精華區beta MLB 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/five-questions-colorado-rockies5/ Five questions: Colorado Rockies by Ben Pritchett April 01, 2011 How much does $237.5 million buy you in today’s economy? 兩億三千七百五十萬美金可以買什麼? : Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez, that’s what. Both players saw their : stock as baseball players rise to meteoric levels. Tulo跟Cargo,就這樣。趁著自由球員市場火熱的時候,這兩個球員選擇與洛磯隊簽下 近乎包含整個生涯的合約。 : In 2010, Tulowitzki won his first Gold Glove award. Baseball Info Solutions : gave him its Fielding Bible Award. He didn’t captivate the world just with : his glove. He garnered much of his attention from his Ruthian September, in : which he hit 15 home runs and had 40 RBI. Only Babe Ruth himself had a better : singular month than Tulo. 2010 Tulo拿到個人第一個金手套,同時也拿到防守聖經獎。但是他不只有手套。 沒有人能夠忘記10年9月的Tulowitzki,那個月他打了15支HR、40分打點。 歷史上有人單月成績比他好嗎? 有的,那個人叫做Babe Ruth。 : The beautiful thing about him is that he is just 26 years old, and he plays a : stellar shortstop. Health permitting, he should be considered the best : overall shortstop in baseball. If you look at his 10-year $157.75 million : contract, one should think that the Rockies got an incredible bargain on such : a magnificently gifted athlete. He always will face doubters who question his : ability to stay healthy, but he will never face doubters of his talents and : abilities. His signing gives the Rocks a name they can build their franchise : around. Denver isn’t a huge edifice of baseball, but the foresight and : fortitude to find the cash to lock down a superstar of Tulowitzki’s caliber : should be applauded, especially in a market dominated by the Northeast. 想想他才26歲,健康的話會是整個大聯盟最棒的SS。這樣看來,10年1億五千多萬的合約對 洛磯來講,真是賺到囉。不過,雖然不曾有人質疑他的天分與能力,Tulo卻常被質疑他無 法保持健康。簽下Tulo,成為洛磯的基石。雖然丹佛不是棒球重鎮,不過能夠挖到金礦, 把Tulo這種巨星綁住,還是值得鼓勵。 : Don’t fall asleep on Gonzalez. Just recently George Karl of the Denver : Nuggets, of all places, compared the “smoothness” of CarGo to that of the : great Roberto Clemente. Where Karl errs in that comparison is that Gonzalez : hit 34 home runs in 2010. Clemente’s career high for a single season was 29. : Another possible difference is in that oh-so-lovely stolen base department. : Gonzalez stole 26 bases in 2010; Clemente never swiped more than 12 in a : single season. The batting average compares nicely. Gonzalez hit .336 last : year, and Clemente was a career .317 hitter. 聽到Cargo的名字別睡著。最近丹佛金塊隊的總教練George Karl才把Cargo的流暢動作與 名人堂球星Roberto Clemente(生涯3000安,卻在飛往尼加拉瓜賑災途中墜機身亡)比較 不過Karl可能沒搞清楚一點,Clemente生涯單季最多轟也只有29,Cargo去年打了34。 而且講到盜壘,Gonzalez更是略勝一籌。Cargo去年打擊率.336,Clemente生涯.317。 : I don’t think anyone believes that Gonzalez will conclude his career with a : comparable career average. The “smoothness” that Karl is referencing may be : most noticed in the defense of Gonzalez, the 2010 Gold Glove winning left : fielder. Clemente finished his career with 12 Gold Gloves mining the right : side of the outfield. He was arguably the greatest fielding right fielder of : all time. Gonzalez should hope that he will one day be that good. The Rockies : have invested $80 million over the next seven years on the hopes that : Gonzalez will be nearly as good as Clemente. 