精華區beta LeBronJames 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板 #1GM5C4uq ] 作者: lollygagger (chivalry's alive) 看板: NBA 標題: [外絮] Q&A with … Bill Russell 時間: Tue Sep 18 18:54:53 2012 The Q&A: Russell on his health, the Olympics and today's NBA http://0rz.tw/VOQ92 NBA.com Posted Sep 13, 2012 12:50 PM (節錄) NBA.com: What were your impressions of the performance of the U.S. Men's Olympic Team in London? Bill Russell: I thought they were a really good team. The longer they played together, the more they worked together and that's a good sign. If they had to play 10 games -- and I don't recall how many they played -- they were much better in the 10th game than they were in the first game and that's because they all knew how to play and how to be a good teammate. And that's the most important thing in a team effort. NBA官網(以下簡稱官):你對美國男籃代表隊在倫敦的表現,印象如何? Bill Russell(以下簡稱 BR ):他們是相當優秀的隊伍,而且越後來打得越好, 這是好現象。我記不清他們總共打了幾場球,假設十場好了,我記得他們第十場打 得比第一場要好多了。因為這些人都是好手,也知道怎麼當個好隊友,這就是團隊 籃球裏最重要的事。 NBA.com: There was a lot of discussion about which team was better: the 1992 Dream Team or the 2012 team. Where do you side in that debate? Russell: I have this theory that it's impossible to play against ghosts -- past, present or future. That kind of discussion is for non-participants. It's like video games. Whenever someone would ask me how I would play against this guy or that guy, I always thought that it was like playing against ghosts. Past, present and future and I never get into that discussion. You can only play against your contemporaries. Basketball -- out of all of the sports -- is the most evolving. Whoever the best player is, that's how the game is played for a generation. You never hear the name George Mikan being discussed. But George Mikan won five championships in six years and where does that put him among the all-time greatest players? You can't do it because the game is always changing. The game is dictated by centers. You had Mikan, Wilt, Kareem. Then you build off that with the forwards, Elgin, Larry Bird. Then there is Michael and the guards. Each era produces a style of play. For someone to say this style of play is better than this style of play, that person doesn't know what they are talking about. So, I never get into that discussion. 官: 1992 年夢一和 2012 夢十熟強孰強孰弱的話題引起輿論激辯,你選哪邊站 呢? BR:我有個理論:你沒辦法穿越時空跟人對決。這類討論應該是局外人茶餘飯後 的消遣,就像電玩一樣。每次有人問我你跟誰比如何,我就覺得又來了,是要我 穿越時空嗎?不管是過去,現在,還是未來,我都不會加入這種討論。要比也只 能跟同期的比。 在所有運動中,籃球算是變動最快的了。我們說誰打得最好,通常那只表示,在 當代籃球是那樣打的。 你沒有聽人大肆討論喬治麥肯,可是他六年內拿了五次冠軍。但那又如何?他們 排史上最佳球員時把他排第幾?所以什麼史上最佳根本無從界定,因為籃球打法 永遠在演變。曾經籃球是中峰的天下,像麥肯、張伯倫、賈霸。然後大家拿前峰 當建隊基石,如艾金貝勒和大鳥。接著後衛的時代來臨,有麥可(喬丹)等一干 後衛。 每一個時代有其獨特的球風。如果有人硬是覺得這個時代比那個時代的打法好, 我只能說那些人根本不了解自己在幹嘛。我是從來不願做這種比較。 NBA.com: Talk about the all-time great Olympic teams is usually reserved for the Dream Team or the 1960 Olympic team featuring Jerry West and Oscar Robertson. Yet, you don't hear anything about the 1956 team, which you played on. That team won by an average of 53.5 points in Sydney. Is the '56 team overshadowed? Russell: I don't know. We just went out and tried to win each game by the biggest margin that we could. But the game has evolved so much since then. Over the years since then, we have sent players and coaches all over the planet, teaching the game. Today, there are players from Italy, Spain and South America who can compete favorably with America's best. That was not the case when we were playing. At that time, it was an American game and now it's a world game. I don't feel like we were overlooked. The only thing that I go by is the gold medal and that's what we were playing for. 