精華區beta LeBronJames 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板 #1DLxNKAr ] 作者: kart (=\) 看板: NBA 標題: [外絮] LBJ對球迷嗆聲行為畫出了紅線 時間: Sun Feb 13 18:43:29 2011 原文 http://ppt.cc/tRm6 麥克華勒斯 DETROIT -- The fact is, LeBron James thought about walking away. He tried. But he couldn't. In his mind, a line was crossed. And there was no turning back. 事實是,LBJ的確想過假裝沒聽到,他試過了。但是他不能,在他心中 的紅線被跨過了。而這沒有商量的餘地。 It doesn't matter if you're 12 years old and playing the game for free on the schoolyard blacktop, or 26 and playing for millions of dollars in an NBA arena. It's almost impossible to keep your cool when the “Your mamma” wisecracks start to fly. 不管你是個12歲的小孩在學校玩球,或是領著百萬薪資26歲的大人 在NBA打球。你幾乎不可能在聽到你老母被人拿來開玩笑時頭腦還 保持冷靜。 That's why it's hard to fault James for putting that heckling fan in his place Friday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills during the Heat's 106-92 victory against the Detroit Pistons. 所以這也是為什麼你很難去怪罪LBJ對球迷的反應。 Wherever you stand on James' exchange with that heckler, you have to acknowledge this unwritten rule in Trash Talk 101: Say what you want, but leave a man's mother and his kids out of it. It should apply to heckling, too. 不管你站在哪個角度看這件事,你必須認同在垃圾話的世界裡也有 白紙黑字沒有寫的一些規範:你可以說任何事,但是不要把人家老母小孩 牽扯進來。這個規範應該用在嗆聲上也很合宜。 And if you're honest with yourself, you've probably got his back on this one. There should be an emphasis here on the words “ honest” and “probably.” Because with the way folks feel about James these days, you can't take anything for granted with the most polarizing figure in all of sports. 而如果你能很誠實的面對自己,你或許應該要站在LBJ這一邊。 這邊要強調「誠實」和「或許」。因為在今天的NBA球迷對LBJ 的態度,我不能保證任何一件事(即使看似黑白分明)。 LBJ應該是所有運動裡擁有最兩極化球迷的。 But if James thought what he heard in Detroit was harsh, imagine what might be waiting in Boston when the Heat face the Celtics on national television Sunday at TD Garden. 不過如果LBJ認為他在活塞聽到的攻擊很糟,那在Boston等著的可能更可怕。 James could have simply ignored the heckler who was seated a few feet behind the Heat's bench when the first verbal barb was launched during a break in play late in the first quarter of the game. LBJ昨天或許可以很簡單的去忽略這個嗆聲者。 That's when the heckler shouted, “LeBron, is your mom going to Boston for Valentine's Day?” 這個嗆聲球員喊的是「LeBron,你老媽要去Boston過情人節嘛?」 It serves no purpose to get into the rumors, scuttlebutt and nonsense that serve as background and context for what the man said to James. What I do know, from where I sat essentially sandwiched between the heckler and James, is that LeBron either pretended like he didn't hear it, or he simply chose to ignore it. 當然像這樣一個沒經過證實的謠言,荒謬沒有大腦的言論讓他流於 做背景音是ok的。 我確信的是(我坐的位置是處於嗆聲者和LBJ之間)LBJ一開始的確 假裝他沒聽到,或是假裝忽略他。 It was as if common sense briefly tugged James in one direction as he paced the sideline during that brief break in play. But then pride pulled him back into the fray. He took a step toward the scorer's table and engaged the senselessness. 就像LBJ平常忽略這些嗆聲者一樣的,他往熱火球員區走去。 但是LBJ內心的自尊又把他拉回來。他往回走向計分台而向這個 無腦言論挑戰。 “What did you say to me?” James said to the fan, who later declined to give his name to ESPN.com. 「你剛剛對我說啥?」LBJ對這個拒絕說名字的球迷說。 “I said, 'Is your mom going to Boston for Valentine's Day?'” the heckler repeated, sounding both thrilled that he had an audience with LeBron and intimidated by the moment. 「我是說,你老母要去Boston過情人節嘛?」嗆聲者聽起來有點膽怯 並且帶著有點恐懼的聲音說著。 