精華區beta MLB 關於我們 聯絡資訊
2003 Game 1 of the World Series. Marlins vs. Yankees. At Yankee Stadium. Tie game. 1 –1. Nick Johnson is on third base and is the go-ahead run. Well, Nick Johnson was on third base … until I picked him off to end the inning. 世界大賽第一戰在洋基球場馬林魚隊VS.洋基隊,1-1平手。 Nick Johnson站在三壘上而且代表著超前分, 嗯…好吧,他曾經在三壘,直到我牽制他出局來結束這一局。 https://youtu.be/eSIKsnn5aO4
We went on to win that game by one run, and that victory set the tone for the entire series. I’m pretty sure that’s my favorite play of my career. If I don ’t make that throw and nail Nick Johnson, maybe that run scores and we lose that game, and who knows what happens in that series? But I got him. And that one felt so good. 我們以一分之差贏得這場比賽,這場勝利也開啟了整個系列賽。 我非常確定這是我生涯最喜愛的一次play。如果我沒有傳出那球抓到Nick Johnson,我們很 有可能就會掉分然後輸掉這場比賽,誰會知道整個系列賽會發生甚麼事?但是,我抓到他了 ,讓我感覺到非常蘇胡。 2003 The last game of the 2003 World Series, Game 6, Josh Beckett was on the hill on just three days rest, and he threw a complete game. That was incredible to be a part of. And being able to celebrate in New York was amazing. To me, there’s no bigger stage in the world than Yankee Stadium. 2003 第六戰,2003年世界大賽的最後一場。 Josh Becektt站在投手丘上投了一場完封而且他只休息三天,身為其中的一分子讓我感到相 當得不可思議,以及能夠在紐約慶祝更是一件相當驚奇的事情。 對我來說,這世界上沒有比洋基球場還大的舞台了。 2003 You know, that year, we never really got all that nervous during the World Series, because no one ever gave us a chance. We never felt like we had a ton of pressure on us. We were underdogs the whole playoffs — every series. No one expected us to win a single series in the playoffs. So we were beating the odds the whole time. We just had fun. We were loose. And I’m pretty sure that’s why we won it all. 2003 那一年你知道的,我們在世界大賽中從來不感到緊張,因為沒有人認為我們有機會。 我們不覺得身上背著沉重的壓力。在整個季後賽—每個系列賽我們都被認為是弱隊,沒人期 待我們在季後賽贏下任何一個系列賽。 所以我們在那時一一扳倒不看好我們的人。 我們相當地快樂,我們很放鬆,我非常相信這就是為什麼我們贏得了一切的關鍵。 2004 Playing in Detroit was pretty special for me. That Old English D is iconic. There’s so much history there. A ton of Hall of Famers have been a part of the Tigers organization. And that meant something to me. I was proud to put on that uniform. I just have one big regret about my years as a Tiger…. 在底特律打球的日子對我來說相當特別,用古老英文書寫的”D"是他們的標誌,這裡充滿 著歷史。許多的名人堂選手都曾是老虎隊的一員,同樣地,對我也有一些特別意義。我非常 榮幸可以穿上這件制服,只是有一件事讓我在老虎隊的時期感到相當的後悔….. 2006 I still can’t believe we didn’t win the World Series in 2006. It was really painful for me when we lost in five games to St. Louis. I was heartbroken — because we had such a good year. We had the perfect group of players. But everything fell apart. I still think about that one all the time. Baseball is crazy. You just never know. 我至今還是不能相信我們沒有贏到2006年的世界大賽冠軍,只有五場比賽就輸給了聖路易對 我來說是相當痛苦的。我心碎了,因為這一年我們是多麼的棒,我們擁有最好的球員,但是 一切卻分崩離析。 我至今為止都還會回想起那個時候。棒球是相當瘋狂的,你永遠不會知道會發生甚麼事。 2008 When I got to the Yankees, I remember being kind of in awe. It was just so cool to be able to put those pinstripes on and that Yankee Stadium was my home field. I really felt like I was part of history. Knowing all the great players who had been in that clubhouse was inspiring to me as a player. I wasn’t there long, but I’ll never forget it. 