精華區beta Guardians 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《Klan (天才小釣手)》之銘言: : https://goo.gl/hxhKzZ : 這是在WBC前關於力猛的一篇專欄 : 裡面有提到他過去的棒球經歷 : 以及幫加拿大東征西討的過去 : 和他這幾年來跟美洲棒球強權交手與加拿大世代交替的心得 小弟不才,幫大家用我的破英文盡量翻 : Canada's Richmond takes road less traveled to WBC '17 : Former Blue Jays righty thrilled for tournament after bouncing around globe : In 1997, Scott Richmond graduated from Aldergrove Community Secondary : School near Vancouver, British Columbia, and took a job working on the : docks at the Port of Vancouver. For three years, he arrived in the early : morning dark, left around 4 p.m. and played baseball when he could. 過去的藍鳥隊投手在全球四處漂泊後,對於可以參與這屆WBC相當的興奮。 1997年,力猛畢業後在碼頭工作,天還沒亮就開始工作到下午四點,然後在他閒暇 之餘就打棒球。 : In 2008, after an odyssey through three American colleges and : Canadian non-affiliated baseball, Richmond made his Major League debut : with the Toronto Blue Jays, his country's team. The right-hander began : the following season in the Blue Jays' rotation and had a 3.69 ERA at the : All-Star break. And even though his performance slipped in the second : half, due in part to a sore arm, he earned a full year of big league pay. 2008年,力猛正式在大聯盟初登版,而且是隸屬於自己的祖國加拿大的多倫多藍鳥隊 ,明星賽後雖然因為手臂痠痛而表現下滑,但還是完整的出賽一整季 : In 2015, having barely pitched for the Triple-A Round Rock Express the : previous summer, Richmond was at his new home in Gilbert, Ariz., looking : for jobs in real estate. Instead, he returned to indy baseball -- this time, : with the Wichita (Kan.) Wingnuts -- because the Pan American Games were in : Toronto and Richmond wanted to end his career by pitching for his country. 2015,力猛轉戰獨盟,因為當年的泛美運動會在加拿大多倫多舉辦,而力猛希望能在自己 的家鄉結束自己的棒球生涯 The plan worked. Well, partially. Richmond pitched in the Pan Ams. : In fact, he helped Team Canada win gold on home soil. The part about retirement? : He's still working on that. 力猛也幫助自己的國家順利的在自己的國土上拿下泛美運動會的金牌 : This month, nearly 20 years after he went to work on the docks, Richmond : is poised to pitch in the World Baseball Classic for the first time. 這個月,在碼頭工作的20個年頭後,力猛對於第一次在WBC出賽感到怡然自得 : "It's emotional to talk about it," Richmond said. "You don't quite realize : what you've done while you're still doing it. In baseball, you have to focus : on the now. 力猛說:"這是個很令人激動的事,當你仍身在其中時,你不會知道你辦到了什麼,你只能 放眼當下。" : "It has been fun. I've been really fortunate. Maybe in the offseason, : I'll sit back and reflect on it. Right now, it's just been so busy." "我非常的幸運,也許在休賽季時我會坐下來回顧這一切,但現在,真的太忙碌了。" : Busy -- in the transoceanic sense. Richmond, 37, won't go home to Arizona : when the Classic is over. He's flying across the Pacific to rejoin his club : team, the Fubon Guardians of the Chinese Professional Baseball League, for : the regular season. : That's right: Richmond, who last appeared in the Majors on July 1, 2012, : pitched well enough during his unintentional 2015 season -- which included the : World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) Premier 12 in Taiwan -- that he : drew the attention of international scouts. : 37歲的力猛在經典賽後將不會回到亞利桑那,而是飛過太平洋和他的球隊富邦悍將 : 會合,為下一個球季打拼。