精華區beta KingofPop 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 WestPop 看板] 作者: boss (Let Me Let Go) 看板: WestPop 標題: 鑽石唱片分析 時間: Wed Mar 17 18:03:15 1999 Diamonds Are a Band's Best Pal by Marcus Errico March 16, 1999, 10 a.m. PT Forget gold and platinum, diamonds are a band's best friend. The Recording Industry Association of America, the trade group of the music biz , handed out the inaugural batch of its new diamond awards Tuesday in New York. The diamond award supplements the current gold (500,000 copies) and platinum (1 million) sales milestones, honoring albums and singles that hit the 10 million mark. Forty-six monster-selling performers representing the 62 all-time biggest albums received diamond awards. Leading the pack: Michael Jackson's Thriller and the Eagles' Their Greatest Hits 1971-75, each of which has sold north of 25 million copies. Pink Floyd's The Wall is close behind with 23 million (like other double albums, The Wall's sales are counted twice). Last night's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class is well represented: Bruce Springsteen has two (Born in the U.S.A., Live 1975-85), Billy Joel has one (Greatest Hits Volume I & II) and Paul McCartney's ex-band, the Beatles, has more than anyone else: five (Abbey Road, The Beatles (White Album), The Beatles/1962-66, The Beatles/1967-70 and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band). Garth Brooks is second only to the Beatles in diamond discs with four (Double Live, No Fences, Ropin' the Wind and The Hits). Elton John is the only artist to land a single on the list--his 1997 edition of "Candle in the Wind" (aka the Princess Di tribute) having moved 11 million copies. Of course, there are some eyebrow-raisers: Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, Def Leppard's Hysteria, the Doobie Brothers' Best of the Doobies, M.C. Hammer's Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em and, inevitably, the Backstreet Boys' Backstreet Boys. Not making the cut: Elvis Presley, who, despite innumerable albums and singles, never had a RIAA-certified 10 million seller. Joel, John, Kenny Rogers, Whitney Houston and members of Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Boston, Journey and Van Halen all were on hand at New York's Roseland club to pick up the hardware. Kenny G promptly dropped--and broke--his crystal trophy. "It's okay," he cracked after an awkward silence. "It was Billy Joel's anyway." -- All my life I've waited To see your smile again Im my mind I hated Not able to let go -- ※ Origin: 交大機械站 ◆ From: tp01313.seeder.net --