當我到洋基隊的時候,我還記得那種敬畏的感覺, 對我來說能夠穿上那些條紋以及把Yankee Stadium當作主場真是一件太棒的事情了,我覺得 我就是歷史的一部分。你要知道有多少好手曾經在這支球隊,而他們同樣也激勵了我。 在這裡雖然待的日子不長,但我絕對不會忘記的 2011 During my final year with the Nationals, I realized something had changed. By that time, I was only playing one or two times a week. And that was very hard for me. Sitting on the bench was tough. And when I got my two days to play, everything was so different. The game had become much more difficult for me. It wasn’t the same anymore. Everything was faster and more mechanical. So I became frustrated, and it started to bring me down. I had a feeling it was going to be my last season, but when the off-season came, it was hard. I didn’ t really want to end my career, but at the same time my mind wasn’t ready to go back to another spring training. I had some opportunities with some clubs. But I didn’t have the same passion anymore.And that’s when I decided to retire. It was time. 在國民隊的最後一年時,我理解到有些事情已經改變了,在當時我一個禮拜只打一或兩場比 賽,這對我來說相當困難,坐在板凳上的感覺很不好受。 比賽對我來說是越來越難了,一切都不太一樣了,所有的事情都變得更快更有效率,我開始 感受到挫折以及失落,我有預感這將會是我的最後一季,但是在休賽季來臨的時候,這開始 變得困難,我真的不想在此結束我的生涯,但同時間我卻沒有準備參加其他春訓的心情。我 有一些球隊可以選擇,但是我再也沒有跟以前一樣的熱情了。這就是為什麼我決定退休,時 候到了。 2017 There’s nothing I would change about my baseball career. No changes. Nothing. I ’m very pleased with the career that I had. All the organizations I played for were first-class all the way. I’m proud to have played for all of them. And I’ m proud of the respect that I showed for the game. Now … I guess if I could do one thing over again, or go back, I would say that I’d love to have 156 more hits, for 3,000. But, you know, 2,844, that’s a lot of hits. That’s not too bad. 我的棒球生涯沒有任何改變,沒有。 我對我的生涯感到相當滿意,所有我加入過的球隊都是一流的。 為棒球所表現出的尊重讓我感到相當的自豪 直到現在…,我猜猜如果我可以回頭再做一件事情的話,我會說我想要再打156隻安打達到 3000安,但是你知道的,”2844”已經很多了,一點也不差。 2017 Everything that I’ve become and everything I’ve accomplished starts with my parents, Jose and Eva, Mom and Dad. Those two taught me everything in life. For me, everything starts at home, and I still, to this day, apply what they taught me growing up. I’m 45 years old … and I’m still getting advice from my mom. I ’m still taking lessons from my dad. You should see me when those two are talking. I shut my mouth and listen, even at my age. And, you know what, to be completely honest, I have no complaints about that at all. 讓我成長以及完成的這一切都來自於我的雙親,Jose以及Eva 他們倆人教導我人生的所有事情。對我來說所有事情都從家庭開始,到現在時至今日我也是 遵循他們所教導的來做事。 我已經四十五歲了,我還是從我媽得到一些建議、從父親身上學到一些東西。 你應該看看他們怎麼跟我說話的,即使在現在這個年紀我還是閉上嘴巴乖乖地聽.。而且你 知道嗎?坦白的說我一點都不會對他們抱怨。 -- Yes I know Syndergaard is throwing 90 mph change ups. Don't @ me please. by ithrow88 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 36.225.73.180 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/MLB/M.1510314160.A.9B8.html
tomsawyer: 頭推 11/10 20:02
kenkenken31: 看完推! 11/10 20:06
Aaronko: 在催票? 11/10 20:16
sooon219: 好看 11/10 20:18
kshank06: 看完推 11/10 20:28
sunnei: Pudge! 11/10 20:31
pneumo: 佩服你 11/10 21:00
Kitakami: 這一篇文章值 1 Ptt幣 11/10 22:06
Kitakami: CD怎麼了?又恢復正常?? 11/10 22:07
leegogo: 推推 你很適合翻譯耶 11/10 22:29
leegogo: 看球員寫自己最喜歡的play很有趣 11/10 22:30
stja: push 11/11 02:47