精華區beta MLB 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Getting to know new Washington Nationals’ skipper Dave Martinez... by Patrick Reddington 文章來源: https://goo.gl/UwDn3s Over ten seasons as Joe Maddon’s bench coach, first in Tampa Bay and then in Chicago, new Washington Nationals’ skipper Dave Martinez learned all he could while waiting to get an opportunity to manage. 過去十年先後在光芒隊與小熊隊擔任Joe Maddon的板凳教練, 在這段等待機會成為總教練的過程中,Dave Martinez, 這位國民隊的新任總教練早已做好所有的準備工作。 “I really believe that the biggest thing for me that I took from Joe is his positivity and the way he processes things, his preparation.” - Dave Martinez It probably helped that the GM who finally gave Martinez his first managerial gig knew Maddon well, having played for the current Cubs’ manager during his own playing days all the way back in 1982. Martinez:「我相當確信我從Joe那邊學到最重要的就是他的積極度以及處理事情時 事前完善的準備工作。」而他對於Maddon的熟悉程度或許也成了國民隊GM Mike Rizzo 最後決定給他機會的關鍵,讓Martinez以菜鳥之姿擔綱國民隊的新任總教練。 畢竟 Mike Rizzo自己當年甫進入小聯盟擔任球員時,Maddon就是他的小聯盟教練。 “We talked about that a lot,” Martinez told MLB Network Radio hosts Jim Duquette and Mike Ferrin in an interview last week, when asked about Nationals ’ GM and President of Baseball Ops Mike Rizzo’s history with Maddon. "It helped. And it also helped that I was with Joe for so many years. Not only is he a great teacher, but Joe is a student of the game, and he’s always looking for an edge, and I was able to be with him and pick his brain about what’s next. “We never feel like we know everything, and we want to continue to learn to try to find that edge to compete at the highest level every day.” 當Martinez被問到關於國民隊的GM兼棒球事務總裁Mike Rizzo與Moddon間的歷史時, 他告訴MLB Network Radio 的主持人:「我們談了很多關於Mike與Maddon過去共事的事, 而那的確對我競逐這個位子有幫助,因為我過去也跟隨Maddon許多年。 Maddon不僅是個好老師,同時也是個能從比賽中學習的好學生 他總是不斷的在比賽中找尋優勢,而在他身邊,我也可以學習到應該如何思考下一步。 我們從不覺得我們已經學會所有關於棒球的知識,仍持續學習並試圖找出我們的優勢, 這讓我們每天都能維持最高的水準且保有競爭力。」 The biggest takeaway from his time with Maddon? 那甚麼是你從與Maddon共事的過程中獲得最重要的呢? “I really believe that the biggest thing for me that I took from Joe is his positivity and the way he processes things, his preparation,” Martinez said. It was unbelievable. Over the years, everybody’s heard how we do some very different things, but it’s not things that we don’t think about, it’s not things that we just do on a whim. We base everything on information, and we process everything, and we prepare well for every game, and it’s fun. “It keeps everybody engaged, it keeps everybody prepared, so those are the things that I really took, and learned, from Joe, as to take all the information and prepare yourself, process it, and put the best guys out there to win the game.” Martinez:「我相當確信我從Maddon那邊學到最重要的就是他的積極度與處理事情前的 準備功夫。在過去數年間,每個人聽到我們做了些與眾不同的事情,但那些事情都是 我們深思熟慮過,並非一時興之所致。我們所做的一切皆有所本,並且對每一場比賽 都做出十足的準備,這是相當有趣的事情,這會讓每個人都保持忙碌並專注於事前的 準備,這也就是我從Maddon那邊學到的:要如何將所有的資訊都納入考量, 隨時準備好自己,認真的執行並且將最優秀的人放到最合適的位置來贏得比賽。」 Martinez has stressed since he was hired, that just having information isn’t enough, it’s more about how you apply what you know. “I love information,” he said last week. “Information for me is great, but you still have to play the game on the field and know your players. Know which players could engage in all the information and which players it might hurt by getting so much information, and use it wisely. “But having information, like I said, we talk about getting an edge, and the more information that we can get, myself, coaches, and present it to the players in the right format, the better we’re going to be, the more prepared we’re going to be.” 自從Martinez被聘任後,他感到相當緊張,因為他並沒有掌握足夠的資訊, 無法透過足夠的資訊去應用所學。「我喜歡資訊。」Martinez上週這麼說。 「對我來說,資訊無庸置疑地相當重要。但我們都需要在場上比賽, 因此必須對你的球員瞭若指掌,必須知道哪個球員可以給他大量的資訊讓他消化, 或是哪個球員不能告訴他太多以免他瞻前顧後,反而表現更差。這需要智慧。」 「但如同我所說,擁有資訊就能占有更多優勢。當我們獲得更多資訊, 我和我的教練團就能夠透過適當的方式傳達給我的球員,這會讓我們變得更好, 讓我們能夠事先做出更充足的準備。」 Part of that process, as Martinez said in his introductory press conference as manager of the Nationals earlier this month, is familiarizing himself with the players on the roster, as he explained when asked how a rookie skipper can go about getting to know his team and winning over a clubhouse. “It’s building relationships,” Martinez suggested. “Communicating. Trust. Those are the three things that I kind of instill myself with. Let them know that I’m on their side. This is a partnership between all of us. They’ll know that right away.” 