精華區beta LeBronJames 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 MiamiHeat 看板 #1FKD8ofg ] 作者: johntw (johntw) 看板: MiamiHeat 標題: [外電] LBJ與大哥Olajuwon。 時間: Fri Mar 2 21:59:12 2012 原文:http://tinyurl.com/753bmqo Hakeem Olajuwon had never even met LeBron James until 14 months ago. Now, it's as if the two are old friends. Ola在14個月前第一次與LBJ見面,但現在他們兩個就算老朋友。 Olajuwon lives in Jordan during the NBA season, catching James' Heat games whenever he can. But he'll be back in the U.S. for a short visit later this month and will be spend the summer in Houston. NBA球季進行時,Ola住在約旦,他會儘量追蹤LBJ的比賽,他在這個月末會回美國待 一小段時間,夏天時會待在休斯頓。 "I would hug him," the Hall of Famer said when asked how he would greet the future Hall of Famer when he next sees him. "The friendship is real. I'm like a big brother (to James)." 當被問到下次碰到LBJ時,會如何打招呼,Ola稱:我會抱抱他,我們有真實的友誼 ,我就像他LBJ的大哥。 Olajuwon first met James at a Dec. 29, 2010 Miami at Houston game. James, who entered the NBA in 2003, obviously knew all about Olajuwon's legendary career as a center from 1984-2002, all but his final season spent with the Rockets. 兩人首次見面是在2010年12月29日熱火拜訪火箭時,LBJ對於Ola的傳奇生涯知之 甚詳。 James had heard about Olajuwon working with Lakers guard Kobe Bryant in 2009. So when the Heat lost the NBA Finals last spring to Dallas, James wanted to do everything he could to improve his game. LBJ聽說Ola在2009年曾幫Kobe訓練。在去年總冠軍賽輸給小牛後,LBJ想盡一切可能 進一步精進球技。 James, a 6-foot-8, 250-pounder who nearly every night has a physical advantage over opposing small forwards, knew he had to improve his post game. And what better place to turn than to Olajuwon, who had perhaps the best post moves of any big man ever to play the game. LBJ六呎八吋,250磅,幾乎對位任一位小前鋒都有優勢,他知道自己必須提升低位技 術,向Ola這可說擁有史上最佳低位步伐的長人學習堪稱為最佳徒徑。 So James, going though mutual acquaintances, arranged to work out with Olajuwon last August at his ranch outside Houston. The master of the "Dream Shake" showed some of his secrets to James during three-hour sessions over four days. Everything was videotaped, enabling James to continue to study what the master taught. 兩人透過共同的熟人接洽,去年8月於Ola位於休斯頓市郊的牧場訓練。在為期四 天,每天三小時的訓練中,Dream Shake大師展示了一些他的秘技給LBJ,並全程錄 影,以便LBJ爾後能持續練習。 "The joy to me is that I get to know that I can add significant value to his career," Olajuwon said from Amman, Jordan, where he makes his home most of the year with the exception of some trips back to the U.S. and spending summers in Houston. 平時住在約旦阿曼市的Ola說:對我來說最大的樂趣是知道自己可以為LBJ生涯增添巨 大的成功。 Olajuwon, a native of Nigeria, is a Muslim who lives in Jordan because he enjoys the lifestyle and wants his seven children, ages 2 to 14, to go to school there to become bilingual in both English and Arabic. He catches on television highlights of James and has seen two complete games, a December exhibition against Orlando and the Jan. 29 game in which James had 35 points, 11 rebounds and five assists in a 97-93 win over Chicago. Ola在電視上看過本季LBJ的精彩剪接及兩場完整的熱火比賽,其中一場是對魔術的 熱身賽,另一場是對公牛的例行賽。 For the most part, Olajuwon likes what he's seen. James, averaging 27.7, points, 8.2 rebounds and 6.8 assists while shooting a career-high 54.9 percent, is heading toward a possible third MVP award. 總體來說,Ola滿意他所看到的。 "He's doing fantastic," Olajuwon said. "He should (win MVP), no question about it. The statistics speak for themselves." "他作的很棒,他應該贏得MVP,無庸置疑,數據會說話。",Ola說。 But Olajuwon still believes James, 27, is just scratching the surface. With some further work, he anticipates James will be even better. Ola仍認為LBJ現在只開發皮毛,他預期LBJ若再繼續練習,應該可以表現的更好。 "I knew he recorded everything we worked on," Olajuwon said. "I know he's practiced it. I can see that. But the comfort level, when you get into the competition, you start playing to your strengths, which is more of (an) outside (game). I see him post up. But I still see a lot of opportunities there. He's not capitalizing as much as he should. He needs more of a refresher course where he can become more comfortable. I see him (improving his post game), but he needs more time." Ola說:我知道他錄了我們練習的一切,而且持續練習,看的出來。但球賽趨於緊張時 ,球員會習慣打他的強項,而LBJ的主張強項是外線。看來出來LBJ有在打低位,但還 是有很多機會浪費掉,他還沒完全利用。他需要更多進修、練習,才能在低位打的自 在,他的低位有進步,但還需要更多時間適應、練習。 James said he's up for a refresher course with Olajuwon but realizes it could be tough to get in this summer since he'll be playing for Team USA at the Olympics. Frank Rutherford, Olajuwon's workout coordinator, said James recently texted him to see if Olajuwon might be able to provide some pointers on a stop in Miami when he soon visits the U.S. But Olajuwon primarily will be in Houston, where the Heat don't play during this lockout-shortened season, and it remains to be seen if any sort of get-together can be arranged. LBJ說他會繼續向Ola拜師進修,但由於今年暑期必須代表美國打奧運,可能有困難 。