精華區beta Linux 關於我們 聯絡資訊
發信人: [email protected] (希望之子...), 看板: linux 標 題: [轉錄]Re: 有人知道i740的driver去哪抓嗎? 發信站: 元智大學風之塔 (Wed Jan 13 08:20:41 1999) 轉信站: casper!news.cm.nctu!ctu-peer!ctu-gate!news.nctu!news.ncu!news.yzu!bbs. ※ [本文轉錄自 Xwindow 看板] 發信人: [email protected] (...沈思中...), 看板: Xwindow 標 題: Re: 有人知道i740的driver去哪抓嗎? 發信站: 交大資科_BBS (Wed Jan 6 08:36:33 1999) 轉信站: bbs.yzu!news.yzu!news.ncu!news.mis.yzu!aidebbs!netnews.csie.nctu!news. ==> 在 [email protected] (飛龍之子) 的文章中提到: > ==> [email protected] (白痴一族) 的文章中提到: > >我查了文件x windows 3.3.3 好像還沒支援i740, > >難怪UN*X流行不起來,一個中文環境和驅動程式 > ^^^^^^^^到底你有沒有用過CLE? > >就使許多人打退堂鼓,效率再好有什麼用。 > ^^^^^^^^你有問題就放棄了,誰能救你? > 你願不願意花錢去買商業版的X server? > 我記得商業版的X server早就支援i740了,你願意花錢買嗎? > XFree86是免費的東東,而且文件裡有說明支援程度最佳的是S3系列的卡, > 請你看清楚再來抱怨..想在Linux上使用X window,你不是花錢買商業的 > driver,就是花錢買支援度最高的卡,要是兩者都不願意的話也許你可以 > 回頭去玩暈酒吧,不要上來亂抱怨..不要因為人家不支援你的卡就在那裡 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > 怨東怨西的,人家又沒拿你的錢... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 你這句話有問題吧...... 就因為人家沒收錢, 所以有什麼問題都不能抱怨了嗎????? 更何況 hzchen 說的難道不是事實嗎? 中文環境比不上 Windows , 硬體支援比不上 Windows, 這也都是不爭的事實. anyway, 針對這個標題轉貼一篇在 comp.os.linux.x 的文章吧..... From: [email protected] (Hatto von Hatzfeld) Subject: Re: Need Help installing XBM for i740 Date: 17 Nov 1998 09:30:21 GMT Lou schrieb in Nachricht <[email protected]>... >I am new to the Linux world. I am actually installing Linux for the >first time. I have a Pentium II 333 with a Diamond Stealth II AGP card >with an i740 Clockset. I found the XBM server for the i740 at RedHat's >FTP site. I have followed the directions to install it. Everything >seemed to go well. And then the directions said that you had to edit >XF86Config by hand. (Which directions tell that??) Others helped me - and I managed to install the same card on the same processor. I assume that you have the RedHat distribution 5.x. (If not, tell me!) IF you have done everything as it is descibed in the installation instructions (I had "XBF_i740, Version 0.9.10, 10 October 1998"), i.e. a) installed the driver (from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/XBF/XBF-i740-glibc-0.9.10-1.i386.rpm) b) made a soft link to the driver by ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/XBF_i740 /etc/X11/X c) run "xf86config" as root (giving correct answers, of course - and if you do not find your card, just pretend to use the SVGA-driver! If you want use all the possibilities of your monitor, choose the frequency range by yourself according to your monitor manual and don't deselect any resolution. If you don't have xf86config, then install it [with tar xvzf] from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/XBF/xf86config-glibc-0.9.10.i386.tgz), THEN X-Windows should start by "startx" in the 8 bit color mode, and by "startx -- -bpp 32" (attention on dashes and spaces!) in the 24 bit color mode. In X-Windows you then can change resolution by pressing Alt-Ctrl-+ (on num key block), if you haven't limited the resolutions before. If that's o.k., then you may do some additional manual work in /etc/X11/XF86Config: Look for the "Screen section" (at the end of the file). You will find in one 'Section "Screen" ' the driver you have chosen in xf86config (e.g. "svga", and there must be a 'Subsection "Display" ' with depth 32). (_Not_ in the last section with the accelerated servers - these don't apply here.) If you insert before the first 'Subsection "Display" ' a line "DefaultColorDepth 32" then you don't need "-- -bpp 32" any more (to use the 24 bit color mode). And if you replace the line Modes "640x480" "800x600" "1024x768" by Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" then you don't need Alt-Ctrl-+ to arrive at the best resolution your monitor can display with your card in the true color mode. (The driver at the beginning always takes the first resolution available for the actual color depth and possible according to the given frequencies.) If you want to have a "1280x1024" resolution you must use the 16 bit color mode because 1280x1024 pixels don't fit in the 8 MB memory of your card at 32 bit. Don't use the 24 bit option! It is not supported by your card. In fact the 32 bit mentioned are 24 bit + 8 bits waste. To be save you may cancel the display subsection with depth 24. If you have problems, just answer. Hatto [email protected] -- * Origin: ★ 交通大學資訊科學系 BBS ★ <bbs.cis.nctu.edu.tw: 140.113.23.3> -- ※ Origin: 元智大學 風之塔 <bbs.yzu.edu.tw> ◆ From: [g2227a.dorm.ccu.edu]