精華區beta GBR_Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Last Updated: Friday, 23 September 2005, 05:47 GMT 06:47 UK http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4271030.stm Brits spring Davis Cup surprise Friday (from 1200 BST) A.Federer v Mackin B.Wawrinka v Murray Saturday (from 1200 BST) Federer & Allegro v Rusedski & Murray Sunday (from 1100 BST) Reverse singles - matches tbc Great Britain captain Jeremy Bates has chosen to rest Greg Rusedski for the opening singles of the Davis Cup World Group play-off against Switzerland. Alan Mackin will open up against Roger Federer on Friday, with Andy Murray facing Stanislas Wawrinka. Murray and Rusedski will team up in Saturday's doubles, and if Britain have established a lead, Rusedski will return to face Wawrinka on Sunday. The winner of the tie will clinch a place in next year's World Group. The pressure will be on Murray to claim an opening-day point but Rusedski feels the 18-year-old will rise to the occasion. "Andy had a fantastic start in the doubles in Israel and he has been working really hard," he said. Realistically we are looking at winning the doubles and the two singles against their number two GB captain Jeremy Bates "The whole summer he was improving and I was very impressed with the way he went 10 weeks without a break to help his fitness. "I am sure Andy is going to continue this progress and I see him having a great future in this game." Bates' decision to rest Rusedski on Friday suggests he believes his number one player has little chance of beating Federer. Bates is effectively handing the opening match to Switzerland as Mackin, ranked 262 in the world, has yet to win a single ATP tour match this year. But the tactic means that Murray will face Swiss number two Wawrinka on Friday when the Scot is at his freshest. And if Murray wins that match and Britain also win the doubles, Rusedski will not have the pressure of playing a third game in three days with victory possibly at stake on Sunday. Bates said: "Obviously playing Roger is a very tough match and realistically we are looking at winning the doubles and the two singles against their number two. "I feel they (the Swiss) did not expect what they have seen and it puts a bit of pressure on Wawrinka to perform first." Mackin could be in line for a chastening experience against Federer, but he was very positive about his shot at the world number one. "It is a wonderful opportunity for me, I have got nothing to lose so I just hope I can go out and play well," he said. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.167.180.185