first "triathlon" thing I do is I go to the sports channel because I myself don't know how to I'm really interested in the sporting activity of spell it either. But don't other people. I especially like to watch the get stuck here. triathlon where you begin by swimming, then they Soon you hear the speaker move to biking, and lastly they will run across talk about this tri-thing, the finish line. So if you're interested in sports, which involves swimming, maybe you are not, but maybe it's the time to learn biking, running. Now I a little bit about people who are interested in can understand why the extreme sports. That's kind of the general word we word start with "tri-" use today. Isn't it this word "extreme?" 'cause it's a combination of three different races. Well, extreme, we might use to describe something that's longer or bigger than something we normally might associate with it. For instance, in this Idioms: article, what we will see, typically a marathon 9. associate with which is run in the Olympic games is twenty six miles or around forty two kilometers. But we call this an extreme race and it's an extreme marathon, ultramarathon, and much much longer than the marathon race that's run in the Olympics. So what do you think of that is this "ultra" is far beyond ordinary. 10. beyond ordinary Yes. Ultra is a common prefix we will use to Here you may fail to explain something. I like the fact that this is an catch the word "prefix" extreme sport which means this is pushing the human Just replace it with capacity. Be able to do it. Sometimes we will a general word "thing" consider the motor biking, that they do the really And this is a good way high jumps and tricks and that is really pushing whenever you hear of how far can I really go with this? And so this is any word that you're running with them pushing their limits. not familiar with. It makes the dictation Okay. So that's true extreme sports are pushing nonstop. some limits whether that will be a physical limitation, a mental limitation, or, in some cases, 11. in some cases might even be a chemical limitation tempting to 12. tempting to make your motorcycle do things perhaps they are not really built to do. So we are talking about extreme sports, but in the article today on page eight in your advanced magazine, we're talking about the extreme races, not just an ordinary marathon. As you mentioned, Bill, that anything over forty two kilometers, fifty kilometer, a hundred kilometers, and even a ten-day race that totals one thousand six hundred kilometers, we would call this an extreme race for intense runners. Now let's begin with the 13. intense runners fist half of today's reading. (Okay! I got to stop. I'm tired of typing this way. And before the system crashes, I'd better get out of this or I would end up penniless!) As you see, I focus on idioms and specialized terms at first glance. But there are still a lot to be said for listening. Kowning how native speakers talk is the next thing to do, which takes forever to achieve. Let me finish with this: A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while he knows something. * In my latest revision I corrected some typos and a grammar error: Such training enables you be accurate... => Such training enables you to be accurate... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.228.21.54
PINGU:one thousand! Not easy money :P 61.228.11.120 03/03