如同在本月初就任總教練的新聞記者會中被問到,一個菜鳥教頭要如何了解他的球隊 並獲得休息室的尊重時的回答,他認為盡快與球員熟悉將會是他目前主要的工作之一。 Martinez認為:「彼此建立良好的關係、相互溝通與互信這三件事是他長久以來被灌輸的 信念,讓球員知道我是挺他們的,我們是彼此的夥伴,他們很快就會知道這一點。」 The learning process for the Nats’ new skipper began during his own playing days, as he observed some of the managers he played for at work and learned what he could. 對這位國民隊的新教頭,從他當球員的第一天起就不斷的在學習如何當個教練, 他觀察他所效力的那些教練們並學習他自己能夠做些甚麼。 “As you know I played for a lot of different managers,” he told the MLB Network Radio hosts, “and each one had their particulars.” “I have to say, as I got older and really started understanding the game, the one guy that I really learned a lot from, and I was only there really for a year, cause I got hurt the next year, was Bobby Cox. I watched him manage games, and I watched him interact with players, and really just like you see him and you watch him, he was very engaged, and just to watch him on a daily basis helped me understand what the game was really about, and how to proceed forward, and how to — even as he won games, but he took everything in stride, you never saw him panic. “For me, he processed everything, and he used all his players, all 25 players. I was a role player back then, but I ended up getting over 300 at bats, and he talked about that, about utilizing all 25 guys on your roster.” 「如你所知,我曾在許多不同的教練地下打球,而每一位教練都有他獨特的執教風格。」 他這樣告訴MLB Network Radio的主持人們。 「我必須說,隨著我年紀增長,開始慢慢真正了解比賽後我才發現,有一位教練雖然我 因傷勢的關係只跟隨他一年,但我的確從他身上學到許多,他就是Bobby Cox。我觀察 他如何掌握比賽,如何與球員互動,就如你所見,他的確相當引人注目,我仔細地觀察 他每天的例行事項,這能幫助我理解比賽的內容,知道如何繼續向前並不論勝敗都可以 從容地處理所有事情,你從不曾看過他露出驚慌失措的一面。」 「對我來說,他能夠處理所有的事情,而且他會適度的使用他所有的球員,25個人都會。 在過去我只是個功能性球員,但我最後卻獲得超過300個打數。他教導我如何使用球隊 名單中的25名球員。」 “I’ve played for Bobby Cox, I played for Dusty [Baker],” Martinez said at one point in his introductory presser. “Those guys taught me that, ‘Hey, there’s always another day.’ “After 15-20 minutes — I did something in Tampa when we were there — and I told the guys, after 15-20 minutes after a loss, I want the music on. We’re going to forget about it, we’re not going to dwell on it anymore, we’ll move on, we’ve got another game tomorrow. And they loved it. They bought it. It was done. 「我曾為Boddy Cox打過球,我也為Dusty Baker效力過,他們都要教導我相同的事- 嘿,無論如何,總會有新的一天。」 「當我過去在光芒隊時,在賽後15到20分鐘,我會做一件事,我會告訴那些球員, 當輸球後15到20分鐘,我就要聽到音樂響起。我們必須忘記剛才比賽的一切,我們不要 老是想著剛才輸球的內容,我們必須繼續向前,我們明天還有一場比賽。 他們喜歡我這個做法,他們買帳,這樣就可以了。」 “We ate together for the most part after the game, and it was over and we came back ready to play the next day. I think: positivity, a lot of energy, let them know that we care, even when they have a bad game, when they have a good game, let them know that we always care about them, and you’ll get the most out of each player.” 「在大部分的賽後時間,我們會一起吃飯,吃完後一起回去休息準備第二天的比賽。 我認為正向思考能帶給我們相當強大的力量,讓球員知道我們關心他們,不論是他們 剛打完一場很糟的比賽,或是很棒的比賽,我們永遠會關心他們,這樣你就會贏得每一個 球員的心。」 Martinez was asked last week, if he’d reached out to Baker, who he succeeded on the bench in the nation’s capital, to see what he could learn about the team he inherited, mostly intact, from the veteran manager. “I haven’t talked to him yet, but I’m going to call him and just pick his brain a little bit,” Martinez said. “But Dusty was another guy that — as a matter of fact, when I played for him it was his first year as manager, and he was awesome, he was great, players’ manager, loved to talk to him, always had conversations with him.” Martinez在上週同樣被問到,若他有機會與Baker聯絡,他會向這位資深教練請益甚麼呢? 畢竟Baker與國民隊的球員關係良好,而目前Martinez幾乎原封不動地繼承這批球員。 Martinez:「我還沒機會與他交談,但我會和他聯繫的。我想要聽取他的意見了解一下 狀況,但是Baker是不同類型的人,事實上,過去我為他效力時, 那時剛好是他第一年擔任總教練,而他的表現令人驚豔, 他是位相當了不起的教練,球員都很喜歡跟他聊天。」 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 140.115.36.223 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/MLB/M.1511424284.A.984.html ※ 編輯: kobec (140.115.36.223), 11/23/2017 16:06:42 ※ 編輯: kobec (140.115.36.223), 11/23/2017 16:09:26
vg175: 國民粉先推再看 11/23 16:13
TreaTurner: 先推再看,要趕快認識新總A才行 11/23 16:23
cc9i: 推~~ 11/23 16:33
bkm1: 小熊不妙了 這教練在球隊地位很重要..... 11/23 17:27
大大可以多分享一些他以前的事蹟嗎? 謝謝~
t340081231: 他應該比美國吳復連有料多了啦 11/23 17:48
kenkenken31: 推推 11/23 17:57
wuming2: 名師出高徒 應該啦 11/23 17:58
ocean11: 牠就是Bobby Cox。 這個"牠"是寫錯字了吧,改一下比較好 11/23 18:05
謝謝~ 已經修改了~
BoJackson: 板凳教練學成自立山頭~ 11/23 18:56
ug945: 可借轉國民板嗎? 11/23 21:05