精華區beta KITCHAN 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Kit says: I need an older man ...both on screen and in real life BY CHANG MAY CHOON Mar 23, 2001 KITBIT: Singer Kit Chan will star in a MediaWorks drama in which she is married to a man 30 years her senior. Picture/ JONATHAN CHOO. KIT Chan has a thing for seniors. "I need an older man," said the 28-year-old singer. "I've always been precocious, and people see me as being more mature than my age." In her soon-to-be-shot TV serial, she'll play a young woman married to a man some 30 years her senior who has a stepson young enough to be her brother. Tentatively titled Cash Is King, the 40-episode, $5 million-drama is slated to be MediaWorks' Channel U's biggest production to date. So, is Kit's Singaporean boyfriend much older than her? She replied: "It's a very comfortable gap, lah... under 10 years, that's all I'll say." "He's a great guy," she couldn't resist adding. He's very confident and secure about what he does." She immediately bit her tongue and declined to continue, even before I posed the next question. She explained: "I can talk about my feelings for him, but not about him. I don't want his privacy invaded. It's his life." And who'll play the man in her life on screen? "I'll leave it to MediaWorks to decide, but I hope it's someone handsome!" said Kit laughing. The singer is equally tight-lipped when it comes to her first solo concert, set for June 9 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Her manager Colin Goh said they had planned the concert as far back as 1999, but because of the economic downturn, they had postponed it. Now, they are ready to stage it. With a six-figure sum for production alone. All Kit would let on for now is that she is in training and building her stamina with a gym instructor, dance teacher and voice coach. "It's like going back to school. Sometimes, I like some kind of regimen. It gives me a sense of belonging," she joked. Does it bother her that she was upstaged by MediaCorp actress-singer Fann Wong, who became the first local artiste to stage a solo concert at the Indoor Stadium last year? "No, it makes no difference to me. It doesn't matter whether you're first or second. What's important is that you put up a damn good show, so that those who see it will speak well of it. We're working towards that." Incidentally, MediaWorks is the official TV media for her concert. COMPETITION IS GOOD What if her collaboration with MediaWorks jeopardises her future exposure on rival TV station MediaCorp? "I certainly hope the TV stations are mature enough. It'll be a very sorry situation," she said. "It's good to have competition. In the end, the consumers benefit." Neither is she about to be intimidated by the surge of new singing talents, like Stefanie Sun, Joi Tsai and Stella Ng. "What's there to be afraid of? You have to see it in broader terms. I can't hold on to my laurels forever. "That'll be silly." In fact, she's glad that more local singers are making it in Taiwan and Hongkong. "That's excellent! Isn't that what we've always wanted since those 'xin yao' (new wave) days (in the 80s)? My wish is for the Singapore music scene to be a force in the region." Spoken like a true veteran! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: g883456.SHAN.ab.nthu.edu.tw