我不認為Gonzalez最後能有類似的生涯打擊率。這邊Karl所提到的"流暢動作",應該是指 他的守備。Clemente生涯拿了12座金手套,被認為是史上防守最好的右外野手之一。 Gonzalez拿到2010金手套,洛磯希望最後他能表現得跟Clemente一樣好。 : I believe that as the life of these contracts becomes more and more : intertwined with the Rockies' ability to operate, they will have a negative : impact on Colorado’s ability to fill the gaps. Pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez's value : should continue to rise, and managing the payroll beyond the three stars will : prove very difficult in a city like Denver. I hope the Rockies have more of a : plan than putting all their cash in a super-talented, injury-prone shortstop : and a free-swinging yet equally gifted, youthful outfielder. 我相信當這兩張合約走到讓洛磯隊捉襟見肘時,他們會發現無法把球隊的洞給補起來。 畢竟,加上市場價值越來越高的UBall,小市場球隊實在很難在三大明星外再補強什麼。 洛磯隊選擇把錢灑在天賦洋溢的兩名選手身上,一個是容易受傷的游擊手, 另一個是自由揮擊的年輕外野手。我希望洛磯球團在補強上有更完善的規劃。 Who’s going to close games when Huston Street gets hurt? 街哥受傷的話,誰來關門? : Only seven current closers have more career saves than Street. He has proven : himself as valuable an entity to Colorado as any other player on the roster. : Street had pro scouts salivating as he won College World Series MVP honors : while playing for Texas. He would then wow us in 2005 when he won the : American League Rookie of the Year award as a member of the Oakland : Athletics. His skills are evident as you watch his low 90s fastball tail : through the zone. He pitches with great poise and often can overpower : hitters. In 2009, he saved 35 of 37 games in which he closed. 現役球員中,只有七個投手的救援次數比Street多(註1) 他已經證明自己在褲兒濕的能力 在大學時代,Street就讓球探流盡口水,同時也拿下了美國聯盟2005年新人王。 他的球路充滿尾勁,雖然速球只有low-90s,依然能讓打者摸不著頭緒。 2009年,37個救援機會中,Street只砸鍋2次。 : Last season was a different story. He had a late start while dealing with a : multitude of injuries. We saw his ERA creep back up to 3.61. Over his : six-year career he has spent over 160 days on the disabled list. He is now : the prototypical health risk at just 27 years old. 上一季又是另外一回事。在好不容易克服傷痛復出後,我們看到他的ERA飆高到3.61。 超過六年的職業生涯,Street待在DL的時間超過160天。 以27歲的年齡來說,他顯然有很容易受傷的風險。 : The Rockies must concern themselves with how to prepare for a possible : stretch of time without their talented closer. As we examine their roster, : there’s Franklin Morales who has notched 10 career saves and has the stuff : to close. But what he has in skills, he will always screw up in his command : of his pitches. He has never really been as successful as most thought he : could be when he and Jimenez burst onto the scene in 2007. 因此,洛磯隊必須考慮到沒有Street在場上的狀況。看了看25人名單,我們發現Franklin Morales具有Closer的資質,同時也有終結者的經驗。但是我們也知道,他有控球上的問題 從他跟UBall同時在07年登上大聯盟的舞台,Morales從來沒有達到人們對他的期待。 : What about Matt Lindstrom? Well he has 43 saves scattered over the past three : years, including 23 last year as a member of the Houston Astros. Most would : assume that the signing of Lindstrom was Plan B to Street. 林風暴呢? 他過去三年也有43次救援成功啊! 許多人認為,簽下林風暴,就是球團有考慮 到Street有可能會受傷。 : I know the Rockies don’t put much importance in my opinion, but I hope I’m : not the only one who sees the potential of Rafael Betancourt. I know he’s : 35, but he doesn’t walk anybody and strikes out well more than a batter an : inning (89 Ks in 62 innings pitched last year). If I’m the manager and I’m : looking over this list of relievers. I would always stop on Betancourt. He : has the skills to be Street's understudy. Let’s hope there’s no need for : such a job, but Betancourt should be more than capable. 我知道洛磯球團不太重視我的意見,但是我希望我不是那個唯一看出Betancourt潛力的人 他35歲了,但是他不投四壞,三振率又超高(去年89K/62IP) 如果我是總教練,從我今年所 有的投手中,我一定會挑Betancourt。他可以當Street的備胎。 雖然我們不希望這種事發生,但是Betancourt一定能輕鬆勝任。 Are the Rockies still fun even with a humidor? 有了保濕器,洛磯比賽還有趣嗎? : For years we, the baseball fandom, have been fed propaganda proclaiming the : humidor as the answer to the home run haven of Coors Field. Anyone who has : read The Hardball Times Handbook 2011 may have a different feeling. Our boss : and essayist Dave Studeman detailed evidence displaying that last year may : have actually debunked the theory that a humidor has cured Coors of its : propensity for pop. 長久以來,我們都以為保濕器可以解決褲兒濕容易被幹砲的問題。不過如果看了 "The Hardball Times Handbook 2011"這本書,或許你會有不一樣的感受。 我們的老闆跟專欄作家,詳述了各種證據,說明保濕器並不如你想的那樣 可以讓飛球飛得沒那麼遠。 : First, I don’t think most people know what the "humidor" actually is, and : how it affects the game in Denver. The humidor is a room within Coors where : the baseballs are kept. This room mimics the environment in which the : baseballs are made and stored in other locations. Since the air is so thin in : the Mile High City, humidity’s effect or lack thereof is the foremost reason : most use to explain why balls fly out of there like school children to recess. 首先,我想大部分人都不知道"保濕器"這玩意到底是什麼,更別說如何影響比賽。 保濕器事實上是褲兒濕球場的一個房間,負責保存比賽用球。 這個房間要維持住棒球製造與保存在其他地方的環境。換言之,既然高海拔的空氣稀薄 濕度的影響與其缺乏,就變成解釋為什麼飛球在褲兒濕總像脫韁野馬的主要原因。 : Recently Alan Nathan, a physicist, wrote a guest article for Baseball : Prospectus on the subject. Apparently, Arizona is considering a humidor for : its Chase Field to copy the success of the Coors Field humidor. It is a : fascinating read. 不過,最近有一個物理學家,寫了一篇討論這個問題的文章。裡面提到Arizona也想為他們 的Chase Field蓋一座相似的"保濕器"。這篇文章很有意思。 : One important facet to interpreting the validity of statistics is sample : size. For example, if I took the final month of 2010 as my projection basis : for evaluating players for 2011, then Tulowitzki would be the best player in : the game, followed closely behind by Mike Aviles. 解讀數據的時候,一定要看樣本數的大小。如果我拿去年最後一個月的數據來預測球員今 年的表現,Tulowitzki一定是最棒的,跟在他後面誰呢,Mike Aviles。 : In his evaluation of park factors, Dave Studeman pointed out that we should : not place our faith in one year’s worth of data in determining park effects, : but he also pointed out that the increase in home runs at Coors Field in 2010 : could be signaling several things. Either the data used to anoint the humidor : as the answer to home runs didn't use a large enough sample size (years) to : make an accurate determination of its success or that 2010’s 1.50 home run : ratio was an aberration, and we can expect a correction soon. Either way the : jury must still be out on whether treating baseballs like a Cohiba is really : working. 