官:說到史上最佳的美國奧運男籃代表隊,通常大家會想到近年的夢幻隊,或者有 傑瑞衛斯特、奧斯卡羅賓森的 1960 年那屆。你參與的 1956 年那屆卻甚少有人言 及,而當年你們在雪梨可說見神殺神、見佛殺佛,場均大贏 53.5 分。你覺得 1956 年的美國男籃有比別屆差嗎? BR:不知道耶。我們只是盡可能用最高勝分贏下每一場球賽。但是這麼多年來,籃 球已經進步得太多了。從六零年代至今,美國輸出了很多籃球員、教練人才到世界 各地。 現在,義大利、西班牙,和南美洲的籃球實力,跟美國最出色的籃球員比也毫不遜 色。當年我們在打的時侯不是這樣,當時籃球是美國獨大的運動,而今籃球已經推 廣到全世界了。 我不覺得我那屆被人小看了。我唯一在意的事就是金牌,這也是當年我們努力的目 標:為金牌而戰。 NBA.com: Focusing on the offseason, the Celtics made a few moves. Do you think they can emerge out of the East with the additions of Jason Terry and Courtney Lee, despite losing Ray Allen? Russell: You don't know how they will play together. Getting a better player doesn't necessarily make you a better team. That may sound kind of weird. You may acquire a player with better statistics but may not make you a better team. Red Auerbach and the Celtics, we used to talk about that all the time. The question you have to ask yourself, 'How does his style fit with what you are going to put him with and will it make you a better team?' What Miami is doing is similar to a theory that Red used to have. You have a core group and you bring in some veterans so you don't have rookies coming off the bench. Most of the time it worked but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, we would bring a veteran in hoping to get one more year out of them but they were psychologically destructive, so we can only use them one year. They were not about winning. They were about their career. See, a lot of guys give lip service to the concept of winning but they don't mean it. 官:針對這次休賽季,塞爾堤克補強了好些人。你認為失去雷艾倫,可是補了 傑森泰瑞、寇克尼李的塞爾堤克,能不能在東區出頭? BR:要看球員融合得如何。我的哲學是球員強,球隊不一定強。聽起來有點矛盾 吧,可是事實如此。你可以找來數據漂亮的球員,但整個球隊卻未必相得益彰。 這道理以前在塞爾堤克,紅頭教練和我們常常聊到。 重點在於,你補強的球員,他的球風適不適合你的球隊,能不能讓你的球隊變得 更好。 現在熱火的做法就跟紅頭的理論有點像。你有個建隊核心,然後搭配一些老將, 乍看一切美好,問題是你的新人沒有上場歷練的時間,練不出來了。所以很多時 侯找老將來配球隊很有效,但有時則不然。還有一種狀況是,你找老將來,想燃 燒他們青春的尾巴,殊不知人家已是養老心態,了無鬥志,最後用了一年不了了 之。 很多人會嚷嚷著為了贏球才轉隊,但求勝心倒未必那麼重,主要想延續自己的職 業生涯罷了。 NBA.com: Were you surprised Ray Allen left the Celtics to sign with Miami? Russell: No. During the playoffs, I kept hearing people say that his legs were going so his jump shot wasn't as effective. Sometimes, management doesn't make their own decisions and takes the word of someone who doesn't really know. So, Ray can be a boost to Miami. But Jason Terry going to the Celtics can also be a boost. Basically, you're trading a shooter for a scrapper. So, you have to see how it blends in with the guys who you kept. 官:對於雷艾倫離開塞爾堤克跟熱火簽約,你感到意外嗎? BR:不會。在打季後賽的時侯,我就聽到風聲說他骨刺毛病犯了,所以投得不若 平時那麼好。有時上位的人該做的決定不做,反倒聽從一些根本不懂籃球的人, 事情就變這樣了。反正雷可能幫熱火一把,但傑森泰瑞一樣也可能對塞爾堤克有 益。基本上,這交易是射手換小鋼炮,成果如何,就要看跟各自球隊磨合的情況 了。 NBA.com: Do you think the Heat will repeat? Russell: You can't predict this far ahead. When I played, every year, we started the year like we never won the championship. Red used to say, 'That was then and this is now.' If you go out there with the attitude that, 'We're the champs and you have to come to us,' well, that can be destructive. 官:你覺得熱火能蟬聯總冠軍嗎? BR:球季還沒開打,現在預測言之過早。我當球員的時侯,每一年都是新的開始,我 們總當自己從沒拿過冠軍,來面對每一年的挑戰。