這是因為,儘管上次在大聯盟出賽是2012年的事,2015球季跟 : 12強比賽中的好表現讓他得到了國際球探的注意。 : The Guardians are based in New Taipei City, Taiwan, where Richmond will : live with his wife, Deanna, and their three daughters: Hailey and Sierra, who : are 4-year-old twins; and Juliet, who turns 2 later this month. : In fact, the Richmonds are beginning their second season in New Taipei City. : Scott pitched there last year, too, when the team -- known as the EDA Rhinos, : prior to an ownership and name change -- won the four-team CPBL. : 富邦悍將位於台灣的新北市,力猛將會與他的妻子狄安娜和三個小孩:四歲的雙胞胎姊 : 妹:海莉跟席薇拉,以及這個月就會滿二歲的茱麗葉住在一起。這是他在這裡的第二個球季 : ,去年在這支球隊還叫做義大犀牛時力猛也幫助拿下了總冠軍。 : "It's great," Richmond said from Taiwan, before one of the Guardians' spring : workouts. "Public transit makes it really easy to get around with the subway : system. There's a bullet train that takes you top to bottom [on the island] : in 90 minutes, so my family can come on the road if they want to. : "Night markets are a big thing here, and that's a really fun event for : families.If you're walking around with twin North American girls, they're : going to have attention drawn to them. My kids are a little shy, but they're : getting better about it. They love getting the tea that's popular with kids : here. There's always something new to do, a different life experience. : "It's really the perfect time to do this, since they're not quite in school : yet. And my wife's a big traveler, so she's loved living in Asia." : Plus, there are the added educational benefits. Hailey and Sierra can : count to 10 in Mandarin, and the entire family has learned a term they hear, : perpetually and endearingly, from elderly passersby: Shuangbaotai, which : means twins. : "很棒"人在台灣跟悍將春訓的力猛這麼說"像是捷運這類的大眾運輸系統要到處趴趴 : 走很容易,而且搭高鐵也只需要90分鐘就可以讓你從北跑到南,所以我老婆小孩出門不用 : 擔心""這裡的夜市值得一提,因為很適合闔家出遊。如果你身邊帶著雙胞胎洋蘿莉,很難 : 不被路人注意。我女兒一開始有點怕生,但現在也漸漸習慣了。她們蠻喜歡一種很受當地 : 小孩歡迎的茶飲。對還沒上學的她們來說,這是很棒的生活體驗。我老婆也是愛旅行的人 : ,所以她很喜歡在亞洲的生活。" 海莉跟席薇拉已經學會用國語數到十,而且全家人也從 : 無數次路過的老人熱忱的語氣中學會了另一個中文詞:雙胞胎,意思是孿生子。 : Richmond's peripatetic career has yet to include an appearance in : baseball's pre-eminent international event. He was pitching for the : non-affiliated Edmonton Cracker-Cats and unknown to many Canadian baseball : officials in 2006, when the first World Baseball Classic occurred. Richmond was : on the roster and ready to start against Venezuela in 2009, until Italy : eliminated Canada with a stunning upset. And he suffered a freak knee injury : during a fielding drill with the Korean Baseball Organization's Lotte Giants : prior to the 2013 Classic, leading to his release and an ongoing lawsuit over : unpaid salary. 力猛四處漂泊的職業生涯尚未包括在棒球的頂級國際賽事中亮相,在06年的WBC時尚未出 名,09年原本預計對委內瑞拉時要先發,但加拿大卻意外的先被義大利淘汰出局, 13的WBC前又在韓職效力於樂天巨人隊時傷了膝蓋,因此遭到釋出,甚至還跟球團持續在 為了尚未付清的薪水打官司。 : Now Richmond is a candidate to start for the underdog Canadians in a : perilous Pool C that includes Colombia, the Dominican Republic and the United : States. 