前面提到的棒球專欄作家,在解讀park factor的時候,他指出我們不應該看一年的球場 成績來決定park factor。但是他也說,2010年褲兒濕全壘打產量的增加可能意味著什麼 即使是檢驗保濕器是否成功的數據,樣本數也不夠大。讓我們無法看出,2010年的單場 1.5支全壘打,是否只是短暫的偏差,終究還是會回歸正常。無論如何,目前要判斷 這種把棒球像Cohida雪茄一樣放在humidor(humidor也可指雪茄盒)的做法是否合宜 還言之過早。 : I, for one, enjoy the park factors. I am enamored by the Green Monster at : Fenway, the short porch in New York, and the windiness of Chicago. That’s : the unpredictability that we love about baseball. Coors Field should embrace : its power prowess as all parks should embrace their own unique identities. No : other sport has all the different venues that we enjoy in baseball, and : because of that, no other sport has the "hallowed grounds" of an epic : ballpark. 以我個人來說,我喜歡各個球場都有不同的特性。我喜歡Fenway的綠色怪物、紐約的淺右 外野牆,還有芝加哥的風。這就是棒球的迷人之處:不可預測性。褲兒濕應該以打者天堂 自居,就像其他球場各有其特色。其他運動都不像棒球如此多變迷人,而且正因為如此 也不會有其他運動像棒球場一樣還會有"hallowed grounds"的存在。 Is Ubaldo Jimenez a bona fide ace? UBall是貨真價實的ACE嗎? : Armed with one of the most electrifying fastballs, Jimenez cemented himself : early in the 2010 season as a pitcher to watch. I know that when I saw he was : pitching on television, I made sure my DVR was recording. 擁有可怕的火球,Jimenez是10球季初最亮眼的投手之一。當我看到他在電視上投球, 馬上就把我的錄影機打開。 : Jimenez throws nearly 100 mph with incredible movement, and that’s just his : four-seamer. His two-seamer has equally devastating movement with slightly : less speed. According to Fangraphs pitch value index, his fastball registered : as the second best in the majors last year with a rating of 30.0. To give you : a frame of reference, only 11 other pitchers in the game had a rating higher : than 20.0. UBall有將近100mph、尾勁刁鑽的速球,這還只是他的四縫線。他的二縫線同樣很會跑, 只是速度慢了點。根據Fangraphs的數據,他的速球在整個大聯盟中排名第二,拿到30分 30分有多棒呢?其他投手的速球,高於20分的只有11個人。(最高為Tim Hudson) : His start to the 2010 season was by far the most talked about, especially in : the fantasy baseball communities. Every “expert” was staking his claim of : finding him first. I will argue that his lackluster control could be blamed : on how nasty his stuff is. 現在講到Uball,很少不提他那驚人的10年開季,特別是在FB社群。每個"專家"要證明自己 的觀點,都先拿Jimenez出來舉例。不過我覺得,他在控球上的問題,會對他那優異的球路 造成一些影響。 : He is a 200-plus strikeout pitcher who should pitch another 215-plus innings. : His delivery seems effortless while cranking it up in the high 90s. He’s 27 : years old and uses his power to get groundball rates in the low 50s. People : must remember that he is accomplishing all these feats, humidor or not, in a : top three hitter’s park. He is an ace in every sense of the word, and once : he gains more control of his filthiness he could be a 20-game winning Cy : Young Award winner very soon. 他本季應該能投出另一個215+局的球季,並且飆出200次以上的三振。儘管飆出high-90s 的火球,他的出手還是非常輕鬆。他只有27歲,能夠用球威把滾球率控制在50幾趴。 人們應該牢記,他是在一個極端偏向打者的球場(不管有沒有保濕器),達成這些數據。 不管你怎麼定義ACE,他就是ACE。而且只要他能夠改善控球,UBall絕對是能夠20勝的 賽揚級投手。 How will the West be won? 國西激戰誰會脫穎而出? : The Rockies have all the pieces in place to be successful in 2011. They have : three good starters. They play good defense. Their lineup has power, speed : and role players, and 2010’s playoff run should give them the confidence to : know that the postseason is within reach. 