紅頭常常說,「以前是以前,現在 是現在。」如果以拿過冠軍而自滿,把架子端得老高的話,可能沒什麼好下場。 NBA.com: What improvement did you notice in LeBron James' game during the NBA Finals? Russell: He played the way he's always played. And he learned a lot over the years. I remember watching him in the 2007 NBA Finals versus the Spurs and he was extraordinarily good. And he's just gotten better at what he does and he does the same things. 官:你看上季的總冠軍系列戰中,樂邦詹姆士的球技有什麼進步沒有? BR:他就是用他一貫的方式打球,而且他這幾年來也學了不少東西。我記得 2007 年 看他跟馬刺爭冠的那個系列賽,他打得就算優異非凡了。這些年更是有進無退,而且 打法也沒變。 NBA.com: Bill Bradley called you by far the smartest player to ever play in the NBA. Who among today's players stands out from a basketball IQ standpoint? Russell: I don't think there is such a thing as a great athlete who's dumb. He knows what he's doing and the great ones never approach a game and see what's going to happen, they approach the game to make things happen. I would never say who is the smartest but there are some players who stand out. Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash. Those guys all know what they're doing. They go out to do things, not to see what's going on. What I admire about Kevin Durant is that he even though he's the leading scorer, he's not always the first option. And that's unusual for an elite scorer because they are usually the first option. Kevin gets his points within the flow of the offense. I don't recall seeing him calling for the ball. There are probably a dozen-and-a-half guys who know how to play. 官:比爾布萊利認為你是NBA有史以來最聰明的球員。現在的球員有哪些人籃球 智商特別高的? BR:我想只要是偉大的球員,就沒有笨的。這樣的球員知道自己在幹麻,他們打球不 是光看著場上發生什麼事,他們上場就是要有所作為。 我從不講「最」這個字,所以我不會說誰最聰明。但的確有些人比起來是特別一點, 比如德瑞克羅斯、典偉、樂邦詹姆士、凱文賈奈特、科比布萊恩、史萊夫奈許,這些 人腦筋清楚,是上場去做事,而非看戲的人物。 我欣賞凱文杜蘭特一點,他雖身為隊上首要得分手,卻未必總是第一個出手,這對 得分好手來說很特別,因為通常首要得分手都是第一個出手的。凱文拿分數都是在 團隊對攻中找機會,很少看他在要球。 不用老是一球在手,但很會得分的,大概也就那麼十來個人。 NBA.com: No one played with more pride than you did during your career. Who among today's players play with the most pride? Russell: That's hard to say. Which pride? Pride is what? Pride in how my team does or pride in how I do? See, that's two different kinds of pride. I always look at the guys when they do their best, does it help the team. There are some guys who can have a tremendous night statistically and their team loses. Players today such as Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, LeBron, these guys are first and foremost team guys. A player who doesn't get much attention and is one of my favorites to watch is Joakim Noah. The Bulls don't utilize some of his skills. Not only is he a good rebounder but he's an excellent passer. A good passer is more important to a team than a good shooter on offense. These guys are among my favorites to watch. I like to see if they can take a guy's skills and have them contribute to winning. 官:沒有人能像你一樣,在NBA生涯拿過那麼多榮耀了。現在的球員誰最榮耀? BR;這很難講。誰的榮耀?又如何定義榮耀?是球隊成就,還是個人成就?所以你看, 其實榮耀有兩種。我永遠把注意力放在那些盡全力成就球隊的人身上。有些人則是一個 晚上打下來,數據漂亮到不行,但球隊卻輸了。 現在像凱文杜蘭特、德瑞克羅斯、樂邦,是團隊至上的球員。還有一個大家不怎麼留意 ,但我也愛看的:喬欽諾亞。公牛沒能把他的功用完全發揮出來。他不但籃板抓得好, 傳球意識又高明。進攻方面,與其有好射手,不如有人擅於傳球。 我比較愛看的就是這些人。我喜歡看球隊如何善用人才幫隊上贏球。 