Ola的助理訓練說LBJ最近傳簡訊給他,問Ola最近這次回到美國時,是否可能到邁 阿密一趟,但Ola這次返美大部分時間會待在休斯頓,而熱火今年不會到休斯頓打客 場,所以兩人短期內是否能相遇,還不一定。 For now, James said he's quite content with what he has learned from Olajuwon. "It's helped me a lot," James said. "I'm more comfortable. I'm more comfortable down there late in games. I can go down there and I know I can get a bucket or a foul and I know I'm going to get a good look. It's more of a high-percentage shot than being out on the perimeter at times. "And that's part of the reason why my percentages have gone up. Free throws have gone up (from last season). And that's part of the reason I'm shooting my best three-point (percentage of his career at 43.1). Because I feel more comfortable in the post, I'm not taking as many threes. I got a lot of insight from Hakeem." 目前為止,LBJ對於他從Ola處所學得的技術感到滿意。 LBJ說:這對我幫助很大,我(打低位)有自信、自在多了,比賽後段也比較敢打低位了。 打到低位時,我知道自己可以投籃得分,或獲得罰球,我知道自己可以得到不錯的機會, 在低位命中率比外線高。這幫助我命中率提高,罰球命中率提高,甚至三分命中率新高 。因為我在低位自在多了,我不再投那麼多三分球,我從Ola那兒得到很多真知。 But Olajuwon only can imagine how good James would be if he fully can hone some of the principles being taught by the big man, who averaged 21.8 points and 11.1 rebounds in his career, is the NBA's all-time leading shot-blocker and who won an MVP and two titles with the Rockets. Ola難以想像若LBJ對他所教一切融匯貫通,LBJ可以成為什麼樣的球員。 "But the second year, he should be comfortable so that he's dominant inside," Olajuwon said of James using some of his moves. "He can be an animal inside. He has such tremendous talent and such a strong body that he should be punishing people in the post. There should be no answer for him. Just imagine that he's unstoppable know. But can you imagine (how much more unstoppable James could be). Ola說:第二年起,他(在低位)應該會很有自信,到時他可以統治內線。他可以成為低 位怪獸,有他的天份才能、強橫肉體,應該痛宰內線的所有人,他在內線應該無解。 他現在就難以抵擋,但你能想像進化後的他會如何讓敵隊無法抵抗嗎? "He can be in a position where you always have to double or triple-team him in the post. Here's a big guy with the ball handling (skills) of a guard. With all these new tools, he can destroy the league." 他可以達到一進低位,敵隊就必須雙人或三人包夾的境界。他是一個有後衛控球能 力的大隻佬,增加這些新武器,他可以摧毀這聯盟。(太長了,懶得翻了,有時間再補上。) But James didn't exactly feel superhuman after the devastating 4-2 Finals loss his Heat suffered to the Mavericks. Not long after that, James sent out signals he wanted to work out with Olajuwon. Helping the arrangement take place was that Maverick Carter, James' business manager, had played at Western Michigan with Reggie Berry, whom Rutherford helped raise in Houston. Rutherford, the 1992 Olympic bronze medalist in the triple jump for the Bahamas, has been very close with Olajuwon since the two both attended the University of Houston in the early 1980s and trained him during the latter part of his NBA career. To learn from Olajuwon, James agreed to donate an undisclosed amount to Rutherford's Elite Bahaman Education Program, a charity in which Rutherford brings young athletes from his native land to Houston to attend school with the hope of getting a college scholarship. In addition to Bryant, Olajuwon also has worked in 2010 and 2011 with Orlando center Dwight Howard, last year with NBA big men Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez and Marcin Gortat and previously with former Rockets center Yao Ming. Olajuwon said he worked with Howard for free the first time but Howard agreed to pay him for the second set of sessions. James' sessions were held on Olajuwon's sprawling ranch in Katy, Texas, about 30 miles west of Houston. In what James called "an unbelievable setting," Olajuwon has turned a barn-like structure that once was used for cattle auctions into a gym. "It's something your eyes need to see to appreciate," said Rutherford, who attended the sessions. "You walk inside and there's a big No. 34 (Olajuwon's retired jersey number) on the floor and above the court hangs this big banner that used to hang in the Summit (the arena where Olajuwon played with the Rockets) that says he's the NBA's all-time leading shot blocker. Then on each end there are huge garage doors that he turned into glass so you can see the beauty of the ranch on both ends. The workouts were scheduled to begin each day at 9 a.m. While Olajuwon did show up regularly on time, James always was already there, sometimes having arrived by 8:20. "He would be there stretched and ready to go," Olajuwon said. "That says a lot about him and his determination. I was impressed that he couldn't