今年的洛磯準備好了。他們有三個好投手,好的防守陣容。打線部分,有砲有腿有替補。 去年與季後賽擦身而過,今年的洛磯隊應該要更有信心。 : Obviously health will play a major factor, probably more so for the Rockies : than other teams in the National League West. Tulowitzki, Ian Stewart and : Street must stay healthy for the Rocks to compete against the 2010 World : Series Champion San Francisco Giants or the wildly talented Los Angeles : Dodgers. I don’t foresee the Padres performing as valiantly as they did in : 2010. The Padres will not be able to sneak up on anyone, and the Arizona : Diamondbacks are still a few players off from becoming a real contender. 當然健康很重要,對落磯來講可能更重要。Tulo、Stewart跟Street,都是球隊的基石, 他們必須保持健康,才能跟衛冕冠軍舊金山巨人,以及才華洋溢的洛杉磯道奇一較長短 我不認為教士隊能打出去年的戰績,他們應該不能當攪局者。至於響尾蛇,他們還缺少一 些球星,讓他們能夠重返競爭者之林。 : How will the Rockies defeat the Giants? That’s going to be a task. The : Giants have lost nothing since last year and welcome Brandon Belt, a future : batting champion to their roster. The Rockies will have to have great : performances from the back end of the rotation with Jason Hammel and Esmil : Rogers and have one of their position players step hisr game up, whether : that's Dexter Fowler or Stewart or more likely Seth Smith. 洛磯怎樣才能打敗巨人呢? 這也許有點困難。他們的冠軍陣容今年捲土重來,還多加了 Brandon Belt這個潛力新秀。洛磯必須在輪值的後段(Hammel、Rogers)有所表現,同時 也要有Tulo、Cargo以外的打者大爆發,像是Fowler、Stewart或者更有可能是Smith。 : I think the Rockies match up much better against the Dodgers in both hitting : and pitching. Colorado plays better defense and will not be intimidated down : the stretch if the action is forced under the lights of Tinseltown. 另一方面,我認為今年的洛磯在攻守方面都優於道奇。洛磯的防守比較好,也不會受到 好萊塢刺眼鎂光燈的威嚇下做出錯誤決策(這句有點酸...) : A fight for a wild card spot is more realistic than an outright win of the NL : West. The Giants have too much of everything to bet against at this point. I : could see a real battle with Atlanta or Philadelphia into late September. But : I think the Rockies can give up their dreams of making it much farther than : that. Maybe next year. 爭奪外卡或許比搶下國西桂冠來的實際。巨人的陣容看起來還是非常嚇人。我可以預期 費城人與勇士到了九月底還殺的難分難捨,不過我覺得洛磯應該可以讓其中一隊的外卡 夢碎。他們明年再來吧! 註1: 他們分別是Mariano Rivera(559)、Francisco Cordero(290)、 Francisco Rodriguez (268)、Brad Lidge (222)、Jose Valverde(193)、 Jonathan Papelbon (188)、Brian Fuentes(187)跟Bobby Jenks (173) 應該是8位 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.134.179.129
Ayukawayen:因為Jenks不是"current closer"? 04/02 23:50
ygjhsu:如果這樣講的話Fuentes好像也不應該是XD 04/02 23:51
Tulowitzki2:推 04/03 00:06
Fitzwilliam:Clemente不是前往波多黎各途中墜機的,是要從波多黎各 04/03 01:16
Fitzwilliam:前往尼加拉瓜賑災,結果才起飛就墜海。遺體一直沒找到 04/03 01:17
感謝指正!
ajarist:推 04/03 01:30
albertjet:Sosa某年6月20hr的成績也贏Tulowitzki的10年9月吧 04/03 01:58
Beisbol:每次看到Street,就要回味一下2006ALCS的影片 04/03 06:38
interesting:Joe Nathan呢? 04/03 07:28
Joe Nathan (247),真奇怪BR竟然沒有把他放在現役球員,是因為去年都沒打嗎 lol ※ 編輯: ygjhsu 來自: 220.134.179.129 (04/03 09:35)
rayven:今年勇士這麼被看好啊 04/03 13:49
zamethy:好文不推嗎 04/04 00:04
oopsmamamiya:好想知道排名第一的速球是誰@@ 不是uball難道是盲腸? 04/05 10:54
celipliz:先推 不過U-Ball那一段講到Fangraphs的 他是說速球評分超 04/05 13:01
celipliz:過20的只有11人 04/05 13:01
celipliz:還有回oopsmamamiya, 第一名是Tim Hudson, 32.1 04/05 13:02
感謝樓上指正 ※ 編輯: ygjhsu 來自: 140.112.174.95 (04/10 16:19)