精華區beta GBR_Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Flawless Federer crushes Mackin Last Updated: Friday, 23 September 2005, 12:26 GMT 13:26 UK http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4274976.stm Roger Federer got Switzerland off to a perfect start in the Davis Cup World Group play-off with a 6-0 6-0 6-2 mauling of Great Britain's Alan Mackin. A nervous Mackin helped the world number one steamroll through the match with too many unforced errors. But Federer needed little help to notch up a superb victory on home soil as he left Mackin bamboozled with an array of powerful, pinpoint groundstrokes. Andy Murray must now get Britain on level terms against Stanislas Wawrinka. "It would have been a disaster if I'd lost," a relaxed Federer told BBC Sport. "I don't remember the last time I played such a low-ranked player and it wasn't that difficult today. "I was hoping for a three sets victory and it was a really good start to the tie" It was tough but I hope I can take the positives Alan Mackin Federer, playing his first match of the year in Switzerland, delivered a masterclass performance, racing to 13 straight games. The world number one barely had to move out of first gear as he peppered the Scot with his rasping groundstrokes. Some determined play saw Mackin get on the scoreboard twice - and gave the British contingent something to cheer about - at 2-2 in the third set. There was no be no more respite for the British number nine as Federer upped the tempo to close out the match and give Switzerland a 1-0 advantage. But Mackin, who has never won a match at the top-level, says he will learn from his Davis Cup defeat. "I was playing against the best in the world so it's a perfect experience for me," Mackin told BBC Sport. "It was tough but I hope I can take the positives. He hits the ball so fast and I tried my best but Roger is too good." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.167.170.45 ※ 編輯: yevvi 來自: 218.167.170.45 (09/24 06:47)