精華區beta KingofPop 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Sep 16, 01: Michael Jackson To Help Victims With "What More Can I Give" Fund Raising Effort Michael Jackson is leading a fund raising effort to help raise $50 million to benefit survivors and families of victims of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C., that claimed the lives of hundreds of people, with over 5000 people reported missing. Jackson's spokesperson, Howard Rubenstein, announced in a statement that Jackson plans to record a new song, titled "What More Can I Give," along with the involvement of many fellow musicians. Those stars already committed to the effort are Destiny's Child, Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys, Mya, Britney Spears, and Justin Timberlake of 'N Sync, with others lining up to be part of this charitable effort. Jackson said, "I believe in my heart that the music community will come together as one and rally to the aid of thousands of innocent victims. There is a tremendous need for relief dollars right now and through this effort each one of us can play an immediate role in helping comfort so many people. We have demonstrated time and again that music can touch our souls. It is time we used that power to help us begin the process of healing immediately." Jackson is currently working on "What More Can I Give." He will personally produce the song, and record it with other artists in two versions, English and Spanish. "What More Can I Give" will be released as soon as possible. The proceeds from the song's distribution will go to a relief fund for the victims' families and survivors. Jackson has been actively involved in charitable activities throughout his life, including the 1985 "We Are the World: USA for Africa" effort, which raised $65 million to aid famine victims in Africa. He co-wrote the song "We Are the World" and was one of the many performers that participated in its recording. In 1999, Jackson organized two charitable concerts 'Michael Jackson & Friends' in Germany and Korea, which raised $3.3 million for charity. Please see the Charities section for details on Michael Jackson's charitable activities. [Source: Reuters, MJIFC] -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 210.85.180.142