力猛現在是不被看好的加拿大隊的先發人選之一,跟加拿大同樣分在C組的包括哥倫比亞, 多明尼加和美國。 : "Over the last 10 years, we've won gold medals with our senior men's team : [at the last two Pan Am Games], but we've never moved on in the WBC," Richmond : said. "We always pull tough pools. But the one thing we like to do is carve a : path for Canadian baseball players who aren't superstars. I'm not a guy who was : highly recruited. No one even knew my name. And I was able to make it to the : big leagues. "在過去10年中,我們曾經在泛美運動會中奪得金牌,但在WBC的表現卻不夠理想。我們一 直在為了那些尚未成名的加拿大球員鋪路,雖然沒人知道我是誰,但我依舊努力登上 大聯盟的舞台。" : "Baseball is still getting better in Canada. It's not always easy for us : to get on good travel teams and improve by playing against the top competition. : But we all play together a lot. Team USA will have 20 new guys at every WBC. : With us, it's the same old indy ball guys with the new young studs. "We're : listening to The Tragically Hip on the bus and signing 'O Canada.' We're : teaching the young guys the way we do things. Hopefully when we're out of the : game, these kids will be ready to take over and we'll keep climbing the : international ladder." "加拿大的棒球在持續的進步當中。雖然要在激烈的競爭當中成長相當困難,但我們 都一起拼戰,美國隊每屆WBC都有20個新面孔,但加拿大隊都是這些打獨盟的老頭在帶領 著菜鳥,希望在我們卸下戰袍的時候,這些年輕人是準備好接管這支球隊的,然後繼續 在國際棒壇中成長。" : Richmond's personal ascent is worth emulating, as well -- two decades : after those 6 a.m. arrivals to the Port of Vancouver."I don't think I've : even said those words before: 'Twenty years since high school,'" Richmond said, : a little disbelief in his voice. "I've been really fortunate to be able to play : this long. It's been a big dream of mine to have my kids watch me play and have : an appreciation of my lifetime passion. 力猛個人的地位也是值得仿效的。"我是相當幸運的,可以打這麼久的棒球。我最大的夢 想就是可以讓我的孩子看著我打球,並且可以欣賞這個我投入一輩子熱情的事業。" : "They came onto the field after we won the [CPBL] championship : last year and sprayed waters and soda with everyone. They're terrified of : mascots, so they had their heads on a swivel the whole time. But now they know : where dad stands on the baseball field, and that's really important to me." 他們(我的孩子們)在我拿下中職冠軍之後進到球場內,然後跟大伙一起噴香檳慶祝。他們 很害怕那隻吉祥物(大義QQ),所以他們不斷的將頭轉來轉去(逃避視線的意思?)。 但是他們現在知道爸爸站在球場的何處投球,這對我來說相當的重要。 有錯就請其他英文大神幫指點,總的來說是一篇很溫暖的報導阿~ 看的出來力猛很愛他的國家也很愛他的家人 不論是今年中職還是加拿大的WBC 大家就繼續幫猛叔加油就對啦! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 140.112.250.139 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Guardians/M.1489244448.A.E16.html
Tads: 力猛曾在碼頭工作了20年?! 03/11 23:04
Crissangel: 痾 不是這個意思 是距離他在碼頭工作已經過了20年 03/11 23:05
chen44: 頭推 03/11 23:07
summer201: 是指在碼頭工作過的20年後吧 不是工作了20年 T大誤會了 03/11 23:08
summer201: 力猛以前就曾提過他年輕時在碼頭工作過 然後幫大義QQ 03/11 23:09
mygo198: 大義哭哭XD 03/11 23:13
selenasky: 中職最強吉祥物~大義,竟然有小孩不愛,大義秀秀 03/11 23:16
damo45012: 他們很害怕那隻吉祥物哈哈 03/11 23:33
apman: 怎感覺加拿大跟CT很像,都靠愛國心的老大哥們撐場 03/11 23:52
apman: 原來力猛以前是碼頭工人,還有在韓國受傷過 03/11 23:52
apman: 然後幫一個QQ了,一次被兩個小朋友討厭 03/11 23:53
youngorg: 大義邦QQ 03/12 00:02