wait to get started." After all, James considered it a business trip. "I went there to put in work," James said. "That's what it's all about. I didn't want to do anything else but to get better." Others attending the sessions were former NBA guard Damon Jones, who lives in Houston and provided assistance on the court, four James staff members and several Olajuwon staffers. The workouts were videotaped by representatives for both James and Olajuwon. While James' primary motivation was to improve his post game, Olajuwon stressed he also worked with James on other moves. Despite being 7-foot, Olajuwon had the agility to do damage after taking a player outside. "He explained to me that after the Finals the disappointment that he had and he wanted to see ways he could improve," Olajuwon said. "It wasn't just working on post moves. It's also to create space, to beat your guy either outside or inside. So we are teaching him how to freeze a guy, how to shoot at the moment he's on the ground and he can't jump. You get him to shift his weight on one leg so he can't jump at that moment. Ola並非只教低位單打,也教了LBJ如何創造空間及凍結防守球員,先讓防守球員的重心 在某一腳上,然後投籃,該防守球員就無法起跳阻攔。 "We take those same principles now into the post and then we expand his whole game. The mentality is to beat your guy, create space to shoot over him." Rutherford said James was so impressed with what Olajuwon was teaching that sometimes his "eyes would open up and say ‘wow."' But Olajuwon is a tough guy to fully please. Watching James play this season, Olajuwon stressed he "still stays outside a lot" and there have been opportunities to take his man into the post "he didn't recognize." Still, there were some post moves James against the Bulls that made Olajuwon feel like one proud mentor. He talked about one in which he spun baseline and another in which he created space in the middle of the lane and made a short shot over Chicago's Ronnie Brewer. "That is what we call, ‘All Day,' because there is no answer," Olajuwon said of James being able to dominate by going inside against the 6-7, 220-pound Brewer. While Olajuwon has worked with plenty of players, he gives them different advice tailored to their abilities and playing style. He likened it to a doctor not providing every patient the same prescription. Olajuwon, 49, also talked with James about life. The two had some candid conversations. "A lot of people don't open up to you," James said. "Sometimes a lot of people are scared to open up to you, and the fact that we were able to open up to one another in that week's time, was great. It was overwhelming. I'm humbled and blessed that he gave me the opportunity to be with him." Olajuwon spoke to James about finances and offered some tips on real estate, another field in which Olajuwon has had much success. And, yes, he talked to the nine-year man about never having won a championship. Olajuwon knows all about that kind of pressure. He didn't win a title until his 10th season, finally breaking through in 1994 and then picking up another ring the next year, "I think it creates more value when you finally accomplish it," Olajuwon said of having told James about his long wait. "If he can develop his whole game and score at will, the championship will be automatic. It's just a matter of time. He's on the right team. He will have an opportunity to win it all. He's put himself in position where they can go every year and not just win one championship but more." If James can continue to expand his game, Olajuwon figures he has the talent to go down as one of the greatest players ever. "You want to be not just be a superstar, you want to be a legend that they're always talking about way after your career," Olajuwon said about why he's pushing James so much and welcomes the opportunity to give him a refresher course. The big brother became a legend. Now, he's passing on some of his wisdom so his little brother can join him. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 111.252.161.204
bosskiss00:推!! 可借轉嗎? 03/02 22:03
w61036:好文推!謝囉!! 03/02 22:04
oldgigi2266:大夢的夢幻步伐會重現嗎 03/02 22:06
w61036:酸酸:皮毛?摸毛金身?? 03/02 22:08
johntw:歡迎轉載使用。 03/02 22:08
bbbruce:歐拉天王耶!! 03/02 22:20
lucifel0128:天王耶!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 03/02 22:25
wii128:歐拉歐拉 我的真主 03/02 22:29
nctucch17170:LBJ還指發揮皮毛而已..... 要是得到真傳不就..... 03/02 22:41
rammstein:這種練武奇才 怎麼不去學學大歐天生神力打法? 03/02 22:44
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ※ 轉錄者: nctucch17170 (140.113.7.249), 時間: 03/02/2012 22:47:30
BossHsu:邁向巔峰! 03/02 23:23