精華區beta KITCHAN 關於我們 聯絡資訊
thanks to Ting on the list Kit on a break Crooner Kit Chan is taking "an indefinite" break from the Chinese pop music scene. The 32 year old, who was one of the first Singaporeans singers to succeed in Hong Kong and Taiwan, said she would be "embarking on a long break" in an e-mail that was sent to the media yesterday morning. She added: "I should also make clear to you that I am not retiring from the entertainment scene.... So, you will most certainly still see me performing on stage, TV, film, or whatever projects I might be taking on in the future. She has been in the pop scene since 1994, when the title track of her first album, Heartache, became a big hit in Taiwan. She is said to have opened the door for other Singaporean singers like Stefanie Sun. Her contract with local label Ocean Butterflies ended this year. Her latest and last record on it, a chill-out CD called East Towards Saturn, will be released this week. Her representative told Life! that she left Singapore for the United States on Sunday and will be travelling there for a year with her banker boyfriend. But she will still be back here "on and off" for assorted work committments, like the launch of her new book in December and performances on stage or on screen, said the representative. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.218.60.91