NBA.com: When you watch a game in person or on TV, what are you focusing on? Russell: I watch where the players set up. The really good players do as much without the ball as they do with the ball. In fact, they do more without the ball than they do with the ball. They don't need the ball a whole lot. I enjoy watching to see how they set themselves up to get the ball where they want it and how they want it. And that takes as much skill as it does to go one on one and in a lot of situations, it takes more skill because you have to coordinate it with the guy who is passing you the ball. 官:你在現場看球,或看球賽轉播的時侯,會留意哪些事情? BR:我會留神看球員怎麼跑位。真正優秀的球員,空手能做的事,跟持球時能做的事 不相上下。我甚至覺得,優秀的球員空手時能做的事情更多,根本不需老把球黏在手 上。我特別喜歡觀察他們要球的技巧,怎麼用計,在自己想要的位置、時機上讓球落 到自己手中。這可是需要比一對一單打更細膩的技術,因為你得跟傳球給你的人合作 無間。 NBA.com: Dwight Howard is coming off of back surgery, if he's healthy, what will he add to the Lakers? Russell: We'll have to see. In Orlando, some of his skills went underused. Now, playing in L.A., with a different group and a different emphasis, how will they use his skills in order to win? With the addition of Steve Nash as well, the Lakers can be very, very good. It's going to take them at least half a season -- at least -- before we know how good they can be. 官:杜外郝爾德還在養背傷,如果他傷癒復出,能為湖人加強哪些地方? BR:到時侯看才知道了。在奧蘭多時,他有些才華沒能發揮。現在到湖人,隊友不 同,球隊主力也不同了,球隊要好好想想怎麼善用他來贏球。史蒂夫奈許的加入也 一樣,都能讓湖人變得非常非常可怕。不過,最最起碼也得觀察他們半個球季,才 能知道到底他們能可怕到什麼地步。 NBA.com: Will Jeremy Lin thrive in Houston like he did in New York? Russell: We'll see. In New York, his teammates were able to get off their own shot. Now in a different situation in Houston, will he be able to help the guys that don't or can't necessarily get their own shot? If he does that, he can be very good. A recent example of that is what we saw Steve Nash do in Phoenix last season. 官:林書豪在火箭,也能像在紐約那樣,掀起林來瘋嗎? BR:等著看吧。在紐約,他的隊友有單兵作戰的能力。現在到休士頓,戰力落差 太大,他能不能幫助這些沒有單打能力的人?如果他可以提昇隊友的表現,那他 就非常優秀。一個類似的例子,就是上一季太陽隊的史蒂夫奈許。 NBA.com: You played under one of the greatest coaches in NBA history in Red Auerbach. Who are some of the coaches you admire today? Russell: In football, Bill Belichick's attitude is, win with what you have. The coaches I watch over the season are the ones who maximize the most with what they have. To me, that's a criteria. I thought Scott Brooks did a great job in Oklahoma City and same with Erik Spoelstra in Miami. Red Auerbach coached in the NBA for 20 years and he was named NBA Coach of the Year only once and that was in his last year. And he announced he was retiring from coaching before the season started. So, the writers voted him Coach of the Year and that was nowhere close to being his best year. 官:你曾效力於NBA史上數一數二偉大的紅頭教練氅下,如今你又欣賞哪些 教練呢? BR:在美式足球,新英格蘭愛國者教練比爾貝利奇克的用兵之道,我還滿欣賞 的。我喜歡看教練怎麼把手上兵力發揮得淋漓盡致,這是我判斷教練好壞的標 準。這方面雷霆的史考特布魯克斯、熱火的艾瑞克史潑都做得很棒。 說到這我要為紅頭教練抱個屈,他在NBA二十年,卻只拿一次年度最佳教練 ,還是退休那年,因為他在球季開打前就宣布他季完退休,那些球評才選他的 ,其實他退休那季的表現遠不如他最出色的那幾年。 Bill Russell http://0rz.tw/Vqlwc Bill Russell was the cornerstone of the Boston Celtics' dynasty of the 1960, a five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and a 12-time All-Star. 比爾羅素是塞爾堤克王朝的傳奇球星,五度獲選MVP,拿過十一座NBA總冠軍。 十二度入選全明星賽。 Red and Me: part1&2 http://0rz.tw/OoDrn http://0rz.tw/Wwyvh The story of Celtic's all-star Bill Russell and his relationship with the Celtic's coach Red Auerbach. 傳奇教練紅頭,與傳奇球星羅素之間,師徒情深的故事。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 111.250.70.178 ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ※ 轉錄者: Paraguay (123.193.88.144), 時間: 09/18/2012 23:32:21 ※ 編輯: Paraguay 來自: 123.193.88.144 (09/18 23:36)