This is the moment when you need to know that what was said isn't as important as why it was said. First, any insulting reference made about anyone's mother is out of line. Secondly, LeBron's kids were seated a few feet away, near the Heat's bench. So LeBron was not only insulted about his mother, he felt his kids were also insulted by the reference made about their grandmother. 這就是你要知道「說什麼」並沒有比「為什麼這樣說」來的重要。 (這裡暗示的是大家都知道為什麼球迷這樣說,這就像ptt上 很多推文會偷渡關鍵字一樣 ^^) 第一,對任何人的老媽攻擊都是差勁的。第二,LBJ的兩個小孩 都坐在附近。所以LBJ並不只是被這句話污辱到他老媽,他也感覺 到他的小孩的祖母也被污辱了。 I'm not even sure LeBron Jr., 6, and Bryce, 3, heard or understood the heckler. And I'm confident the heckler didn't know LeBron's kids were there, let alone within earshot of his remark. But that's not the point. I've seen, firsthand, how LeBron has ignored much more vile comments in the past. 我是不清楚六歲和三歲的小LeBron知不知道嗆聲意義和在。 不過我也確定嗆聲者是不知道小LeBron就坐在附近。 但這些都不是重點。我曾第一手觀察過LBJ過去如何忽略 一些來自球迷更毒的攻擊。 I sat with security officers near the Heat's bench for the entire fourth quarter of LeBron's Dec. 2 return to Cleveland just to take in all of the heated, insulting and degrading comments that showered him as he sat with teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh for the duration of that blowout. 我在LBJ回騎士那一場比賽就坐在熱火球員席後方,我在第四節時, 當LCD都在板凳休息時,後面的球迷是怎麼用最火爆、污辱 以及沒格調的語言辱罵LBJ的。 Say what you will about LeBron's method of departure from Cleveland. But you have to admire his tolerance level for the type of vitriol he regularly hears on the road. The rage is real. I still debate whether it really rises to the level of hate, because that's such a strong word. Look up the definition, and if it applies to how you feel about any athlete you don't truly know, there's a problem. 你可以對LBJ離開騎士的方法說任何事。但是你不得不佩服LBJ對 這些球迷辱罵的忍受度是非常高的。球迷的憤怒是真實的。 不過我還是在思考這算是一種厭惡嘛?因為厭惡是一個很強烈的字眼。 如果你有去查過字典,那你就會發現把這個字(厭惡)用在一個 你根本不真正認識的球員身上本身就是個問題。 LeBron has engaged hecklers before. He shot back at a fan in Oklahoma City for wearing an ugly leather jacket. He's sparred with Spike Lee in New York. At times, the banter is playful. At other times, it borders on pathetic. This time, it was simply too personal. Mothers and/or kids were involved. LBJ是有和嗆聲者吵過架的歷史的。 他曾經在OKC和NYC都做過。有時候這種對話是有趣的。但是有時候, 這類嗆聲是很悲哀的。這一次,這個嗆聲則太人身攻擊了: 老媽和小孩都被包括進來了。 “I don't care what you say to me,” James told the heckler. “I don't give a [expletive] what you say. But don't be disrespectful. ” 「我不在乎你要對我說啥,我去你的一點都不在乎你要說啥。 但是不要太不尊重別人了。」LBJ對嗆聲者是這樣說的。 What happened immediately after LeBron's response was both surprising and moving. The heckler backed down in the notorious Palace, a place where a hecklers' convention is basically held every night the Pistons play a home game against a team with anyone worth rooting against. But just as the heckler sat down, two women sitting a few seats down the row -- two women wearing Pistons jerseys -- stood up and came to James' defense. 在LBJ對嗆聲者反應過後,發生了一件讓我覺得很驚訝也有點感動的事。 嗆聲者坐下了。但是兩個坐在嗆聲者後幾排座位的女士,穿著 底特律的球衣,竟然站起來替LBJ說話。 “That's right, LeBron. Tell him,” they said, simultaneously. “ There's a way to be respectful.” 「你做的對,LeBron,告訴他嗆聲也是可以有格調的。」兩個女士幾乎 同時說。 Play resumed, and the two women went on ripping the Heat from their first-row seats. 當比賽又繼續開始時,這兩位底特律的死忠粉絲繼續替主場加油, 一路咒罵著熱火隊。 I spent a good portion of the rest of the game talking to the heckler, trying to search for his logic. He said his comments weren't offensive. What was offensive, he said, was the curse word James used. He also said James needs to have thicker skin. 