精華區beta KingofPop 關於我們 聯絡資訊
:. July 6, 2001 Shaggy Thanks Michael Reggae singer Shaggy will be one of the artists who will take part in the tribute concert 'Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, The Solo Years'. In some respects, his participation is payback for a personal favor from Michael that helped to launch his album 'Hotshot' to the top of the album charts earlier this year. 'Dance & Shout', the first single released from the album, samples the song 'Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)', a hit from The Jacksons a lbum 'Destiny' (EPIC 1978). Shaggy was introduced to the sample several months earlier at a meeting with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. "I went down to Flyte Tyme and they played me about four or five loops, and that one just stood out to me, man - it was obvious. It felt like something I could 'Shagga-tize.' I just flowed on there. It's not your great record, as far as credibility-wise. I just took Michael Jackson's sample and I flipped it, but it's a great idea, and a great sound and a great song." To legally use it Shaggy had to get permission from Michael and his brother Randy, who wrote the song together. "Michael was really great in giving me the sample anyway because a lot of people tried to obtain a sample and couldn't get it. And one phone call and he said, 'Yeah, I already heard it and I think it's dope. You got it,' and he was cool, too. He actually gave me a piece of the action. There were people that I've used samples with that just wanted everything. He basically was, like, 'Hey, go ahead, man.'" Shaggy added that he thinks it's pretty amazing that the teens who bought the single 'Dance & Shout' were not even born when 'Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)' was a Top 10 hit for The Jacksons: "These kids don't even know the original. They think it's, like, a Shaggy original, the younger kids, you know?" [Source: Launch.com, Jackson Dailynews] -- ※ Origin: 交大機械工廠 ◆ From: c144.h061013123.is.net.tw --