我則花了一些時間跟嗆聲者聊了一會兒,試著去找出他的邏輯何在。 他說他的評論並沒有很激烈。他反而說LBJ說去你的才是髒話帶人身攻擊。 他並且說LBJ臉皮太薄。 I then talked to the Palace security officer who came over to warn the heckler, who was told the next inappropriate thing he shouted would be the last thing he'd get a chance to say. The man, who claimed to be a Pistons season-ticket holder, was relatively quiet the rest of the game. 我接下來則跟主場的安全人員聊了聊,安全人員跑來跟嗆聲者說 如果他再有什麼不妥的舉動,那可能就要請他離場了。 這位說自己有季票的嗆聲者則相對安靜的看完了剩下的比賽。 At the end of the night, I talked to LeBron a bit after the media circle around him had cleared. I asked him why he hesitated to say something to the man when he first heard the comment. Usually, there's no middle ground when someone goes the “your momma” route. 比賽結束後,我跑去問LBJ這件事。我問他為什麼一開始好像有點 遲疑要不要對這個傢伙有所反應。畢竟通常扯到你老母,事情是 沒有灰色地帶的。 Either you lash back on instinct. Or you walk away under composure. 不是你本能的罵回去,不然就是你保持冷靜的走開。 “I thought about it, yeah,” James said. “I felt I needed to say something. As I said before, you have to draw the line somewhere. Fans can say whatever they want to say. But there are times when it's not right. I had to say something.” LBJ說「我的確想過,是的。我覺得我應該要說些話。就像我之前說的, 你必須對這些事情畫條紅線。球迷可以說他們任何想說的話, 但是有時候說的太扯,我就必須說些話。」 James had only one regret, one thing he would have done differently. He would have taken back the curse word, one that was picked up by the television broadcast. Heat sideline reporter Jason Jackson later apologized to viewers during the broadcast. LBJ對這件事只有一點後悔的地方,一點他會做不一樣的地方。 他會把髒話拿掉,這髒話也被轉播收音收到。而熱火的邊線播報員 之後為這個收音對觀眾道歉。 “My kids were there,” James said. “I had to make sure I was careful what I said around them. I don't want them going around saying, 'Daddy said a bad word.'” 「我小孩在那,我必須要小心我口裡噴出什麼話。我當然不想他們 從我口中說出髒話。」LBJ對他為何或許會改口如此說著。 Well, “Daddy” did. 嗯,不過老爸真的這樣說了。 This was one of many episodes that makes James such a compelling and complex figure. 這也是為什麼LBJ是個複雜又充滿矛盾的人。 He cursed in front of his kids while coming to what he felt was their defense. He protects the same mother he once told to “sit your [expletive] down,” during a game when she approached the court after James was fouled hard by the Celtics as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers. 他在他小孩面前罵出髒話,但是卻是為了要保護他們等等等。 Whether you cover the guy or curse him as a fan, he often leaves you shaking your head in amazement at his rich talent. Then, the very next moment, you're shaking your head in bewilderment. LBJ就是LBJ,永遠讓愛她恨他的球迷充滿驚奇。 But that's LeBron. And like many of us, he has a breaking point, too. There are some things you just can't say to a man. On Friday, James showed where than line is drawn. 即使如此,LeBron像所有普羅大眾一樣都有個臨界點。 有些事情你就是不能去說。而LBJ告訴了大家他的界線在哪。 Unfortunately for some, he legitimized the heckler by responding to him. How many more of them might James have inspired with his reaction? 但是對一些專業搞怪的嗆聲專家而言,他給了他們合理化的舉動。 LBJ回嘴的舉動會讓這些傢伙整個嗨起來。 And now, there's no telling what he might hear from the crowd when the Heat face the Boston Celtics on Sunday. Heck, forget the crowd. 而現在我們無法預測Boston的粉絲會對他說什麼話。 切,忘了粉絲吧。 LeBron might have a hard enough time trying to tune out Kevin Garnett. LBJ先想想要怎麼對付KG吧。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 76.126.251.156 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 58.114.81.173 ※ 編輯: Paraguay 來自: 58.114.81.173 (02/15 15:53)